Quarterfinals, Villanova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterfinals, Villanova

WSR said it best in his Rants and Raves…winning in the playoffs is difficult.

The guys won and now it’s on to Nova. I do t think we will see the Wildcat team that almost lost to Holy Cross. I also think if the Hogs do their thing and the 2 headed monster at RB gets their touches we can win by double digits.

Rain in the forecast and I think that favors us.

I just hope the travel doesn’t wear us out. Especially adding finals into the mix, it must be a hectic mess of a time for our guys.

Comment

I think we matchup way better to Nova than we do to the styles of the Big sky teams we have played. We have a good track record on being tough on the run. When I watched the Holy cross game they did not impress me much they had a couple of big plays that set them up for at least to TD and after that it was can they stop Holy Crosses QB. I think this won goes our way a little smoother 31-14 Jacks
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

This is the only fan board for Villanova that I was able to find and not much activity. https://247sports.com/college/villan...otball-105013/

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          This is the only fan board for Villanova that I was able to find and not much activity. https://247sports.com/college/villan...otball-105013/
          I was curious if others might be able to find a more active forum for them. That was one of the only boards I could find too

Comment

I'm along the same lines with game as I was with the last game, 1 (or less) TO's and not a lot of costly penalties and we win. I might add that we run the ball at a 65-35 (at least) clip.
            They have the bye, home field and a lot less "wear and tear" over the last year, but we still should be able to pull this out.

It just sucks that they have this game, a home WBB game and an away MBB game all at the same time.

I wish their fan board had more action because I like reading what other teams fans think but this board isn't overly active either so I can't complain too much. I know all teams have their "homers" but some fans are fairly knowledgeable where ever you go.

Comment

They are good enough to win, like beating JMU, but I feel like our conference does a better job for us to prepare for tough hard games better at this part of the season. If we run and run and run and get Kraft going, that opens up the twins to get better coverage situations. hopefully the coaches have a better plan to keep this team rolling after last half at sac st.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Classic trap game. Watched the HC game and JM games. (0-4 FG against JM was the ball game)...all inside 40 yds)Absolutely nothing special (neither was Northern Iowa) They actually remind me of Northern Iowa. I'm no professional scout, however it is safe to say we are better at nearly every position. I am going to go out on a limb and give a bold game plan....run left, run right, middle run and remember that there are 4 quarters. 7 points seems like a low number. 13 seems more realastic to me (although burrying teams has not gone well). Either way, No turnovers, limit penalties, let the 605 hogs eat. Same recipe everyone else has.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I'm along the same lines with game as I was with the last game, 1 (or less) TO's and not a lot of costly penalties and we win. I might add that we run the ball at a 65-35 (at least) clip.
                  They have the bye, home field and a lot less "wear and tear" over the last year, but we still should be able to pull this out.

It just sucks that they have this game, a home WBB game and an away MBB game all at the same time.

I wish their fan board had more action because I like reading what other teams fans think but this board isn't overly active either so I can't complain too much. I know all teams have their "homers" but some fans are fairly knowledgeable where ever you go.
                  Well, it IS Villanova, so (smack mode) they're probably going "huh, we have a football team? Wow! Who knew? Gee, I hope the Cats aren't looking past Syracuse in MSG to the game on Sunday at #2 ranked Baylor! That's gonna show us what this team is!" right now. (end smack mode)
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I remember in 2016 thinking we were going to roll all over them in Brookings and they made that game ugly and nearly won it. On the flip side, they run a similar defensive scheme to Delaware (who beat them this spring) and we trounced them in the semi’s. Maybe it was just the camera angle, but both Nova and HC looked incredibly slow on Friday night. I also thought their offense was Weber State levels of putrid, but HC has a good D, so who knows. I feel like Sac State was the tougher match up for us given their offensive style. I’m thinking Jacks 24-14. If we lay an egg though, it’ll be Nova 21-17.

Comment

For what it's worth, here is the total scoring by quarter for the Jacks this year: First - 114; Second-181; Third - 103; Fourth - 86.

Comment

Wife and I are driving up from Nothern Virginia for the game. Are all the seats on the Jacks side of the field General Admission?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          I remember in 2016 thinking we were going to roll all over them in Brookings and they made that game ugly and nearly won it. On the flip side, they run a similar defensive scheme to Delaware (who beat them this spring) and we trounced them in the semi’s. Maybe it was just the camera angle, but both Nova and HC looked incredibly slow on Friday night. I also thought their offense was Weber State levels of putrid, but HC has a good D, so who knows. I feel like Sac State was the tougher match up for us given their offensive style. I’m thinking Jacks 24-14. If we lay an egg though, it’ll be Nova 21-17.
                          I was hoping I was the only one who remembered the ugly 10-7 game from 2016. (It was also on that day when I started hating the Black uniforms). Either way, you are spot on with the Sac State matchup and HC and Nova looking slow. The only difference is I am taking the over all day.

Comment

Originally posted by roemmelt View Post
                            Wife and I are driving up from Nothern Virginia for the game. Are all the seats on the Jacks side of the field General Admission?
                            All tickets are GA. I am just curious if the NOva fans are as insane as the Eagles fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post

I was hoping I was the only one who remembered the ugly 10-7 game from 2016. (It was also on that day when I started hating the Black uniforms). Either way, you are spot on with the Sac State matchup and HC and Nova looking slow. The only difference is I am taking the over all day.
                              Its those stupid black uniforms.....Anyway, I felt Nova uglied up that game and we played down to their level instead of us playing to our potential. Anybody who can beat JMU is someone you need to take seriously. No over looking them.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X