GDT: Montana State (09/09/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing this game reminded me of:

Mark Gronowski is just a winner. He fought through one of his poorer games in quite a while and was money (once again) when the game was on the line.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

[QUOTE=bubbajack;n534936]They really about to let a team come in and beat their asses

Bold.[/QUOT

??? maybe not! it wasnt pretty but they found a way to get it done.

Comment

Those 3 calls by the refs were bad. But atleast they got thr review at the end correct. Aside from the qb being past the line of scrimmage......

we had the energy in the 2nd half and that was enough.

The one thing i worry about with rogers being unproven is if the team can play disciplined enough. The unsportsmanlike call on the flop was the refs, but a few others were bad. Those could cost a game if they dont get those cleaned up.

Was Jadon out this game? Jaxon want really a factor, Hienz finally with the td late but watching on tv was hard to tell but they seemed pretty ineffective.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
          Stalbird gives MSU a free 15 yards for some dumb extracurricular nonsense.
          watch the replay. refs gave MSU free 15 yards. Stalbird did absolutely NOTHING

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
            Coaching has been pathetic; what you get for hiring your buddies, instead of proven, experienced coaches. This was a clown show of a game. Rogers better get his **** together.
            A win versus the #3 team in the nation in his second game. Even great teams have close games.

You've been overly critical of Rogers from the beginning? Did he lose a bet for you when he played or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              These officials have been awful.
              I second that. I'd say i hope we never have them again, but we've had this crew before.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                One thing this game reminded me of:

Mark Gronowski is just a winner. He fought through one of his poorer games in quite a while and was money (once again) when the game was on the line.
                FOR SURE!! without a doubt not one of his best games!! BUT the throw to Heins was perfect and the throw to Goering was too!! actually both throws to Goering were perfect and he threw the first one while he was getting smoked by the safety

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i think it would be appropriate to say the same thing for MSU. officiating contributed heavily to two of their 4 scores. it was not really a pretty or extremely well played game from either team, but i give credit to both teams for playing to the final whistle
                  Thank you for recognizing this. I hope folks also recognize the adjustments Rogers, Lujan, and Bobbit (and the other assistants) made after the half.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

A win versus the #3 team in the nation in his second game. Even great teams have close games.

You've been overly critical of Rogers from the beginning? Did he lose a bet for you when he played or something?

Give me a break, they looked like **** tonight and came out super flat. Your fanboy admiration is less than objective. They didn't come out ready to play and special teams was a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

almost without fail every championship team has a close call along the way where they did not really have their best game but they battle through it and find a way and most of the time point to that as an important moment in the season that made them better

Comment

That and the fumble recovery, he didnt have control and his foot was clearly out of bounds. Glad they found a way to win. I liked some of the new looks and formations. Those were good wrinkles. You need those sort of adjustments when playing a team so frequently. I remember thats what sdsu would do to us years ago when we would loose in the playoffs. Just a few adjustments we werent prepared for.

sdsu of old would have found away to lose this game. Give rogers credit they could close it out. It was a strange game but against a legit title contender. Would not be surprised they make run at it again. Im sure the robert cats will not miss playing in Brookings anytime soon.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Give me a break, they looked like **** tonight and came out super flat. Your fanboy admiration is less than objective. They didn't come out ready to play and special teams was a disaster.
                          Sure, you win, and you're the fount of objectivity.

Jacks made no adjustments at the half, and Rogers was the coach who cost his team 15yds due to an unsportsmanlike to end game, but let me guess, you'd rather have Vigen as a coach?

Comment

almost without fail every championship team has a close call along the way where they did not really have their best game but they battle through it and find a way and most of the time point to that as an important moment in the season that made them better
                            Exactly, honestly I hated how the game progressed, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Rogers gain experience.

Comment

You're right and this team will lose to Youngstown if they have the mindset they had tonight, they need to step it up. Disagree, I don't care.

Comment

I did. He stood up with a guy straddling over the top of him. Probably not a penalty (or my thought on the replay that their player also gets a penalty for not letting Stalbird get up), but it's the kind of thing that the refs will see after the play and hit you for whether it's legit or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X