Assistant Coach moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant Coach moves

There's speculation that USD's new offensive coordinator might be one of NDSU's offensive assistants. If there's any truth to that, judging by the Bison's lackluster performance in the FCS championship game, USD might want to reconsider its options.
    This space for lease.

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    There's speculation that USD's new offensive coordinator might be one of NDSU's offensive assistants. If there's any truth to that, judging by the Bison's lackluster performance in the FCS championship game, USD might want to reconsider its options.
    It would make some sense though given lack of any activity on that front.

Beschorner is option with prior 'Yote tenure, and Pauley played under Nielson at UM-D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I am hearing an SDSU assistant, not NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I am hearing an SDSU assistant, not NDSU.
        Josh Davis headed to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Josh Davis headed to USD.
          I guess that’s a step up as offensive coordinator but if it was me and all the accolades of playing and coaching for the Jack’s….I think I would have a little vomit in my mouth going to USe’D!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post

I guess that’s a step up as offensive coordinator but if it was me and all the accolades of playing and coaching for the Jack’s….I think I would have a little vomit in my mouth going to USe’D!!!
            Seems to be a bit of a risk to me. If Bob doesn't get things turned around soon, their entire staff could be looking for jobs. Another year with the Jacks if they make another run could have positioned him for better opportunities down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Seems to be a bit of a risk to me. If Bob doesn't get things turned around soon, their entire staff could be looking for jobs. Another year with the Jacks if they make another run could have positioned him for better opportunities down the road.
              Unless he was told Nielson's essentially done after this season. Did they ever specify terms of the contract extension?

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post

More than "a little." I'd need about a dozen SDSU ice cream root beer floats to calm the queasiness

Comment

I’m sure Davis didn’t see Lujan going anywhere soon but woof. Happy for him and his family but USD? Cmon man!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Unless he was told Nielson's essentially done after this season. Did they ever specify terms of the contract extension?
                    That would seem to be risky for USD, to tell someone that he is the head coach in waiting, when he has no head coaching experience and has never set foot on campus other than when playing for your rival.

Comment

The good news re​​​ference Davis is that he was only there a year so the impact either way is minimal and the Jankes are staying. I knownits early, but if this is the worst of what we are losing, then I'm good. I expect to lose coaches
                      Last edited by Theee Catrabbit; 01-10-2023, 08:02 PM.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        The good news re​​​avisference Davis is that he was only there a year so the impact either way is minimal and the Jankes are staying. I knownits early, but if this is the worst of what we are losing, then I'm good. I expect to lose coaches
                        A positive is the Jacks are positioned to attract quality applicants, maybe more so than at any previous time.

Comment

Imagined their logo down in Frisco. Puke.

https://twitter.com/sdcoyotesfb/stat...FlcIAbUSJF8OKg

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

That would seem to be risky for USD, to tell someone that he is the head coach in waiting, when he has no head coaching experience and has never set foot on campus other than when playing for your rival.
                            One could argue that extending Nielson's contract was a risk, in the sunk cost sense.

Davis has coached in the region for several years, so they could've indicated that him taking the offense from bottom to top third in conference would merit him first consideration once Nielson leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
                              We should start a separate thread to talk about Josh Davis and the status of other assistant coaches and football support personnel in the off-season. I'm sure there will be other teams coming after SDSU assistants.
                              Yes, can admin move these posts over???

Comment

Working...
                              X