Coaching Staff Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    Why did the strength and conditioning coach leave SDSU football and get out of football? Money has to be the answer. This coach is far more important to player development than people realize so it’s a huge mistake by J Sell to not find some money to pay coach Moe.
    This assumes Moe wanted to stay but for the salary he was being paid and/or the revised salary offered. Nevertheless, I agree that strength & conditioning is of utmost importance, and I hope Moe's replacement continues contributions to FB dominance

Comment

• Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      Why did the strength and conditioning coach leave SDSU football and get out of football? Money has to be the answer. This coach is far more important to player development than people realize so it’s a huge mistake by J Sell to not find some money to pay coach Moe.
      It was time for Coach Moe to go. From alumni, he hasn’t kept pace with new techniques and practices in S&C. He has relied on the tried and true principles (good and bad, I suppose). It sounds like it was time for a new voice but grateful for the impact Moe made on the program!
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

• It seems pretty clear that Lujan is a rising star in the coaching and recruiting ranks. I'm glad he's still a Jackrabbit.
        This space for lease.

Comment

• Not directly related to our current team, but it looks like Dan Jackson is joining another former Jacks coach Clark Lea's staff at Vandy... https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...ueZTvsaGPD4sRQ

Comment

• Trying to build his resume for when UNO brings back their football program.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              Not directly related to our current team, but it looks like Dan Jackson is joining another former Jacks coach Clark Lea's staff at Vandy... https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...ueZTvsaGPD4sRQ
              Would they have any overlapping time at SDSU? Lea was at SDSU in 2007-2008. Jackson did have a stint at SDSU as I believe a player/coach/GA? sometime in the 2000s? Every coaching hire is somehow connected, I'm just curious what their connection is. If there was an SDSU overlap? If Lea and Stig still keep in touch and Stig recommended him? If Jackson has a connection to another person on the Vandy staff and the SDSU connection is more just ironic?

Comment

• Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

Would they have any overlapping time at SDSU? Lea was at SDSU in 2007-2008. Jackson did have a stint at SDSU as I believe a player/coach/GA? sometime in the 2000s? Every coaching hire is somehow connected, I'm just curious what their connection is. If there was an SDSU overlap? If Lea and Stig still keep in touch and Stig recommended him? If Jackson has a connection to another person on the Vandy staff and the SDSU connection is more just ironic?
                I'm assuming Lea and Stig still have a very strong relationship, Stig was actually the primary interview for a big article on Lea a few years ago after he had the Notre Dame defense really humming. Lea even named dropped Stig, along with many other coaches in is introductory press conference at Vandy.

Here is the article I think i remembered, it appears that Stig and Lea think very highly of each other... https://www.ndinsider.com/story/spor...dame/45838745/

Comment

Jackson arrived in Brookings in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jackson arrived in Brookings in 2012.
                    I believe that was for Jackson's second stint in Brookings. He was a part of the program in some form (player? student-coach? GA?) in the 2000's sometime.

Comment

I believe that was for Jackson's second stint in Brookings. He was a part of the program in some form (player? student-coach? GA?) in the 2000's sometime.
                      2003-2005

Comment

Working...
                      X