GDT: South Dakota (10/8/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    USD beat a good SIU team yesterday. As difficult as it may be to acknowledge for some Jacks fans, a little resurgence by USD played a big part in SDSU taking sole possession of the league’s top spot. It’s our job to hold it but that win in Vermillion was important.
    I was hoping they'd win for that reason. Now the question becomes who is the preferred victor in their games against Bears and Hawks in early Nov.?

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      It was good to see SIU taking a loss. It does help State. Watching Camp play at SDSU and a bit on broadcast it looked like he was a bit shell shocked from hurries and hits. The USD line is not their strength. Bouman was only sacked once yesterday. If the line can protect him a bit, they may win a few yet this season.
      Now we need SIU to be pissed off about losing and take the wind out of UNI's sails next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        USD beat a good SIU team yesterday. As difficult as it may be to acknowledge for some Jacks fans, a little resurgence by USD played a big part in SDSU taking sole possession of the league’s top spot. It’s our job to hold it but that win in Vermillion was important.
        well i can see the point you are going for

and ultimately it is probably a bit of there can be both good and bad in every event or circumstance

but my thought was that usd really is past being able to have a good season and, therefore, them beating the salukis makes the league look weaker and probably stops the league from having 3 of the top 8 seeds.

as far as the league championship, as long as we take care of our own business we are going to be league champs i am not sure co champs or sole champs is EVER something that gets remembered when you look at banners and stuff down the road

anyway, in my way of thinking it would probably have been better if salukis remain unbeaten in conference until they play ndsu. my guess has ALWAYS been, they lose to ndsu and ndsu beating one loss SIU makes our win over ndsu look better. would also give our conference 1 team undefeated in conference with 1 total losses, and 2 teams with 1 loss in conference and 2 total losses. in that scenario, i believe all 3 teams are in top 8 and all get seeds

but again good and bad in everything. the jacks are now in first by themselves))

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          It was good to see SIU taking a loss. It does help State. Watching Camp play at SDSU and a bit on broadcast it looked like he was a bit shell shocked from hurries and hits. The USD line is not their strength. Bouman was only sacked once yesterday. If the line can protect him a bit, they may win a few yet this season.
          maybe i am wrong, OBVIOUSLY i have some bias toward the jacks, but i think they jacks have played a not meaningless role in making two teams weaker for games after playing the jacks

i VERY MUCH feel like the jacks played a very big role in ruining the season for Mo St. i really think that is a team full of transfers. and when things were going well they had confidence and swagger. BUT after the tough come from ahead to lose to arkansas FOLLOWED BY THE almost total domination by the jacks and those transfers have lost cohesion and become a collection of talented but directionless INDIVIDUALS

and i think after the way the jacks PUMMELED usd qb camp, he is still hearing footsteps in his head

again maybe i am wrong or just being stupid, but i coached long enough that i know that IT DOES HAPPEN. sometimes you have games that our not easy to recover from. of course i think teams with mental strength and good leadership- coaches AND PLAYERS, are able to overcome tough circumstances and tough losses!! but i DO NOT think anyone would be stupid to argue that both Mo St and usd have somewhat questionable leadership and mental toughness

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

maybe i am wrong, OBVIOUSLY i have some bias toward the jacks, but i think they jacks have played a not meaningless role in making two teams weaker for games after playing the jacks

i VERY MUCH feel like the jacks played a very big role in ruining the season for Mo St. i really think that is a team full of transfers. and when things were going well they had confidence and swagger. BUT after the tough come from ahead to lose to arkansas FOLLOWED BY THE almost total domination by the jacks and those transfers have lost cohesion and become a collection of talented but directionless INDIVIDUALS

and i think after the way the jacks PUMMELED usd qb camp, he is still hearing footsteps in his head

again maybe i am wrong or just being stupid, but i coached long enough that i know that IT DOES HAPPEN. sometimes you have games that our not easy to recover from. of course i think teams with mental strength and good leadership- coaches AND PLAYERS, are able to overcome tough circumstances and tough losses!! but i DO NOT think anyone would be stupid to argue that both Mo St and usd have somewhat questionable leadership and mental toughness
            There were rumblings that Bouman could oust Camp shortly after his transfer there, so maybe it was a combination of Camp thinking some bunny's watching him and hearing Bouman's footsteps.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

There were rumblings that Bouman could oust Camp shortly after his transfer there, so maybe it was a combination of Camp thinking some bunny's watching him and hearing Bouman's footsteps.
              very clever)))

makes me SAD to see a Bouman at verm

Bouman's were a total jacks family. at one time all 3 brothers were at sdsu and Shane and Troy were multi year starters at QB and point guard, respectively. Troy was a part of at least 2 regional final teams, the second won and went to a Final 8

unfortunately the relationship between family and school soured when Shane lost his job as head softball coach(( good people though and i wish the family the best, despite the unfortunate school choice of the son/ grandson

sidenote, during Troy's prop 48 year, Shane and Troy combined to deprive me of an intramural hoops championship. lost to them and a team full of FB players in the championship. i had two of the Tiefentahler brothers from the Armour Packers dynasty on my team. we lost in the championship 2 years in a row.

if anyone else has any good or fun intramural stories/ memories that might be an interesting new thread/ conversation

Comment

Wonder if those down south still think Camp is better than Gronowski?

Comment

Coyote Bob's seat may be getting hot. UNI absolutely shelling the Yotes 42-0 midway through the second quarter.

Comment

If I had to guess bob doesn’t have a seat and that is part of why they look as bad as they do today.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                      If I had to guess bob doesn’t have a seat and that is part of why they look as bad as they do today.
                      This made me think of an old Dana Carvey Show skit about the "seat-less" Wizard of Oz character who was lost on the cutting room floor; ironically, the character was also fond of wearing a tie

Comment

YOTES EXTEND BOB! Hahahahahhahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a great day to be a Jackrabbit!!!!

Comment

USD not only keeping Bob but extending him is ridiculous. Moves like this and allowing Murray State to be in the MVFC has me wondering if sticking in FCS is actually the right move.

Comment

Is that pretty much an admission by Herbster that he doesn't think he would be able to get anyone better to come to Vermillion ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Is that pretty much an admission by Herbster that he doesn't think he would be able to get anyone better to come to Vermillion ?
                                Maybe affording another coach after hiring MBB coach, WBB coach, and considering fairly recent facilities construction/renovation, not to mention potential player losses, has him thinking a couple more years might be best interim option.

What would be ironic is if Herbster bolts before Nielson's new contract ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X