Looking down the road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking down the road.

Schedule could not be better, the higher ranked teams are at home. I'm most worried about UNI on Hobo Day. Mark Farley is a tough out! Must avoid a Hobo Day glitch. Computer ranks Jacks as the best but that does not mean much, Injury free, 1-0 and be grateful of what we are seeing and savoring in Brookings, football, and beyond,. truly a caring place for my generation and those that have followed Go Jacks!!

The SIU game worries me the most of any of the games on the schedule. Losing twice to the Jacks last season, and being oh-so-close in the playoff game will have them hyped, and they are very familiar with what the Jacks bring to the table. The Jacks can't afford to come out flat like they did last night.. The Salukis have more offensive weapons than either NDSU or UNI, which makes them more dangerous IMO. Jacks win, but it will be close.

Comment

Having the slogan "1-0 this week in mind"....I agree with bigticket1's concern about this Saturday's game vs. SIU. I think the Salukis are not only dangerous but certainly capable of winning and we have to bring our best this weeknd. The one comment I'd question is whether we came out flat in the Dixie State game. One of the Jacks players in a post-game interview on Midco -- can't recall which player it was --noted that in the first quarter Dixie State came out with some unexpected looks etc. There were some athletes on Dixie State's squad and i think they caught the Jacks players and coaches scratching their heads in much of the first quarter. In my opinion what may have appeared as coming out flat to some, can just as easily be explained by giving credit to the opposing team for using some imagination. But the important takeaway in my mind was they way we figured it out and made adjustments and then rolled all over them for the rest of the game. And keep in mind that during the rough first quarter, we didn't get rattled but kept our heads in the game and got it figured all -- all marks of a championship-caliber team.

Comment

I go, siu, uni, then ndsu. I feel the same way about siu. Its hard to beat a good team 3 times in 1 year essentially. They have a lot of motivation to beat us. Uni is always hard but not sure they have the fire power to do it but defensively they always make it hard. Ndsu if we arent sharp, you know they would love to take us down and remind they are the team to beat.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Definitely need to control the foolish penalties…especially the one on the pick 6…ended up winning on the KO fumble recovery but those penalties could really bite us in the behind against the MVFC opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I go, siu, uni, then ndsu. I feel the same way about siu. Its hard to beat a good team 3 times in 1 year essentially. They have a lot of motivation to beat us. Uni is always hard but not sure they have the fire power to do it but defensively they always make it hard. Ndsu if we arent sharp, you know they would love to take us down and remind they are the team to beat.
            NDSU, UNI, UND

Oddly I don't have the same concerns w/ SIU. We beat them 44-3 last year you can't forget about that...

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post

NDSU, UNI, UND

Oddly I don't have the same concerns w/ SIU. We beat them 44-3 last year you can't forget about that...
              yes, but they sure looked a lot better then that the 2nd time we played them. UND is the team im less worried about because that was about as bad as we could play last year. im sure our team is not going to forget that too.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I really hope this doesn’t come back to bite me but I really feel the Jacks are on a mission this year. This team feels different. They will be favored in every game the rest of the way.

IMO, toughest games remaining are @USD, NDSU, UNI, SIU, UND, @WIU, @YSU.

I’m curious to see how Oladokun responds on Saturday against SIU after his slow start against Dixie.

Also, SIU’s receivers are good so our secondary will be tested. Can’t wait for Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  I really hope this doesn’t come back to bite me but I really feel the Jacks are on a mission this year. This team feels different. They will be favored in every game the rest of the way.

IMO, toughest games remaining are @USD, NDSU, UNI, SIU, UND, @WIU, @YSU.

I’m curious to see how Oladokun responds on Saturday against SIU after his slow start against Dixie.

Also, SIU’s receivers are good so our secondary will be tested. Can’t wait for Saturday!
                  Just saw a tweet that Avante Cox hurt his shoulder and may not be available on Saturday, along with their starting center.

Comment

I believe tickets for the game in Vermillion went on sale today. Quite a few left go scoop them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

yes, but they sure looked a lot better then that the 2nd time we played them. UND is the team im less worried about because that was about as bad as we could play last year. im sure our team is not going to forget that too.
                      yeah UND might be a stretch. If they go down @USD losing back to back rivalry games the wheels could come off.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Just saw a tweet that Avante Cox hurt his shoulder and may not be available on Saturday, along with their starting center.
                        They reportedly could be down both Cox & Collins at WR and Glajchen at DT

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

They reportedly could be down both Cox & Collins at WR and Glajchen at DT
                          And earlier in the season they lost corner James Ceasar, who was a spring season AA and is considered a pro prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                            I believe tickets for the game in Vermillion went on sale today. Quite a few left go scoop them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Just ordered mine on the new side. Lots of good seats available.

Comment

$10 seat promotion for this weekend's game against SIU. A matchup of two, Top 10 schools. At least nobody can use the excuse that tickets are too high priced for this game.
                              https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...36149531512833

Comment

Working...
                              X