GDT: North Dakota State (Dakota Marker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    Marker is home where it belongs. Those were two very good teams on the field today. State was more than competent early, and the defense kept the hairy cows on a slow pace. SDSU play calling was creative. NDSU was uncharacteristically poor in execution with several false start/delay of game/offsides penalties. Fun game to watch with a great crowd in the stands. A bit of a nail biter at the end as would be expected with these two teams. Also, kudos to the flyover pilots, perfect timing.
    Yes, it most definitely was. Awesome that pilots were Jacks alums again too.

Comment

More excellent JI content.

The "buffalo 'sauced'" Bison fan next to me was bellerin' about the lack of a videoboard on north end of field, but I'd have to rant about the speakers on the south side "board."

I'd have hoped the audio issues would've been addressed by now, but alas.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        ...I had to sit next to three drunk Bison fans instead of having Shania Twain, Keri Russell, and Diane Lane to my left....
        I'm not sure what to make of the above comment from ;jakejc...did three drunk Bison cause him to think about Shania Twain (56 years old); Keri Russell (45) and Diana Lane (also 56)? Hmmm. Or, were the innebriated Bison just so awful jakejc's mind had to save him by switching mental images to Twain, Russell and Lane? I guess I won't try to figure it out but I'd like to nominate jackjc's comment for "Best Partial Post of the Week".

The Bison coaches need to take a refresher course on clock management. NDSU's time management in the fourth quarter was the worst I've seen. They were doing such a great job running down the clock that one would think the Bison coaches had left the field and a couple of SDSU grad assistants stepped in to lend a hand. In past years, you could count on excellent clock management by NDSU. But in yesterday's game, the Bison played the final few minutes like they were ahead by a couple scores and were refusing to give the ball up.
        Last edited by JackJD; 11-07-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I'm not sure what to make of the above comment from ;jakejc...did three drunk Bison cause him to think about Shania Twain (56 years old); Keri Russell (45) and Diana Lane (also 56)? Hmmm. Or, were the innebriated Bison just so awful jakejc's mind had to save him by switching mental images to Twain, Russell and Lane? I guess I won't try to figure it out but I'd like to nominate jackjc's comment for "Best Partial Post of the Week".

The Bison coaches need to take a refresher course on clock management. NDSU's time management in the fourth quarter was the worst I've seen. They were doing such a great job running down the clock that one would think the Bison coaches had left the field and a couple of SDSU grad assistants stepped in to lend a hand. In past years, you could count on excellent clock management by NDSU. But in yesterday's game, the Bison played the final few minutes like they were ahead by a couple scores and were refusing to give the ball up.
          To clarify -- the Bison fans were, as TLC might sing, "unpretty" [and the trio of ladies, at least in my estimation, are attractive (and not that much older than I am)].

Here's an example of the nearest Bison's fan lack of penalty awareness pulchritude -- there were multiple plays (e.g., 11:27 left in 1st quarter) where Volson (their RT) had one arm wrapped around Winkelman's neck, so I yelled "holding; he's got Winkelman by the neck," and the Bison fan responded, "holding happens every play." My initial comment wasn't directed at him, but I did respond to him then indicating that holding in the head/neck area shouldn't be allowed to happen every play.

My pro-Twain/Russell/Lane bias leads to me believe any of those ladies would've recognized a blatant hold (and if they don't/can't, I'd be more than happy to analyze game tape and explain it to them).
          Last edited by jakejc795; 11-07-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

My pro-Twain/Russell/Lane bias leads to me believe any of those ladies would've recognized a blatant hold (and if they don't/can't, I'd be more than happy to analyze game tape and explain it to them).
            Makes sense to me!

Comment

The "targeting" flag, that was picked up, correctly... when the showed it on the board, I yelled...hit his shoulder!

And the big, hefty, Bison fan behind me, yelled at me and said "are you blind! It's clear targeting." And then they showed it again, and he wimpily said..."still lead with his helmet."
              But he was quiet when it got picked up. Also they laughed and thought it was hilarious when they were given the first down on that forward progress call, that they all knew was incorrect.
              And they laughed when Jaden got held for PI and wasn't called...but were apoplectic, when Don got away with the same.

Bisun fans...they are a special breed.

Great win by the Jackrabbits.

Playcalling was great. We went conservative because of time and situation. AND, had 2 deep balls to Jaden that were almost caught. (people forget that stuff). If we went out and took too many chances and got picked off, or have 3 straight incompletes or fumbled a reverse or something... then that would have been wrong too. Enjoy the win!

Comment

I understand conservative to an extent with the playcalling. The issue is super conservative. To only score 3 points in the second half. I don’t think we need to air it out 30-40 yards downfield or risk INTs but it seemed the TEs were forgotten. I could be missing something but I know we controlled basically the whole game but still needed to secure an onside kick with 1:06 remaining to guarantee the win.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  The "targeting" flag, that was picked up, correctly... when the showed it on the board, I yelled...hit his shoulder!

And the big, hefty, Bison fan behind me, yelled at me and said "are you blind! It's clear targeting." And then they showed it again, and he wimpily said..."still lead with his helmet."
                  But he was quiet when it got picked up. Also they laughed and thought it was hilarious when they were given the first down on that forward progress call, that they all knew was incorrect.
                  And they laughed when Jaden got held for PI and wasn't called...but were apoplectic, when Don got away with the same.

Playcalling was great. We went conservative because of time and situation. AND, had 2 deep balls to Jaden that were almost caught. (people forget that stuff). If we went out and took too many chances and got picked off, or have 3 straight incompletes or fumbled a reverse or something... then that would have been wrong too. Enjoy the win!
                  That targeting review was borderline unbelievable. I don't think that play is remotely what was intended by that rule. It's for hits on defenseless players. That wasn't the case there. You could certainly argue the offensive players lead with his head. If the defense can't do it the offense shouldn't either.

Comment

Bock forced that fumble early in the second, and we didn't capitalize on it. TD would of blew it open. Felt like it was going to be somewhat tight after that. Basically the first half went almost perfectly.

Seems like we had alot of the same issues in the second half. Just not being able to consistently run the ball against a good defense. Some short drives. Liked how they involved Rudy and Amar though. Have to give different looks other than Strong even if it's not successful.

Comment

I think it was okay to go conservative like we did in the second half. The Bison did a poor job with time management and they ate the clock, all to our advantage. I think the Bison defense stiffened but then again we didn't have the need to push them around as we did in the first half. I would have preferred one or two additional scores by the 'Rabbits but the refs spent a little time helping the Bison avoid that. In the end, nice win and it sounds like we did it without injuries.

Comment

Rants and Raves for the Marker clash: https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...es-ndsu-2.html
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          Rants and Raves for the Marker clash: https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...es-ndsu-2.html
                          Rave: Perfect timing of the Fighter Jets!
                          Rant: Jackrabbit Club Crowd, is it that hard to make it back to your seats for the start of the second half?
                          Rave: Great to see 95% of the student section stay until the end.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

If you watch the game, Watson stepped out prior to the "PI."

I couldn't see it from the east side stands live, but it was clear on TV

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              ^THIS^

so much this, why does the playcalling from Eck go to pot at certain points. Ridiculous…should’ve scored at least 35-41 points today.
                              I think in the second we where playing more lets not screw this up with a turnover and give the ugly cows good field position and let them burn clock with there long drives.

I really like the evolution of our defense. We still pretty much play our base D, but we adjust to the situation or formation we see. Thumber LB, Speed LB or a Safety. Run Bluggers and Pass rushers on DLine. We defiantly trust our CB more in Man. The one area that I feel needs work is at safety against the deep ball. I am wondering if Manchigiah is not 100% we haven't seen flashes of his playmaking ability this season like we have in the past. I think Norblade being back definitely gave that group a boost this week.
                              Last edited by Gojacks2487; 11-09-2021, 09:37 AM.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                              X