Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs

I did not look at all the scores. i think the Idaho game is tonight and the Montana game is on one of the espn channels tonight, but i did see that UND is down 24-7 with a little time remaining before halftime.

Jacks play Deleware next week. they crushed saint francis. the UND game is 31-14 at half. each team scored a TD in the final couple minutes of the half. und must have had a big return or some type of big play to answer that final Weber score

Comment

UND......someone actually fought for them to be in the playoffs.......
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        UND......someone actually fought for them to be in the playoffs.......
        Weber State may have endorsed that move.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Weber State, without the long snap issue vs Mt St would've been seeded. And, without the long snap issue vs Sac St may have been a top 4 seed. They are a very dangerous team. The Bobcats will have their hands full next Saturday. UND on the other hand would likely have been favored, often by a large margin, against any other first round team.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Questionable game management by Eck, and Idaho misses a FG on 2nd down to lose at Southeastern

Comment

The pass to the wide receiver in the flat that leads to a pick 6.....
              you think Eck would eventually learn that play is horse@#$% and I don't miss it one bit.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It's pretty clear that it's time to eliminate the auto bids from the non-full scholarship leagues including the Pioneer and NEC. If these schools don't want to make the same financial investment in their schools at the rest of the leagues, then why should they reap the same benefits? Watching St. Francis and Davidson just get boat raced while obviously much better teams are sitting home is a joke. You want to qualify for an auto, then provide 63 scholarships. That would make the playoffs much better by actually including the best teams. The Patriot at least allows 60 and you can see the difference between the Fordham/Holy Crosses of the world and the other two conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  It's pretty clear that it's time to eliminate the auto bids from the non-full scholarship leagues including the Pioneer and NEC. If these schools don't want to make the same financial investment in their schools at the rest of the leagues, then why should they reap the same benefits? Watching St. Francis and Davidson just get boat raced while obviously much better teams are sitting home is a joke. You want to qualify for an auto, then provide 63 scholarships. That would make the playoffs much better by actually including the best teams. The Patriot at least allows 60 and you can see the difference between the Fordham/Holy Crosses of the world and the other two conferences.
                  Bylaws, and factors like Patty Viverito's dual Valley-Pioneer commissionerships, make this a moot point.

Perhaps working to establish scheduling agreements among FCS conferences to better ensure teams like Davidson don't pad their regular-season schedules with multiple DII teams would be a viable alternative serving to reduce score skewing. Similarly, bubble teams could receive consideration for scheduling more competitive non-conference opponents in subsequent seasons. For instance, YSU scheduling someone like Jackson State in 2025 could get them "off the bubble" and into the bracket if they finish 7-4 in 2023

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Bylaws, and factors like Patty Viverito's dual Valley-Pioneer commissionerships, make this a moot point.

Perhaps working to establish scheduling agreements among FCS conferences to better ensure teams like Davidson don't pad their regular-season schedules with multiple DII teams would be a viable alternative serving to reduce score skewing. Similarly, bubble teams could receive consideration for scheduling more competitive non-conference opponents in subsequent seasons. For instance, YSU scheduling someone like Jackson State in 2025 could get them "off the bubble" and into the bracket if they finish 7-4 in 2023
                    This is probably a crazy idea, but how about play in games for non- scolly's vs scholarship bubble teams like basketball has for their Tournament, 64 + 4, that way they could earn their way, and technically they'd have their chance, just sooner. Maybe there's not enough time for that? But do entire conferences get denied from participating in an NCAA event ? I don't know if the NCAA would buy into that or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

This is probably a crazy idea, but how about play in games for non- scolly's vs scholarship bubble teams like basketball has for their Tournament, 64 + 4, that way they could earn their way, and technically they'd have their chance, just sooner. Maybe there's not enough time for that? But do entire conferences get denied from participating in an NCAA event ? I don't know if the NCAA would buy into that or not.
                      Would you keep the 24-team field or have the play-in games to field something like an eventual 16-team tournament?

The latter could theoretically maintain static costs compared to the current model, and it would be less disruptive than forcing conferences to offer scholarships, increase scholarships offered, and/or cut sports.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

The first round is essentially a play in already, with bubble teams playing those from the non (or limited) scholarship leagues.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

The first round is essentially a play in already, with bubble teams playing those from the non (or limited) scholarship leagues.
                          That's what I was thinking, although I suppose one could argue that the field may gain some "legitimacy" by requiring bubble teams to win before entering the official playoff field

Comment

What a comeback by Montana to beat Southeast Missouri, 34-24. Montana trailed 24-3 midway through the third quarter, then bounced to life and scored 31 straight points. Now they get a chance to go on the road and upset the Bison.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              What a comeback by Montana to beat Southeast Missouri, 34-24. Montana trailed 24-3 midway through the third quarter, then bounced to life and scored 31 straight points. Now they get a chance to go on the road and upset the Bison.
                              i dont think it is impossible, but very very unlikely the griz can handle the bison

since my only real concern in the playoffs is that the Jacks end up with the trophy, i do not know why i care about anything else, but there is a part of me that wants the rest of the world to see what i believe is true. the MVFC is the unquestionable best conference. in that regard i would like to see both the jacks and bison steamroll their way to frisco

but i have little doubt that the bison would be the most difficult possible frisco matchup, so if somebody else comes out of that side i will not lose any sleep over it, as long as the jacks handle business on our side of the bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X