Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UC Davis (NCAA FCS Playoffs - First Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sure seemed like a lot more than 3600 today.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster Mn View Post
      If only Isiah Davis was around for the full season
      True - as close as those loses were it’s hard not to picture how things would have worked out. Possessing two backs the caliber of Davis and Strong is probably illegal in many states.

Comment

This team is 2 plays away from being a 1 loss team. We are probably the best team in the field when we play our best. Which we have yet to do this season. We lost a couple we should have won but that doesnt matter now. If this team truly thinks going 1-0 every week they should be pretty pumped for next week.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Another good day to be a jackrabbit. We move on in the playoffs. Women team has a huge win, and usd losses but not surprising. They are going to say they had a great season because of one fluke play against us, yet we will be moving on and they will be going back to another disappointing season.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

On the way out of the stadium, a few minutes early, a gate attendant said, "we'll see you next year." I mentioned it would be nice to have another game at home. Another attendant said we were one second or or one field goal from that. With that there is no way I will complain about going for the 50 yd field goals missed today.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

That's really too bad. Jacks have put a football product on the field the past few years that deserves 20,000 people every week.
              At least the past decade. While I'm not sure selling out every game is feasible, getting 13k for every regular season game and at least 9-10k for playoffs shouldn't be unreasonable.

I mentioned in another thread that I thought Jacks would have multiple turnovers; fans had added bonus of a couple leading to immediate scores.

I'll admit that I "predicted that" somewhat selfishly because there are few plays as "electric" to experience in person. Plus, attendees got to witness PSJ and Davis' excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Great Oladokun run on that 3rd and 19 play. Jacks really in control now. And the Jacks will be favored against Sac State too.
                That run by Oladokun might be most underappreciated play of the game. If he doesn't convert there, Jacks might've been forced to attempt another FG

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  On the way out of the stadium, a few minutes early, a gate attendant said, "we'll see you next year." I mentioned it would be nice to have another game at home. Another attendant said we were one second or or one field goal from that. With that there is no way I will complain about going for the 50 yd field goals missed today.
                  I wonder if Jacks could've had another home game if Sacred Heart had defeated Holy Cross and somehow upset 'Nova and the Jacks went on to defeat the Herky Insects?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

True - as close as those loses were it’s hard not to picture how things would have worked out. Possessing two backs the caliber of Davis and Strong is probably illegal in many states.
                    Ironic that Jacks and 'Yotes might have the best stable of RBs in conference

Comment

Play of the game : Isaiah Davis straight-arming their DB all the way to the ground on his long run.

Comment

For play of the game, I'd nominate the hit Backhaus put on the UC Davis QB. The impact forced the ball to sail into the arms of Bock, who ran it into the end zone.
                        For player of the game, take your pick: Strong, Davis or Beanum, who intercepted three passes. Oladokun played very well, too.
                        Other than the kicking game, the Jacks were very sharp. Great win!
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I wonder if Jacks could've had another home game if Sacred Heart had defeated Holy Cross and somehow upset 'Nova and the Jacks went on to defeat the Herky Insects?
                          Not sure why the administration would want another home game as its money losing venture when you have less that 4,000 show up.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Not sure why the administration would want another home game as its money losing venture when you have less that 4,000 show up.
                            That assumes the university is independently bankrolling the bid. However, private donors (whose money could've been committed concurrently with the bids) could help recoup "losses"

Comment

A note on the kicking from my angle (in the student section) all of the kicks looked on line to make even with wind. Then they all took a full turn to the East. The punt was especially apparent. It looked to be going left then hit that same elevation and just turned to the right out of bounds. It was a hard place to kick

Comment

Originally posted by FrontRowObserver View Post
                                A note on the kicking from my angle (in the student section) all of the kicks looked on line to make even with wind. Then they all took a full turn to the East. The punt was especially apparent. It looked to be going left then hit that same elevation and just turned to the right out of bounds. It was a hard place to kick
                                I can say the kick going north to the dykhouse was online from the camera angle on tv, then the wind caught it and pushed it right/east pretty severely.

I missed the first afirstt watching on tv, but the 2nd 50 yarder only missed a little and was online. Just drifted to the east again.

Comment

Working...
                                X