No announcement yet.

Playoff selection! Jacks #!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure getting Tommy Melott (sp?) and Montana State would be a break, as Jack's home field is not going to intimidate them, but yah, best position Jack's have had (since the spring trip)

Comment

Any chance one of young techno-savy types could set up a pick'em contest of some sort? I have no clue how to do it, but I think it would be fun for the board to fill out and talk trash to each other.

There is a part of me that likes the idea of SDSU and NDSU going FBS depending on how the football landscape shapes up, but I love when the playoff bracket comes out each year. Go Jacks!!
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        The 7-4 Fightin' Ecks of Idaho are in. They travel to 8-3 Southeastern Louisiana. Congrats to Coach Eck1 They're in the right side bracket....Jacks in the left-side bracket.

Fighting Hawks of UND are in on our bracket. They open at Weber State
        I don't know that Idaho scares me, but they were one of the teams I wanted to avoid the most. Eck knows too much about our personnel and schemes.

Comment

Montana State got hosed in their draw. UND or Weber is a tough first game, potentially tougher than W&M in the Quarters. MSU in Brookings will be a tough game for us. I agree with the poster that said our home field advantage won’t intimidate them. The biggest benefit of being at home this year, to me, is that I have no faith this team could go on the road to Fargo/Bozeman/etc. and not false start 12 times. Playing at home negates our false start issues we’ve had all year, and I think you can’t understate how big of an impact that has on our offense. Maybe we can grow our attendance in the playoffs this year and get closer to 15k for each game and make an actual home field advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
            Montana State got hosed in their draw. UND or Weber is a tough first game, potentially tougher than W&M in the Quarters. MSU in Brookings will be a tough game for us. I agree with the poster that said our home field advantage won’t intimidate them. The biggest benefit of being at home this year, to me, is that I have no faith this team could go on the road to Fargo/Bozeman/etc. and not false start 12 times. Playing at home negates our false start issues we’ve had all year, and I think you can’t understate how big of an impact that has on our offense. Maybe we can grow our attendance in the playoffs this year and get closer to 15k for each game and make an actual home field advantage.
            UM??

the jacks are the NUMBER ONE team in the country! and the NUMBER ONE SEED in the playoffs. that does not earn ANY FAITH? that does not earn ANY positive thoughts or comments? sorry! i really am!! i dont want to be argumentative

but isnt this a board for FANS? dont FANS enjoy watching / rooting / talking about their team? i mean if this team is giving you no reason for happiness...... IDK carry on as you are free to do

as for MSU getting "hosed," as i said all they can do is play the schedule in front of them, but they played EXACTLY NOBODY on the road. maybe if they had anything remotely like a road game at IOWA (pretty good home crowd tradition) or a road game at NDSU (pretty good home crowd tradition) or Missouri St or UNI, both of whom i am pretty sure had the biggest home crowd they have had in MANY years to root against the jacks (and Missouri St was still SOMEBODY when the jacks played them. it was after playing the jacks they turned into nobody)

maybe under those circumstances they have trouble of their own, and they needed, and got, a LOT of help from Weber to win that one at home and that is FAR AND AWAY their best win of the year. and some might say it was much more of a case of Weber losing the game than MSU winning it

am i saying MSU stinks OR that the jacks might as well just go to Frisco now cuz the home wins are a foregone conclusion? nope. MSU is good, obviously they played us very tough last year and ended our season!! they will be a tough opponent, but i like our team and i like our chances. i believe we have as good or better chance to hold the trophy as any team in the country!! and i will enjoy watching this team for every minute of every game until the final horn

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
              Not sure getting Tommy Melott (sp?) and Montana State would be a break, as Jack's home field is not going to intimidate them, but yah, best position Jack's have had (since the spring trip)
              DJD might not, but Bock, Sanders, Winkelman, Stalbird, Gales, Reeder, Norblade, and Lofton should

Comment

I agree. It would be good to give them a Jacks whoopn

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                  This time they wouldn't have the advantage of facing a Jacks team that had traveled from Brookings to Sacramento to Philly to Montana in two weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

This time they wouldn't have the advantage of facing a Jacks team that had traveled from Brookings to Sacramento to Philly to Montana in two weeks time.
                    Not to mention the fact that the "unfaithful" may want to look at the box score for games like EWU, UCD, UNC, NAU, and Cal Poly -- MSU has had their own false starts.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

UM??

the jacks are the NUMBER ONE team in the country! and the NUMBER ONE SEED in the playoffs. that does not earn ANY FAITH? that does not earn ANY positive thoughts or comments? sorry! i really am!! i dont want to be argumentative

but isnt this a board for FANS? dont FANS enjoy watching / rooting / talking about their team? i mean if this team is giving you no reason for happiness...... IDK carry on as you are free to do

as for MSU getting "hosed," as i said all they can do is play the schedule in front of them, but they played EXACTLY NOBODY on the road. maybe if they had anything remotely like a road game at IOWA (pretty good home crowd tradition) or a road game at NDSU (pretty good home crowd tradition) or Missouri St or UNI, both of whom i am pretty sure had the biggest home crowd they have had in MANY years to root against the jacks (and Missouri St was still SOMEBODY when the jacks played them. it was after playing the jacks they turned into nobody)

maybe under those circumstances they have trouble of their own, and they needed, and got, a LOT of help from Weber to win that one at home and that is FAR AND AWAY their best win of the year. and some might say it was much more of a case of Weber losing the game than MSU winning it

am i saying MSU stinks OR that the jacks might as well just go to Frisco now cuz the home wins are a foregone conclusion? nope. MSU is good, obviously they played us very tough last year and ended our season!! they will be a tough opponent, but i like our team and i like our chances. i believe we have as good or better chance to hold the trophy as any team in the country!! and i will enjoy watching this team for every minute of every game until the final horn
                      I have full confidence in our team to win every game they play, including the playoffs. My comment about faith was not having faith in them getting past their false start issues they’ve had this year in tough environments. At Iowa, NDSU, UND, and to a lesser extent UNI, we’ve consistently had issues with false starts. All I’m saying is if we have to go to Bozeman or Fargo, this team has shown all year they have false start issues and I think it just is what it is at this point. I don’t think that’s a hot take. Being at home means we should have far fewer false starts than we’ve had on the road, which is a good thing. I have 100% confidence in our team to win out and win a championship. I have no faith that we won’t have false start issues on the road in tough environments because we’ve been bad at that all year.

Maybe you misunderstood my original comment? What I’m saying is a big part of home field advantage for us is our offense not getting behind the chains as often as they have this whole season when playing on the road because of false start and procedural penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I have full confidence in our team to win every game they play, including the playoffs. My comment about faith was not having faith in them getting past their false start issues they’ve had this year in tough environments. At Iowa, NDSU, UND, and to a lesser extent UNI, we’ve consistently had issues with false starts. All I’m saying is if we have to go to Bozeman or Fargo, this team has shown all year they have false start issues and I think it just is what it is at this point. I don’t think that’s a hot take. Being at home means we should have far fewer false starts than we’ve had on the road, which is a good thing. I have 100% confidence in our team to win out and win a championship. I have no faith that we won’t have false start issues on the road in tough environments because we’ve been bad at that all year.

Maybe you misunderstood my original comment? What I’m saying is a big part of home field advantage for us is our offense not getting behind the chains as often as they have this whole season when playing on the road because of false start and procedural penalties.
                        well, i am sure we would have a good debate about it if we were sitting at the game or a tailgate. it is just tough getting / understanding different perspectives while looking at words on a screen

i do think they have gotten better with those particular penalties and you are correct for sure, being at home should / does help

but the jacks like every team in the field, have flaws, but whether the challenges are self made, opponent made, ref made, or something else (injuries, maybe weather, etc..) the jacks have been able to meet every challenge and overcome it and end up with the W except for once. and i think they have an excellent chance to keep doing that for 4 more games. but i concede to you it is nice if you dont make too many of your own challenges

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

well, i am sure we would have a good debate about it if we were sitting at the game or a tailgate. it is just tough getting / understanding different perspectives while looking at words on a screen

i do think they have gotten better with those particular penalties and you are correct for sure, being at home should / does help

but the jacks like every team in the field, have flaws, but whether the challenges are self made, opponent made, ref made, or something else (injuries, maybe weather, etc..) the jacks have been able to meet every challenge and overcome it and end up with the W except for once. and i think they have an excellent chance to keep doing that for 4 more games. but i concede to you it is nice if you dont make too many of your own challenges
                          Let's just make sure any debate to be had doesn't prevent the fans in attendance from getting loud and causing the Jacks' opponents, be they Red Flashes, Blue Hens, yeller Bobcats ... to false start like madmen.

Comment

Anyone want to take a shot at an over/under number for attendance? I’m thinking 6,500 is a pretty good U/A number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
                              Anyone want to take a shot at an over/under number for attendance? I’m thinking 6,500 is a pretty good U/A number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I think we get at least 8k with current forecast.

Tickets are on sale now, but the announcement of that was relatively "hidden" compared to prior years' when I received emails. It also appears current season ticket holders can't purchase their seats yet [or at least mine weren't available for me to purchase (or reserved in my cart, as has been done for prior playoff games)]

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I think we get at least 8k with current forecast.

Tickets are on sale now, but the announcement of that was relatively "hidden" compared to prior years' when I received emails. It also appears current season ticket holders can't purchase their seats yet [or at least mine weren't available for me to purchase (or reserved in my cart, as has been done for prior playoff games)]
                                I purchased my same seats last night at about 6pm, I remember last year going into my account and getting them in the renewal area on my account and they were there. Should be there for everyone, lets pack the stadium!

Comment

Working...
                                X