• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Western Illinois (10/1/22)

#ChuckThePigskin

#StuffThePigskin

#RodneyHarrisonIsNotWalkingThroughThatDoor
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Can Davis have 100 yards by halftime? Can Bock have 10 tackles in first half? Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Can Davis have 100 yards by halftime? Can Bock have 10 tackles in first half? Go Jacks!!
      I'd like to see Davis get a couple TDs in the 1st half. Believe he hasn't had a TD all year, which is really odd.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

...and Nothing but Isaiah Davis runs until he's in the endzone. 7-0 Jacks.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Mark just looks off throwing the ball today. Offense is uninspired

Comment

I was kinda confused why we seemed to be pulling out a lot of trickery against these guys. Puts it on tape I guess but could have been some stuff that would have been nice to have in the back pocket heading into the next two weeks.

Comment

Thankfully western is sloppy. We didnt look very good and had hard times get stops till western shot themselves in the foot. I was hoping for a cleaner effort on offense.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Pretty lackluster game. We dominated the stats and ToP, but the score was a lot closer than it should have been. Hopefully we play a lot cleaner football next week, otherwise USD could very well come in and beat the team we had on the field today.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

The Jackrabbits took care of business against a rebuilding WIU. It wasn't always pretty but the Jacks earned the result. Here are the rants & raves. #GoJacks
                  https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ves-wiu-3.html
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    The Jackrabbits took care of business against a rebuilding WIU. It wasn't always pretty but the Jacks earned the result. Here are the rants & raves. #GoJacks
                    https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ves-wiu-3.html
                    Regarding the concession/chislic lines, I'd be curious if folks flocking to the latter is due to lack of variety at the former (at least on the east side). For instance, they used to offer burgers and chicken tenders on the east side, but they haven't been this season, so maybe folks are opting for chislic.

Speaking of the east side, there were at least a hundred folks leaving upper rows of Sections 120-121 early in the game (after a UPD officer had gone into that section). Does anyone know what the story was there?
                    Last edited by jakejc795; 10-02-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Mark just looks off throwing the ball today. Offense is uninspired
                      Wind likely impacted some of the throws, and it seemed likely that the one deep incompletion to Janke was due to Jadon looking into the sun

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Wind likely impacted some of the throws, and it seemed likely that the one deep incompletion to Janke was due to Jadon looking into the sun
                        I̢۪d have to agree, seeing what the wind did to some of those kickoffs. Some short throws were just off though, and a few should/could have been caught.

We definitely didn’t look sharp, but that’s not entirely surprising considering the schedule. We were not alone, just take a look at the two teams ahead of us in the rankings. NDSU, famous for second half domination, managed only 6 second half points in a 13 point win against YSU (at home). Montana only beat 0-4 Idaho St by 8 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I̢۪d have to agree, seeing what the wind did to some of those kickoffs. Some short throws were just off though, and a few should/could have been caught.

We definitely didn’t look sharp, but that’s not entirely surprising considering the schedule. We were not alone, just take a look at the two teams ahead of us in the rankings. NDSU, famous for second half domination, managed only 6 second half points in a 13 point win against YSU (at home). Montana only beat 0-4 Idaho St by 8 points.
                          I think this Sat. will be epic.

Jacks need to stay disciplined (because I'm sure there's some angst about how last couple games against 'Yotes have ended), and I hope to have at least a six seat buffer between me and any 'Yotely spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Regarding the concession/chislic lines, I'd be curious if folks flocking to the latter is due to lack of variety at the former (at least on the east side). For instance, they used to offer burgers and chicken tenders on the east side, but they haven't been this season, so maybe folks are opting for chislic.

Speaking of the east side, there were at least a hundred folks leaving upper rows of Sections 120-121 early in the game (after a UPD officer had gone into that section). Does anyone know what the story was there?
                            That was the group that went onto the field for the scholarship presentation. I can't remember his name, but he sold some land and donated $17 million for ag scholarships I believe.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

According to the game program: The late Maynard Klingbell, a Sully County farmer, left SDSU 2.683 acres of land that was sold for $17 million. Every fall, 16 students in agronomy and precision ag-related majors will get renewable, $10,000 scholarships. ... A great gift from a man who didn't even attend SDSU.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X