Playoff selection! Jacks #!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    MVFC got just three in. Bottom of the conference just didnt imptress. I think we should have four in. But, some new teams refresh the system.

Big Sky has fve in?
    I Agree with you. i believe we should have had 4 in.

obviously i got into this on the ISU thread i believe it was and i understand what Westside and i believe it was Tibbs were saying and their arguments are reasonable.

but basically the selection committee said is that 7-4 Montana and 7-4 Deleware and maybe some others are better than our 4,5,6 teams. i think those would be very good games and it probably matters where they are played
    YSU and Montana are both 7-4 with no impressive wins. i would give the nod to YSU for finishing the year with better momentum

i am not an expert on all of this AT ALL!!!! i do not pay enough attention to teams NOT named Jackrabbits, but i do not think Deleware has any impressive wins either

anyway there will ALWAYS be teams not in who have a solid argument that they are more deserving than somebody who did make it

i pick Idaho over Montana because obviously they beat them h2h. put YSU in and Montana out the two best conferences each have 4 entries and call it good

but Most important the jacks are in there is a lot to like about their draw. hopefully the time off gets everyone very healed up and lets take care of business

interesting debate would it be better for us to get NDSU before frisco and therefore get them in brookings instead of texas. but good and bad to both sides of that. we cannot play them until the final so focus on the good of that and lets get it done

i will be THRILLED for the jacks to be champs NO MATTER WHO they play!!! but it would be very nice to take the bison down for the trophy and twice in one year they have to watch while the jacks leave with the trophy

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I Agree with you. i believe we should have had 4 in.

obviously i got into this on the ISU thread i believe it was and i understand what Westside and i believe it was Tibbs were saying and their arguments are reasonable.

but basically the selection committee said is that 7-4 Montana and 7-4 Deleware and maybe some others are better than our 4,5,6 teams. i think those would be very good games and it probably matters where they are played
      YSU and Montana are both 7-4 with no impressive wins. i would give the nod to YSU for finishing the year with better momentum

i am not an expert on all of this AT ALL!!!! i do not pay enough attention to teams NOT named Jackrabbits, but i do not think Deleware has any impressive wins either

anyway there will ALWAYS be teams not in who have a solid argument that they are more deserving than somebody who did make it

i pick Idaho over Montana because obviously they beat them h2h. put YSU in and Montana out the two best conferences each have 4 entries and call it good

but Most important the jacks are in there is a lot to like about their draw. hopefully the time off gets everyone very healed up and lets take care of business

interesting debate would it be better for us to get NDSU before frisco and therefore get them in brookings instead of texas. but good and bad to both sides of that. we cannot play them until the final so focus on the good of that and lets get it done

i will be THRILLED for the jacks to be champs NO MATTER WHO they play!!! but it would be very nice to take the bison down for the trophy and twice in one year they have to watch while the jacks leave with the trophy
      Part of their "best games" metric likely includes attendance, and Montana and Delaware are much better bets than YSU.

Comment

I'm honestly don't believe the bracket could have folded out any better for us.

Committee really didn't like Montana State, imo. They have to earn the trip to Brookings.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Part of their "best games" metric likely includes attendance, and Montana and Delaware are much better bets than YSU.
          that is BEYOND AN EXCELLENT POINT!!!

and some people thought your good thoughts started and finished with potential ice cream flavors)) you showed them!!!

Comment

The table is set. Time to eat boys. Get your tickets folks, this is our chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              I'm honestly don't believe the bracket could have folded out any better for us.

Committee really didn't like Montana State, imo. They have to earn the trip to Brookings.
              in their defense, all they can do is play the schedule in front of them

that said, they really only have 3 meaningful wins. Davis who finished 6-5, Montana who can very much be questioned if they are actually good or not, and Weber who could pretty easily argue for a top 8 spot

and ALL OF THOSE games were in Bozeman

you could say they escaped a road game at NAU (much like the jacks at UNI, and i would take UNI against NAU all day long)

so anyway, they deserve a high seed but there were certainly reasons for the committee NOT to love their resume

Comment

that is BEYOND AN EXCELLENT POINT!!!

and some people thought your good thoughts started and finished with potential ice cream flavors)) you showed them!!!
                Linking the two -- they eat ice cream in all of those locales

Comment

in their defense, all they can do is play the schedule in front of them

that said, they really only have 3 meaningful wins. Davis who finished 6-5, Montana who can very much be questioned if they are actually good or not, and Weber who could pretty easily argue for a top 8 spot

and ALL OF THOSE games were in Bozeman

you could say they escaped a road game at NAU (much like the jacks at UNI, and i would take UNI against NAU all day long)

so anyway, they deserve a high seed but there were certainly reasons for the committee NOT to love their resume
                  I could be in the minority, but I'd prefer Jacks and a "new" team playing for championship.

Stan Becton has Wildcats bouncing them in 'cats' first game, which I'm fine with.

One question on my mind would be impact of possible Fri. night game on prospective attendance for quarterfinal.

Comment

Accuweather (daytime) forecasts for Brookings:
                    Saturday, December 3, cloudy, wind ESE 9 gust to 22, precip probability 7%

And looking ahead:
                    Saturday, Dec. 10, Periods of cloud and sunshine, wind SE 4 gust to 7, precip probability 20%

Saturday, Dec. 17, clouds and sun, wind W 7 gust to 14, precip probability 25%

Layering, people! Layering!

(all of the above likely to change, of course)
                    (except the layering, of course)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      The table is set. Time to eat boys. Get your tickets folks, this is our chance.
                      That begs the question -- will tickets be sold this week even though opponent won't be known for another week?

For some of us, the opponent doesn't matter, and I'm primed to get tickets ASAP

Comment

I, too, was a bit surprised that YSU didn't make it. But 7-4 teams were on the bubble and had cast their fate to others. Also surprisingly, the Big Sky and Colonial got more teams into the tournament than the Missouri Valley.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Blue jerseys, Yellow pants, and Blue helmets for EVERY game please. Let’s establish a consistent identity !!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                            Blue jerseys, Yellow pants, and Blue helmets for EVERY game please. Let’s establish a consistent identity !!
                            Haha, I'd agree with you, but I suspect the white helmets would be used against Delaware. Then, team will stick with them for jinx avoidance

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                              Yes please.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We went for so many years without catching a break. No trip to Fargo The stars aligned! (Any uniform with the white helmets BTW)

Comment

Working...
                                X