Hobo week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

If you would have told me back in 2005 or whenever UNI was coming off a championship game appearance and had a great team nearly every year and SDSU was beginning a transition period, that SDSU would be 7-10 against UNI over the next 15+ years - I would have never believed it.
    Would you have believed Jacks are 6-14 against Bison (including playoffs)?

Comment

After watching how many games in Coughlin-Alumni, whod've thunk? Since the transition, actually before the transition, the Jackrabbit football team has improved incrementally nearly every year. Continual improvement. It is the hallmark of a strong organization with strong leadership. As fans we are impatient. This fan sees the fruits and a good future.

By the way, who has a better record against the Bison in those 15 years?
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Would you have believed Jacks are 6-14 against Bison (including playoffs)?
        That I probably would have thought to be about right with them entering the transition at the same time, SDSU winning about 1/3 of them. However, I never would have thought that NDSU would become the FCS power within a few years. Looking at that 6-14 record, I actually thought SDSU was a bit better against the Bison since then...

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

By the way, who has a better record against the Bison in those 15 years?
          Since 2005, SDSU is 6-14 against the Bison, with 4 of those losses in the playoffs of course ('12, '14, '16, '18). Hopefully moving the fall '20 season finally breaks that streak when we inevitably meet up again someday. Since NDSU and UNI started playing again in 2008, the Panthers are 4-11, including one playoff loss in 2015. Pretty similar records overall.

Another non-Hobo Day and non-UNI fact stumbled upon here... SDSU and NDSU have met up in football every year since 1946. Without the 3 year hiatus for WW2, that streak would go all the way back to 1919. That is by far the longest running current streak for either school.

Comment

Hobo Day related news, and football/Gronowski I guess... Looks like the Hobo Day Committee again hosted the Bum Fire last night. They reignited the tradition a couple years ago for the first time in decades. Lighters of the SD included SDSU QB Mark Gronowski and Grand Pooba Marie Robbins, leader of the Hobo Day Committee. Nice to see some old traditions come back to life!

Couldn't get pictures to attach... maybe that's a known on the board... but I don't know about it... anyways, hopefully these links work!
            https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cc&oe=6196DED9

Mark Gronowski lighting the SD:
            https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c9&oe=6197836E
            -----------------------------------
            S-D-S-U! It's HOBO DAY!
            S-D-S-U! Get a job!

Comment

UNI was apparently so depleted at DL that they moved safety (Sander) to end against 'Yotes. Sounds like Wells had season-ending injury against Bison, but Boyd might get increased reps against Jacks.

Comment

Zimmer said on his podcast that the Jacks could have multiple starters out Saturday and that Jacks fans should be nervous about the game.

Comment

Who will be missing for the Jacks? We've had so many injuries I am having trouble keeping track of who is out and if anybody ever makes it back onto the field.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I am assuming he is referring to Hicks (not listed on the 2-deep), with the possibility to Tolu, Spalding and Backhaus (who all three missed the WIU game)??

Seems like the offense is healthy other than Davis and Wolf?

Comment

We should always be nervous about this game, regardless of our injury status, that said, we are definitely approaching 2019 levels of injury on this team that could de-rail everything. If there is a spot we can maybe afford to lose people, it’s definitely the D Line. But still, Q and Tolu are such difference makers that we can’t just maintain the same level of play. With our injury situation, it’ll be a small miracle if we can win out. Offense is relatively healthy, but our D is seriously banged up. The next five weeks will be a dog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        We should always be nervous about this game, regardless of our injury status, that said, we are definitely approaching 2019 levels of injury on this team that could de-rail everything. If there is a spot we can maybe afford to lose people, it’s definitely the D Line. But still, Q and Tolu are such difference makers that we can’t just maintain the same level of play. With our injury situation, it’ll be a small miracle if we can win out. Offense is relatively healthy, but our D is seriously banged up. The next five weeks will be a dog fight.
                        Sure, but as I've mentioned, opponents are dealing with their own injury situations.

Jacks win by at least a TD on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Sure, but as I've mentioned, opponents are dealing with their own injury situations.

Jacks win by at least a TD on Sat.
                          Has there been any indication if Isaiah Weston will be available on Saturday ?

Comment

Who are the other injured jacks who are going to be out? Did zim say who?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Has there been any indication if Isaiah Weston will be available on Saturday ?
                              Zimmer mentioned in the Nobody's Listening Anyway podcast that Weston probably wouldn't play (approx. 46:30 mark).

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Did zim say who?
                                Not in the podcast, and I haven't noticed any tweets from him specifying that information either.

Comment

Working...
                                X