No announcement yet.

Quarterfinals, Villanova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the teams left by now are either good or they're really good. I'm having trouble visualizing any playoff game as being a trap game, personally.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      All of the teams left by now are either good or they're really good. I'm having trouble visualizing any playoff game as being a trap game, personally.
      ETSU has entered the conversation.

Comment

Current weather forecast is showing 63-64 degrees in Villanova with precipitation increasing from 50% to 78% during the game. Unusually warm weather for this time of year and I expect it to be wet. At least we are playing during the heat of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          Currently in the "good" category, pending the weekend's results.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

USD thought they were good this year so they must be bummed they didnt get invited to the party. There are 4 schools I fee that are good enough to win it left in the field. We are one of them.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Currently in the "good" category, pending the weekend's results.
              They made it this far...so I have to give them that...but I cannot/will not say they are good. Good enough considering the competition they played...but that is about it.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

USD thought they were good this year so they must be bummed they didnt get invited to the party. There are 4 schools I fee that are good enough to win it left in the field. We are one of them.
                I am quite confident USD would mess up ETSU with ease...but stupid regional playoffs make sure that couldn't happen.

Comment

I am quite confident USD would mess up ETSU with ease...but stupid regional playoffs make sure that couldn't happen.
                  Yep nothing like 2 valley teams playing and then the winner has to go play another valley team. Honestly one of the things i enjoy about the playoffs is finally playing teams we typically don't see on our schedule.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When favored by over a TD and a crazy moneyline....you are walking into a trap game. Point still taken, they are a good team. Solid defense, offense is efficient, special teams are very good. However, we still outmatch them at nearly every position. Unfortunately, this conversation has been ruined by people bringing up Black out uniforms and the team down south...I need to go throw up now.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                      Current weather forecast is showing 63-64 degrees in Villanova with precipitation increasing from 50% to 78% during the game. Unusually warm weather for this time of year and I expect it to be wet. At least we are playing during the heat of the day.
                      Might as well have our third lightning delay of the calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post

When favored by over a TD and a crazy moneyline....you are walking into a trap game. Point still taken, they are a good team. Solid defense, offense is efficient, special teams are very good. However, we still outmatch them at nearly every position. Unfortunately, this conversation has been ruined by people bringing up Black out uniforms and the team down south...I need to go throw up now.
                        Not sure its possible to have a trap game when you are playing a higher seeded team at their place.I would be very disappointed in our players and coaching staff if they are looking past Villanova, especially after the way the second half played out in Sacramento.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not sure its possible to have a trap game when you are playing a higher seeded team at their place.I would be very disappointed in our players and coaching staff if they are looking past Villanova, especially after the way the second half played out in Sacramento.
                          There is no way our players or coaches are going to go into this game thinking it will be an easy win because the oddsmakers think we are 7 pt favorites, or whatever the hell it is now. I dont do sports betting so i really dont care who is favored or who is underdog. And i dont believe the players care either.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

There is no way our players or coaches are going to go into this game thinking it will be an easy win because the oddsmakers think we are 7 pt favorites, or whatever the hell it is now. I dont do sports betting so i really dont care who is favored or who is underdog. And i dont believe the players care either.
                            I think there will be plenty of motivation when they look at the relative seeding position of the two teams. Looks like a good situation to play the "no respect" card.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think there will be plenty of motivation when they look at the relative seeding position of the two teams. Looks like a good situation to play the "no respect" card.
                              Maybe the coaches can convince the players of the "no respect" aspect, but I think we earned our positioning in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Maybe the coaches can convince the players of the "no respect" aspect, but I think we earned our positioning in the playoffs.
                                I'm talking emotion, not logic...
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X