No announcement yet.

Bye week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health is one of the best benefits of the bye. Check out this list below, this really can't be overstated how big this is.

Players that may/should return:
    Adam Bock
    Daeton Mcgaughy
    Graham Spalding
    Payton Shafer

Continued healing:
    Tucker Kraft
    Chase Norblade
    Landon Wolf
    Reece Winkelman
    Brian Williams
    many many more who have/had more minor dings...
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Health is one of the best benefits of the bye. Check out this list below, this really can't be overstated how big this is.

Adam Bock
      Daeton Mcgaughy
      Graham Spalding
      Payton Shafer

Continued healing:
      Tucker Kraft
      Chase Norblade
      Landon Wolf
      Reece Winkelman
      Brian Williams
      many many more who have/had more minor dings...
      Not to mention Isaiah Davis. i am not sure if his shoulder thing ever goes away but a chunk of time has gotta help. I think if he was totally healthy we would be on the verge of seeing him get 100 or more touches in 4 playoff games

total agreement with your post Westside!! and you did say many many more. if I understand correctly, Grono had a fairly recent ding that caused him to miss significant practice time. So that is pretty much the two most meaningful offensive / skill players
      Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 11-17-2022, 03:27 PM.

Comment

i also wonder during this time off will they reinstitute the offensive packages that heavily feature Tucker K. after he went down, the conversation indicated that there was a plan to very much make him a feature of the offense

am i wrong? i do not think we have seen him heavily used in any of the games since his return. not thinking we need to see him get 15 touches a game or something and maybe they were also referring to blocking schemes, which would be less obvious. but i am not sure he has much more than 5 touches in any of the games, if that

personally, i would love to see us just hand it to ID 25 times a game but i do not think that is possible. barring that I think getting our future professional TE a little more involved seems a good idea. OBVIOUSLY we still have to run the ball when ID is out of the game, and Amar has shown very nice improvement!! but i dont mind for the playoff games if we take 3-5 touches away from Amar and give them to TK and the Jankes and i dont think it hurts us if Hiens gets a tiny uptick in usage either

edit: just went and checked. he has averaged 5.25 touches per game in 4 games since return. maybe that is the perfect number what do i know! like i said i would love to see us simply run Isaiah down everyone's throats if we could

Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 11-17-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Agreed WestSide - Just sheer energy and exhaustion levels too... I think the schedule and travel often get overlooked as well. Last year Jacks had a bye in week 3, played 9 straight weeks to end the season, and 13 straight weeks through the unfortunate Montana State game. That was 4,900 miles travel regular season, 5,640 miles to get to Bozeman (through SacState/Villanova), 11,240 miles total for the entire season, playing in 4 separate time zones throughout the year. Truly coast to coast.

Compare that to this year. Certainly was tough to not have the bye until the final week #12 as we were playing, but to have two weekends off, and nearly 3 full weeks of calendar days off leading in to what should be us as a top 2 seed, hosting as long as we win... That's only 3,050 miles of travel throughout the entire year... playing every single game in good the good 'ol Central Time Zone, less than 300 miles separating all games from east-to-west, and 1020 from north-to-south. That's an incredibly small footprint for 15 potential games in Division 1 football.

Makes a HUGE difference considering how hard the wheels just physically fell off in Bozeman last year. Also shows the importance of finishing a season strong to earn a seed, bye, and hosting rights. So, all that to say... I am PUMPED for these next 2 weeks of rest, and the road going through Brookings. One game at a time of course! Let's show up in December, rust free, and ready to play.

Comment

Adam Bock
            Daeton Mcgaughy
            Graham Spalding
            Payton Shafer
            .... .
            Very encouraging! Bye time should really help shore up the linebacking crew.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Very encouraging! Bye time should really help shore up the linebacking crew.
              It's amazing to see the depth that the Jacks have developed at that position. It's easy to forget that Caleb Francl who had worked his way to be a starter, was lost for the season in the Iowa game.

Comment

One think thats encouraging when Bock comes back is that he can actually take some snaps off. Before he got hurt I don't recall him ever coming off the field. Knowing that Savion and Payton can play the position well can be a factor in having a fresher or healthier Bock in the 4th qtr.
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It's amazing to see the depth that the Jacks have developed at that position. It's easy to forget that Caleb Francl who had worked his way to be a starter, was lost for the season in the Iowa game.
                  Good point. What was the nature of Francl's injury, anyway? Leg? Knee? I sure hope he recovers and is back with the Jacks next season.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks seeded #1 with Bison #3.

Ridiculous that Bison were featured team in opening video when Jacks ranked #1 and won Valley. Other featured teams were conference winners/co-winners.

Comment

Good point. What was the nature of Francl's injury, anyway? Leg? Knee? I sure hope he recovers and is back with the Jacks next season.
                      Pretty sure it was a knee, since they seemed to know right away that he was done for the season.

Comment

It was definitely knee injury didn't hear on the severity. I thought I saw a #9 on the field during ILL ST punt that hit his teammate. He was the one trying to catch it. Was it Francl or did someone have to do a jersey switch?
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

It was definitely knee injury didn't hear on the severity. I thought I saw a #9 on the field during ILL ST punt that hit his teammate. He was the one trying to catch it. Was it Francl or did someone have to do a jersey switch?
                          Hmm. In addition to Francl, the SDSU program lists Jeff Becker as No. 9. Becker is a freshman quarterback from Indiana. Several niumbers are used twice - once for a defensive player and once for an offensive player. For example, Jadon Janke and Malik Lofton both wear No. 1.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Hmm. In addition to Francl, the SDSU program lists Jeff Becker as No. 9. Becker is a freshman quarterback from Indiana. Several niumbers are used twice - once for a defensive player and once for an offensive player. For example, Jadon Janke and Malik Lofton both wear No. 1.
                            Becker's #17 on online roster. I re-watched the replay, and there is a #9 visible (e.g., on kickoff at approx. 1:36:00 mark). I wonder if Jacks pulled double switcheroo and had Becker take #17 and Hoskins (who'd been another #17) take #9. Unfortunately, the box score doesn't list Hoskins or #9

Comment

The mystery of No. 9. Interesting. And confusing. At least we've got it narrowed down to three possible players.

This space for lease.

Comment

The mystery of No. 9. Interesting. And confusing. At least we've got it narrowed down to three possible players.
                                Or it's a complete wild card, and it's some creative strategy to navigate the redshirt rules

Comment

Working...
                                X