Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salemjack
    replied
    Fresh blood may be a good thing for this program. Wasn’t a huge Bergstrom fan anyways. I just hope we done lose Coach Smith for the DLINE. He seems really good. We will be fine as a program. Rogers to full time DC. Lujan to Passing Game Coordinator and bring in some fresh blood at OC.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied
    Bergstrom named HC at Winona State

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It's been 12 days since Eck moved on. Is not promoting someone already on staff simply because of this happening over the holidays, or are they looking to see who outside of the program might be interested ?
    12 days isn't very long, especially during the holiday season. I hope Stig takes some time and makes a good decision for the longer term. There's a lot of coaching talent floating around this time of year, and hiring good assistants has proven to be one of Stig's strengths.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

Which makes me wonder if internally they already knew who the new OC will be?
    Raises a number of questions about what happened/is going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied
    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Being reported Schleusner to Idaho.
    https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...772852231?s=21
    Which makes me wonder if internally they already knew who the new OC will be?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    http://www.twitter.com/BruceFeldmanC...36295772852231

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Being reported Schleusner to Idaho.
    https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...772852231?s=21

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It's been 12 days since Eck moved on. Is not promoting someone already on staff simply because of this happening over the holidays, or are they looking to see who outside of the program might be interested ?
    ....Or it is required that the position must be advertised.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied
    Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Oh you are 100% right. There are so many schools in or near Chicago that it makes sense form that standpoint. Its just bizarre that with all the connections we have to Wisconsin we can't get a "Hey, you should check out this kid..." type of deal and find a hidden gem. I'm also not saying they're not trying but it is just feels surprising.
    Haven’t we also had representation at the Chicagoland football showcase which could also open up the radar on Chicago area players?

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

I have no clue how recruiting works in the big picture. It could be something like it is not fiscally responsible to invest much time and money to recruit WI? Maybe it is better to fly to Chicago and visit 10 schools/recruits in a day or two than drive to WI and visit 5 schools/recruits in a day or two? I have no idea other than I am sure there is more that goes into it than any of us know.
    Oh you are 100% right. There are so many schools in or near Chicago that it makes sense form that standpoint. Its just bizarre that with all the connections we have to Wisconsin we can't get a "Hey, you should check out this kid..." type of deal and find a hidden gem. I'm also not saying they're not trying but it is just feels surprising.

Leave a comment:

• discoDancinRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Recruiting areas for coaches can be found on coaching staff list:
    https://gojacks.com/sports/football/coaches
    I didn't know Lujan had Nebraska. Almost should put Rodgers there. Omaha/Lincoln are another place that SDSU should excel.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied
    Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Spencer Erickson (From Wisconsin and student coach at Oshkosh), Rob Erickson (Coached at Whitewater and played at Platteville), and Ryan Olson (from Wisconsin and played at Whitewater) also have ties to Wisconsin. We should be better at recruiting there.
    I have no clue how recruiting works in the big picture. It could be something like it is not fiscally responsible to invest much time and money to recruit WI? Maybe it is better to fly to Chicago and visit 10 schools/recruits in a day or two than drive to WI and visit 5 schools/recruits in a day or two? I have no idea other than I am sure there is more that goes into it than any of us know.

Leave a comment:

• discoDancinRabbit
    replied
    Are any of those guys comfortable recruiting high end FCS/G5 talent?

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post

You know I have always been less than impressed with the number of kids from Wisconsin especially with the ties to the state from from Eck. NDSU does an excellent job here (l live in WI). We have done much better in Illinois. I think Wisconsin is untapped potential for us. Specifically in the southern part of the state (easy access to Brookings along the interstate.) It is only Wisconsin, there are no FCS, let a long any D2 schools. It would seem to me that we would do better in Wisconsin rather than Illinois with a state that has 4 other FCS schools, and 3 FBS.
    Spencer Erickson (From Wisconsin and student coach at Oshkosh), Rob Erickson (Coached at Whitewater and played at Platteville), and Ryan Olson (from Wisconsin and played at Whitewater) also have ties to Wisconsin. We should be better at recruiting there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X