GDT: Western Illinois (10/1/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    According to the game program: The late Maynard Klingbell, a Sully County farmer, left SDSU 2.683 acres of land that was sold for $17 million. Every fall, 16 students in agronomy and precision ag-related majors will get renewable, $10,000 scholarships. ... A great gift from a man who didn't even attend SDSU.
    This is amazing. What a humble gift. No building, no statue, etc. Tremendous generosity.

Comment

According to the game program: The late Maynard Klingbell, a Sully County farmer, left SDSU 2.683 acres of land that was sold for $17 million. Every fall, 16 students in agronomy and precision ag-related majors will get renewable, $10,000 scholarships. ... A great gift from a man who didn't even attend SDSU.
      2 acres for 17 million? That land must include the fountain of youth or something

Comment

Apparently the poster substituted a period for a comma, darn spell check I bet

Comment

Operator error. Punctuation mistake. 2,683 acres.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

That was the group that went onto the field for the scholarship presentation. I can't remember his name, but he sold some land and donated $17 million for ag scholarships I believe.
            The group I saw wasn't just students. Did the group you're referring to include family/parents of the Klingbeil scholarship recipients?

Comment

Not only that -- he donated an unspecified amount to the Crazy Horse Memorial as well. The SDSU Foundation has this page, if anyone would like to learn more about Maynard Klingbeil.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

The group I saw wasn't just students. Did the group you're referring to include family/parents of the Klingbeil scholarship recipients?
                Yea, a friend asked one of the students as he walked by. He said they were headed out to the field for a presentation. It was a large group with recipients and parents and maybe some others?
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

Yea, a friend asked one of the students as he walked by. He said they were headed out to the field for a presentation. It was a large group with recipients and parents and maybe some others?
                  Ok, thanks for the clarification. They got some great seats.

Hopefully they return next week for a Precision Ag-sponsored Anti-'Yote Embargo

Comment

Working...
                  X