Bye week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye week

What are some games to keep an eye on this week? Which ones will decide playoff spots, are there any that will affect MVFC teams? Has anybody heard anything about Bock's recovery?
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    What are some games to keep an eye on this week? Which ones will decide playoff spots, are there any that will affect MVFC teams? Has anybody heard anything about Bock's recovery?
    • Idaho vs. Idaho State
      • Not sure Vandals would be selected at 6-5
    • MSU vs. UM
      • Gameday in Bozeman with Grizz fighting for playoff lives
    • UND vs. NDSU
    • Sac State vs. UC-Davis
    • SIU vs. YSU
      • Salukis 6-5 with win, with FBS win vs. Northwestern
    Midco showed Bock on sideline wearing boot and talking to medical staff during 4th quarter and mentioned that Jacks hoped to have him back for playoffs.

Comment

The MVFC has NDSU & UND match up. The FHawks could win and vie for a seed. Stig indicated Bock could be back in 3 weeks. He did not make any guarantee on the return, but it was within guidelines of that recovery. Sac State plays UC Davis which may change a top 2 seed for the Hornets. The Big Sky will have some teams influencing the seeds as Montana St is bouncing around the top 2 as well. Their annual game against Montana will still be a big thing in that country for a rival game and likely Montana will still be in with a loss at 7-4. They have bounced back after 3 tough losses.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        The MVFC has NDSU & UND match up. The FHawks could win and vie for a seed. Stig indicated Bock could be back in 3 weeks. He did not make any guarantee on the return, but it was within guidelines of that recovery. Sac State plays UC Davis which may change a top 2 seed for the Hornets. The Big Sky will have some teams influencing the seeds as Montana St is bouncing around the top 2 as well. Their annual game against Montana will still be a big thing in that country for a rival game and likely Montana will still be in with a loss at 7-4. They have bounced back after 3 tough losses.
        I live close to Sac State and UCDavis and have been to several games…last year was a scare with Jacks barely getting past Sac State. They have a coaching staff that is excellent and turned that program from a mess and turned that program a 180 the first year…3 years ago or so.
        But UCD is really playing tough and we barely beat them, so if the Jacks met either one it could be a real dog fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          • Idaho vs. Idaho State
            • Not sure Vandals would be selected at 6-5
          • MSU vs. UM
            • Gameday in Bozeman with Grizz fighting for playoff lives
          • UND vs. NDSU
          • Sac State vs. UC-Davis
          • SIU vs. YSU
            • Salukis 6-5 with win, with FBS win vs. Northwestern
          Midco showed Bock on sideline wearing boot and talking to medical staff during 4th quarter and mentioned that Jacks hoped to have him back for playoffs.
          Everything i have heard on Bock are Maybe 1st playoff defiantly 2nd playoff game.
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post

I live close to Sac State and UCDavis and have been to several games…last year was a scare with Jacks barely getting past Sac State. They have a coaching staff that is excellent and turned that program from a mess and turned that program a 180 the first year…3 years ago or so.
            But UCD is really playing tough and we barely beat them, so if the Jacks met either one it could be a real dog fight!!
            I know the final scorecard said that game was close but it wasn't we had some 3rd string offense in and defense and had a fumble and a botched onside that all lead to TD which made the game close at the end.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

I know the final scorecard said that game was close but it wasn't we had some 3rd string offense in and defense and had a fumble and a botched onside that all lead to TD which made the game close at the end.
              AGREE
              we were ahead 24-10 with under 4 minutes. took our foot off the gas a bit. not saying we should not respect them if we play them again! but if we play like SDSU we win comfortably or more. that does take into account that they have improved since the second game and appear to be playing very well at the moment (not gonna be surprised if they knock off Sac) but i think we might have improved slightly since that game also

Comment

Agreed - with the Big Sky looking like the overall conference to beat, our game against UC-Davis is getting more attention. In addition to a near-epic meltdown on both special teams and defense at the end, the blocked PAT returned to the other end zone was incorrectly ruled on the field. The broadcast threw up TD graphics after the return (not sure what the referees officially called it as), but it should have been a safety.

Because it was touched by a player in the end zone prior to it hitting the ground, that was certainly still a live ball that was advanceable for a safety, as it should have been called. If it had hit the ground without being touched outside of the neutral-zone area, then it would be a dead ball as called. Increasing the lead back to 10 completely changes that game, and we'll never know how it ultimately would have mattered. At the end of the day, a win is a win... but a 2-point win at home is getting some somewhat negative attention now.

This exact play was featured in an NCAA rules video. The entire series and weekly videos they put out are really quite interesting.
                https://youtu.be/ZEm3RT4TeKw?t=449

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

AGREE
                  we were ahead 24-10 with under 4 minutes. took our foot off the gas a bit. not saying we should not respect them if we play them again! but if we play like SDSU we win comfortably or more. that does take into account that they have improved since the second game and appear to be playing very well at the moment (not gonna be surprised if they knock off Sac) but i think we might have improved slightly since that game also
                  That damn field in Frisco is a wild card.

Comment

Everything i have heard on Bock are Maybe 1st playoff defiantly 2nd playoff game.
                    If Bock is available for the 2nd playoff game, I do hope he isn't defiant.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

Prairie is it really necessary to point out the slip of the finger from your fellow rabbits like that)))) haha i think the rabbit code calls for picking your fellow rabbits up and having their back not DEFIANTLY pointing out the rare errors that we rabbits make

(i hope the sarcasm is BEYOND obvious!! i got a good chuckle out of your joke and hope 2487 did also)

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

I don't know -- defiance directed toward the opponent would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I don't know -- defiance directed toward the opponent would be awesome
                          at the very least i believe he will DEFIANTLY destroy their game plan))

i think we might be taking this conversation in a somewhat tangential direction? that said we have a month to talk about football without having an actual game to talk about so.........???

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

at the very least i believe he will DEFIANTLY destroy their game plan))

i think we might be taking this conversation in a somewhat tangential direction? that said we have a month to talk about football without having an actual game to talk about so.........???
                            I'm not sure how keen I'd be on Bock returning for first game. Not that I wouldn't want him back; I'd just be concerned if he'd be fully healed.

Food for thought, if Sam Herder's most recent bracket is accurate, Jacks would face:
                            • Chattanooga or SEMO (two teams they've never faced)
                            Then, Jacks' quarterfinal opponents could be:
                            • Montana [a team they haven't faced in Brookings since 1970 (and never beaten)]
                            • Weber State [a team they haven't played in Brookings since 1968 (and never beaten)]
                            Semifinal opponents could be:
                            • Montana State (obvious revenge implications)
                            • Idaho (a team that's never been to Brookings with a certain former Jacks OC as coach)
                            • New Hampshire, whose only game vs Jacks was 2017 playoff drubbing that they may enjoy attempting to avenge
                            • Furman, Davidson, or William & Mary (teams that have never played Jacks)
                            Zim mentioned in both The Show and NLA that Jacks Athletics has work to do to drum up interest to increase playoff attendance. Big Sky opponents would likely make that job at least somewhat easier, and I think I'd favor a Grizz to Bobcat playoff vengeance sequence, if only because the memories of playoff losses to them are still relatively fresh.

Comment

Here is a good article addressing the weather in South Dakota in December.
                              https://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spo...aj6oPvk6OE1N0k
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X