Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=LetsGoRabbits;n527835]
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Not sure about fans in general, but I haven't seen the play being mentioned much.

Can't argue with your rationale regarding player rankings, but I think a strength of this defense is that a case could be made for a handful of players being "tied for second or third"[/QUOTE]

sometimes the answers are pretty obvious, but often times there is a LOT of room for discussion or debate or personal opinion or preference or whatever you want to call it. this is a part of sports i enjoy very much, the debates about who is better than who / ranking / etc....

in my perspective Bock is the clear number one and Sanders is the clear number two. i already listed who i would put in the argument for #3 but to the spirit of your comment, i agree with you!! it is a defensive unit DEEP DEEP DEEP with quality football players. the quality goes far beyond the starting eleven. so i absolutely can understand if you or someone felt there was a good case that it is Bock and a bunch of other very good players
    Oh, I think Sanders could consistently be ranked #1 or 1a, and Bock and the LBs would probably admit that Sanders helps free them up to make plays by occupying and wreaking havoc on OL.

Comment

Jacks FB posted this, which echoes Zim's tweet. Drotzmann is the 12th player pictured, who's not included in Zim's list, likely due to status as junior

Lest links not work, list is:
      • Greenfield
      • Heins
      • Jankes
      • Lofton
      • McCormick
      • Norblade
      • Sanders
      • Shafer
      • Winkelman
      • Wolf
      It seems like to me… Every year we start thinking what are we going to do now losing such and such players??? And usually it seems to work out!

But, if we don’t have our two main TE’s next year that is a huge loss! And losing the Jankes is really a huge loss also! The Jankes so far have 85 receptions… The other WR’s who have caught at least one pass including Bauer, Feldkamp, Cole and Coons have a total of 18 receptions this year! Who’s going to take the place of the Jankes??

Maybe the coaches and the younger players are licking their chops at their chances of some to come forward whether TE or WR positions!!! But these are very skilled positions so I don’t know who’s going to fill them!

Maybe next year will really focus on the running game with Davis, the two Johnson’s and even Buri!! What TE’s and WR’s will help block for them? I’m actually excited about Angel Johnson… I think he could develop into one hell of a player given more experience…especially breaking long runs into TD’s!! But hey… All the running backs should even be better next year

Comment

We lose a few all american o-linemen as well don't we?
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          We lose a few all american o-linemen as well don't we?
          In addition to McCormick & Greenfield?

Comment

Jacks FB posted this, which echoes Zim's tweet. Drotzmann is the 12th player pictured, who's not included in Zim's list, likely due to status as junior

Lest links not work, list is:
            • Greenfield
            • Heins
            • Jankes
            • Lofton
            • McCormick
            • Norblade
            • Sanders
            • Shafer
            • Winkelman
            • Wolf
            In the other Illinois State thread, Westside Rabbit said that Lofton, Sanders, Winkelman and Wolf have used up their eligibility and Shafer and Norblade are done due to their injury history. He was told that some of the others could possibly return, but were going through Senior Day in case they decide not to come back. Guessing it could depend on what kind of report they get on their pro prospects, and how far they advance in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

In the other Illinois State thread, Westside Rabbit said that Lofton, Sanders, Winkelman and Wolf have used up their eligibility and Shafer and Norblade are done due to their injury history. He was told that some of the others could possibly return, but were going through Senior Day in case they decide not to come back. Guessing it could depend on what kind of report they get on their pro prospects, and how far they advance in the playoffs.

Yes, I recall that. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

Zim's most recent article reiterates that Greenfield, Heins, Jankes, McCormick, and Reeder could return next season.

Comment

Can they do a pro day and then come back or do they have to forfeit their eligibility to get their measurements done? Anything about hiring an agent?
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Zim's most recent article reiterates that Greenfield, Heins, Jankes, McCormick, and Reeder could return next season.
                    It would be great to get those six studs back for another season.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Did Reeder get recognized on Saturday ? I got to my seat at the end of the ceremony and didn't see all who were mentioned. He's only a junior and wasn't pictured in Stig's tweet. Not sure if Zimmer got that wrong, or if he knows something that we don't.

Comment

Did Reeder get recognized on Saturday ? I got to my seat at the end of the ceremony and didn't see all who were mentioned. He's only a junior and wasn't pictured in Stig's tweet. Not sure if Zimmer got that wrong, or if he knows something that we don't.
                        Guessing it was a matter of him or the editor mistaking Norblade for Reeder either in the tweeted image or during the ceremony (the numbers are close enough I suppose, and they both play safety)

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          When does the Gronowski is holding the team back conversation start?
                          This is Mark's 2nd year after sitting on the sidlines last year. I think that the expectations are a little high. I recall our all-time QB Struggle at times, he was even benched at USD once. I think Mark is getting better every game( minus UNI which i heard he hardly practiced due to an injury).
                          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Rogers, Koenig, Domino, Batten, Zenner, Weineke, Goedert, Minnet, Gardner, Davis, Christian, Strong Jr, Rozeboom, Langer, cade Johnson, Berry, Sumner All great players...all players we've replaced. Every year I used to fret over and over this is it.....every year these players leave it in capable hands of their replacements. The coaches have more than earned my trust in their recruiting process and it shows in our depth. They know what they are doing.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              ...and a blocked punt by the Redbirds for a TD. Not great.
                              Why is it so hard for us to figure out how to block on punts. This is going to end up costing us.

Comment

I think the missed block on the blocked punt was addressed and corrected pretty quickly.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X