GDT: Illinois State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I guess now works. If he would have thrown that one Janke bomb 4 yards shorter at Iowa the team would have been 11-0 instead of 10-1. He's garbage!

Congrats to the Jacks on a historic regular season. Undefeated FCS and no infamous "letdown game"! Very impressive. Three weeks to heal up and get ready for Part 2....
    I wonder who the critics would rather have at QB. I'll admit to scratching my head at some of the decisions (e.g., holding the ball for what I think is too long & the grounding penalties last week, but I can't see a valid reason to say Gronowski is holding the Jacks back any more than any other QB.

I do think a competition between Gronowski and Mason next season could be very interesting, but for now I'm generally appreciative of Gronowski's abilities.

Side note -- Zeke Vandenburgh is gone after this season right?

I know he's a senior, but I wondered if he'd be taking advantage of Covid year. I'd rather not have him around when Jacks face Redbirds on road to start Oct. 2023

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      Historic season so far. Enjoy every second of it. 3 weeks of rest and preparation. As fans we need to start gathering groups and getting friends to the stadium in 3 weeks. This is our time. GBGBGJ
      Definitely ample time to drum up interest. I know multiple folks who sit by us were asking if we'd be there in Dec.

Just hoping to avoid a Fri. evening game, as I think that'd reduce attendance further, unless Athletics can really prime the pump among Brookings residents. For example, maybe a discount ticket package for WBB on 12/3 and MBB on 12/10 with playoff ticket proof of purchase

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Today if the Jacks didn't have bad luck they wouldn't have any at all.
        That pick by Gales on the deflection by Beanum wasn't necessarily "lucky," but it was definitely fortuitous athleticism

Comment

It was impressive how the Jacks didn't let a disasterous blocked punt near the start of the game bother them much and went on to crush Illinois State. Congrats to the Missouri Valley champs! What a great conference season. Enjoy the break. I'm looking forward to the playoffs.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            When does the Gronowski is holding the team back conversation start?
            You mean the only QB in sdsu history to lead sdsu to fcs championship game and to #1 team in country winning mvfc title along the way this year? The INT was a bad play but outside of that. What would you want to aee in rhis game. Frankly the Oline if you want to grt on anyone would be the group.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Im not sure why people wont say the obvious.....its because we wore blue pants at home. When we wear all blues at home we always struggle. Look it up the last 10 years or so. Facts dont lie.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Im not sure why people wont say the obvious.....its because we wore blue pants at home. When we wear all blues at home we always struggle. Look it up the last 10 years or so. Facts dont lie.
                Trying to force the white helmets.

Comment

Gronowski is a winner! The Jacks are fortunate to have him. And hopefully we'll have him for two more seasons.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

That pick by Gales on the deflection by Beanum wasn't necessarily "lucky," but it was definitely fortuitous athleticism
                    Well, you'll note that the luck (if it was that) actually turned right after I made that post.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' ...
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Holding the opposing team to 100 yards total offense is the kind of struggle I can appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Jacks have to have worst special teams in the league. Blocked punt and muffled punt in the same game
                        Trying to catch a punt above your head is never a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Holding the opposing team to 100 yards total offense is the kind of struggle I can appreciate.
                          Great point. A struggle I can't appreciate is the PA playing music multiple times when the Jacks are on offense, up until the point center's over the ball

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Trying to catch a punt above your head is never a good idea.
                            I wondered what the heck happened there. View wasn't the best from the east side; any chance the wind affected path of punt?

It looked like Jadon silghtly overran it.

Comment

Underrated play -- Stalbird's PBU while score was still 13-7. That prevented what could've been a 1st down in Jacks territory.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I wondered what the heck happened there. View wasn't the best from the east side; any chance the wind affected path of punt?

It looked like Jadon silghtly overran it.
                                i am trying to remember. was that after he dropped / failed to catch the second 50ish yard pass? i am thinking it was. maybe a player who is pretty dang aggressive anyway, trying a little too hard to make a play in a situation that seemed kind of ripe for a big play and also after he was maybe a little upset with himself for not making the most of an earlier opportunity

IDK maybe i am not even remembering the timing correctly

but either way he has ALWAYS been aggressive. i am willing to give him a couple mistakes a year because i dont want him to start wondering about when and if he should try to make a play, OBVIOUSLY there are times you dont, but i dont think the idea was wrong in this scenario. tried a little too hard and maybe the wind or something assisted with an error in reading the trajectory for trying to make a catch also trying to get a head start on putting his foot on the gas

as long as he does not turn it into a habit obviously we can live with this one

Comment

Working...
                                X