Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo week

Happy Hobo week ya bunch of bums!

An always dangerous UNI comes to town fighting for their season and we are fighting to keep as many playoff games at home as possible as well as a much needed bye.

Forecast looks to be perfect fall football weather, high 50s/low 60s.

Hoping the hangover has lifted and it’s back to bunny business and the health of the team starts to turn.

Enjoy the week and let’s hope for 17k+ packing the stadium this Saturday!

Going to be a tough one. One thing you can count on from UNI, is when they play poorly the week before the Jacks game, they will play with a chip on their shoulder.

The Jackrabbits looked much better in the 2nd half last week, but we're going to need to put together a complete game one of these weeks.

Comment

I see Davis was not wearing the shoulder/arm sling at Macomb. He may get close to the 8 week recovery. Has there been information about Backhaus for this week?
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

What is the nature of Backhaus's injury?

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
          What is the nature of Backhaus's injury?
          I don't know this...so maybe I shouldn't speculate. But when he hopped off the field vs S. Illinois... it looked like an ankle?

Comment

Long-time reader... some-what new member... first time poster. Hobo week is finally upon us! The festivities are enjoyable, but the team historically plays a bit inconsistent... so the game usually makes me nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Potentially interesting fact if you're nerdy like me.... dating back to 2009, and including this year, the last 12 Hobo Day matchups have featured only three different Valley teams coming to town - Youngstown State (5), Northern Iowa (4), and Southern Illinois (3). The home team we all cheer for is 7-4 across that stretch, and 1-2 against the hefty feline foes of Cedar Falls.

I know the mantra for the team the last few years has been "1-0" or "last play", and past performance is no guarantee of future returns... but try telling that to a Twins fan trying to feel optimism when the Yankees are next on the schedule. Besides... the team can stay focused, we can still be here for speculation and over-analyzing everything.

That being said, since they began playing regularly again in 2006, the Rabbits have not fared so well against the Panthers, going 7-10 across that stretch. They are trending in the right direction though, going 6-4 over the last ten.

Hoping for a large, active crowd and for the injury bug to finally take a hike. Excited to attend my first Jacks game since Frisco.

Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks! -- Happy Hobo Day!

...and for what it’s worth… the rag-tag bunch of look-a-likes are 788-1169 all-time against the Bombers from Bronx (40.3%), and 2-16 in the playoffs (11.1%). Both go down for the worst records for the Twins against any opponent regularly faced. They also started the record-tying 18-game postseason slide, 13 of which are by the hands of the Yankees. Pretty crushing stats for a fan that wasn’t alive for their last World Series title… thanks for teaching me to love the silly Twins, dad...

Comment

Welcome to the board RahRah. My first SDSU football game was a frozen Hobo Day in the late 1960's. From my view we are living in the hey day of SDSU football.

As for the Twins I was hooked in 1965, my father's fault also, and have stuck with them ever since (the 1970's were brutal). You will learn patience as a Twins fan.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
                Long-time reader... some-what new member... first time poster. Hobo week is finally upon us! The festivities are enjoyable, but the team historically plays a bit inconsistent... so the game usually makes me nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Potentially interesting fact if you're nerdy like me.... dating back to 2009, and including this year, the last 12 Hobo Day matchups have featured only three different Valley teams coming to town - Youngstown State (5), Northern Iowa (4), and Southern Illinois (3). The home team we all cheer for is 7-4 across that stretch, and 1-2 against the hefty feline foes of Cedar Falls.

I know the mantra for the team the last few years has been "1-0" or "last play", and past performance is no guarantee of future returns... but try telling that to a Twins fan trying to feel optimism when the Yankees are next on the schedule. Besides... the team can stay focused, we can still be here for speculation and over-analyzing everything.

That being said, since they began playing regularly again in 2006, the Rabbits have not fared so well against the Panthers, going 7-10 across that stretch. They are trending in the right direction though, going 6-4 over the last ten.

Hoping for a large, active crowd and for the injury bug to finally take a hike. Excited to attend my first Jacks game since Frisco.

Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks! -- Happy Hobo Day!

...and for what it’s worth… the rag-tag bunch of look-a-likes are 788-1169 all-time against the Bombers from Bronx (40.3%), and 2-16 in the playoffs (11.1%). Both go down for the worst records for the Twins against any opponent regularly faced. They also started the record-tying 18-game postseason slide, 13 of which are by the hands of the Yankees. Pretty crushing stats for a fan that wasn’t alive for their last World Series title… thanks for teaching me to love the silly Twins, dad...
                Running with your Twins analogy, the Panthers are probably closer to Cleveland or ChiSox (if one assumes the Bison are the FCS' Yankees), and the Jacks can potentially match up well with UNI, given UNI's woeful OL situation.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I don't know this...so maybe I shouldn't speculate. But when he hopped off the field vs S. Illinois... it looked like an ankle?
                  He could reportedly play on Hobo Day

Comment

It's an ankle sprain for Backhaus. Probable for Saturday.

Comment

Anyone else heard on any other injury updates?-Spalding,Hicks, Tolu or Gardner etc
                      Last edited by Gojacks2487; 10-19-2021, 09:53 AM.
                      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

This game feels like a pivotal game for defining the rest of the season. They either turn the corner and the offense starts to get momentum and consistency, or we continue to be inconsistent. UNI is always tough, but I feel pretty confident in this one that we play our best game of the year since the CSU game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          This game feels like a pivotal game for defining the rest of the season. They either turn the corner and the offense starts to get momentum and consistency, or we continue to be inconsistent. UNI is always tough, but I feel pretty confident in this one that we play our best game of the year since the CSU game.
                          I think I read that we scored over 40 points in a row for 6 straight games, making a program record......The offense has the some of the inconsistencies we have always had....bland play calling followed by inconsistant calls.....While the Defense is the same as itts always been. Struggles on 3rd down. I dont know how many 3rd and 10 or more, some where 3rd and 15 plus and were converted relatively easy. The thing this team had going and had last year was the depth we never had before.......now we have so many injuries that our depth isnt a strenght as much as it should be. I am hoping the team is looking to far ahead because they have big plans for the playoffs. I just hope they dont forget about the games in front of them. we could win out or lose out and I wouldnt honestly be surprised either way. Ive seen past sdsu teams do both. a long losing skid or an impressive finish.

I was worried about SIU because playing them a 3rd time in a year, and I am worried about UNI for it being hobo days, which havent traditionally been our best games and UNI rarely lays a stinker back to back. I think the D can do well, just hope we can keep the offense consistent since Farley seems to have his teams defense stacked for SDSU.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

If you would have told me back in 2005 or whenever UNI was coming off a championship game appearance and had a great team nearly every year and SDSU was beginning a transition period, that SDSU would be 7-10 against UNI over the next 15+ years - I would have never believed it.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I think I read that we scored over 40 points in a row for 6 straight games, making a program record......The offense has the some of the inconsistencies we have always had....bland play calling followed by inconsistant calls.....While the Defense is the same as itts always been. Struggles on 3rd down. I dont know how many 3rd and 10 or more, some where 3rd and 15 plus and were converted relatively easy. The thing this team had going and had last year was the depth we never had before.......now we have so many injuries that our depth isnt a strenght as much as it should be. I am hoping the team is looking to far ahead because they have big plans for the playoffs. I just hope they dont forget about the games in front of them. we could win out or lose out and I wouldnt honestly be surprised either way. Ive seen past sdsu teams do both. a long losing skid or an impressive finish.

I was worried about SIU because playing them a 3rd time in a year, and I am worried about UNI for it being hobo days, which havent traditionally been our best games and UNI rarely lays a stinker back to back. I think the D can do well, just hope we can keep the offense consistent since Farley seems to have his teams defense stacked for SDSU.
                              It sure as heck would surprise me if Jacks lose five straight (and I think it'd equal the longest losing streak in nearly 50 years).

Personally, I'd like to see them rest Backhaus until the game against the Bison. I'm assuming the defense can handle UNI without him. I have a feeling this will be a game the DL feasts on Day like so many fans will be feasting on Nick's sliders.

Comment

Working...
                              X