23 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    You might be thinking of Steph Paluch way back, she was a good player for the Jacks from Pierre.

Katie Lingle as well.
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=SUPERBUNNY;n525034]

Katie Lingle as well.[/QUOTE ...]oh ya, mind gets foggy with passing of time, she was a good player too.

Comment

Looks like the Jacks coaching staff has been busy after attending the Lindenwood camp. Have seen at least 8 or 10 players post on Twitter that they have received offers.

Comment

Verbal from Kaden Brown QB from Texas.

Comment

Nice to get the QB piece of the class out of the way early.

Comment

Looks really athletic. High potential. Offers weren’t super impressive but I trust Lujan’s judgement. Hopefully he is a force for getting more players on board throughout this recruiting cycle.

Comment

Instead of blogs on recruits I’m going to do short YouTube videos. Please like and subscribe!

https://twitter.com/jackillustrated/...BP3-ootI8kc2dQ
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I am hearing we are not getting Abraham Meyers and he is a lean NDSU. His final 3 are NDSU, Iowa, and San Diego State. No, I’m not joking.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    I am hearing we are not getting Abraham Meyers and he is a lean NDSU. His final 3 are NDSU, Iowa, and San Diego State. No, I’m not joking.
                    I hope he goes Iowa then. Would be a major downer if he went to ndsu.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

For whatever reason it seems like there has never been a good relationship between the jacks staff and WHS. tell me if i am wrong, thankfully we did get Heins from WHS but in my mind the huge majority of quality players from WHS over the years do not end up in brookings. on top of that way too many of them end up in fargo. they have also gone to montana and iowa and other locations

i dont think the LB who recently changed his mind and went to iowa has had much of a career at iowa, but maybe i am wrong. that one was disappointing as he was VERY MUCH a legacy jackrabbit. i am pretty sure mom, dad, and every sibling went to sdsu

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                        For whatever reason it seems like there has never been a good relationship between the jacks staff and WHS. tell me if i am wrong, thankfully we did get Heins from WHS but in my mind the huge majority of quality players from WHS over the years do not end up in brookings. on top of that way too many of them end up in fargo. they have also gone to montana and iowa and other locations

i dont think the LB who recently changed his mind and went to iowa has had much of a career at iowa, but maybe i am wrong. that one was disappointing as he was VERY MUCH a legacy jackrabbit. i am pretty sure mom, dad, and every sibling went to sdsu
                        Yea Seth Benson has only started the last couple of years at Iowa and has made a huge impact so you are very wrong on that comment. Do a little research before you throw out a unsubstantiated comment! You are right though we have struggled to recruit Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Yea Seth Benson has only started the last couple of years at Iowa and has made a huge impact so you are very wrong on that comment. Do a little research before you throw out a unsubstantiated comment! You are right though we have struggled to recruit Washington.
                          Jaron harris was whs. We had a lineman also, mcknight? Mayne wrong about a lineman, Cant think off the top of my head. Many of their top talent went fbs so thats a big reason. They had a lot of fbs and D2 players but we struggled to get any of there fcs talent. Usd had a few whs guys. We seem to get more Roosevelt.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

you know when i OFTEN and VERY READILY say things like I COULE BE WRONG, it is NOT like i state these things like they are proven facts. and ya know by the time i get to this site and i see something here that makes me think about things like that.......

sometimes i feel like checking or as you say doing research and I DO go to a website, for instance the hawkeyes FB site and look up stats like tackles, etc...., but other times, i really do not feel like it. i have made comments like this probably over a hundred times now and this is the first time it has been stated to be substantially WRONG

i am happy for Seth, everything i know of him he is an awesome kid and comes from an awesome family!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

i also readily admit that i do not extensively pay attention to teams beyond the jacks. but that probably only means that i do not pay attention to the level i used to when i was coaching and kind of immersed in athletics all the time. in my mind i do not pay attention a lot but i probably am much more aware than the average person

but that said i do still have LOTS of people in the sports world who i speak to and hear from. also in this case my dad is friends with the family of seths mom. between those sources and what i had seen or heard, i had not heard much. so i apologize sincerely if my comment hurt someone in some way!! really i mean it!! SINCERELY!!! i had no evil intent

but at the same time, like i said, i have made this type of somewhat educated guess many MANY times and as far as anyone here has said, this is the first time i was wrong. so i wouldnt exactly say i have been going around spreading painful lies or anything

i imagine the tone here seems a bit aggressive. not trying to be and i have no problem with you or your comment JG!! just found your comment a good opportunity to explain that i DONT ALWAYS research these things. I DONT think that everything i say is a fact. I DONT always feel like researching. BUT apparently i have not been too wrong very often. and while i am sorry if somehow somebody felt offended, my comment seems pretty light for someone to be overly offended and i really do not feel like i have done something that a thoughtful person should get their shorts in too much of a knot about

AGAIN congratulations to Seth and his family

Comment

i was thinking more about the WHS thing and it made me think about sioux falls in general

and actually, (i have not researched this one extensively either! so maybe i am forgetting something and maybe i am wrong) other than RHS i cannot really think of us getting too many kids from sioux falls in general

but i also DO NOT think there have been as many D1 kids from sioux falls as maybe a lot of people maybe assume there would be

RHS and WHS have had the most D1 players (i am pretty sure but again could be wrong) and while we have really struggled to get the WHS kids we have really dominated with the RHS kids

we have Bauer from OG and i am not sure what happened with the TE from last year. how many other D1 kids have they had? the coleman kid probably could have been but obviously went for baseball. his teammate tyler schulte i think might have had a shot but maybe he was not heavily D1 recruited. but STUD athlete and i think if he would have walked on somewhere he would have had a shot. but maybe he was influenced by Dusty's dad who used to be the augie doggy and probably would have pushed much harder for him to go there (which he did) as opposed to becoming a jack.

how many has LHS had?? they had a lineman in the last handful of years. dont recall where he ended up but i think FBS. they had a stud WR about the same time Taryn was at RHS but he went to usd and as far as i know he ended up leaving or quitting FB, but whatever happened he did not have meaningful minutes for them. nobody else is coming to mind. maybe there are more linemen that i am not thinking of

i am not going to go into all the surrounding area. i cannot even think of what players have come from the surrounding area at the moment. obviously harrisburg has had and does have some. brandon has had quite a few D1 players and obviously the jacks have been very successful recruiting in brandon

so i guess the summary of all that is that outside of RHS and Brandon i do not recall the jacks getting a high percentage of the D1 players from sioux falls. but maybe other than the kids we did not get from WHS that has not been a particularly big number of kids

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Jaron harris was whs. We had a lineman also, mcknight? Mayne wrong about a lineman, Cant think off the top of my head. Many of their top talent went fbs so thats a big reason. They had a lot of fbs and D2 players but we struggled to get any of there fcs talent. Usd had a few whs guys. We seem to get more Roosevelt.

haha i was obviously writing when you wrote this goon. but yea we have really dominated with the RHS guys. they had the kid who went to ohio state and i think cincy before eventually coming to the jacks. they had a good LB go to ndsu? right??

but other than that i am not thinking of many D1 guys from RHS who did not come to brookings. and some of them have obviously been very impactful for the jacks. some not so much. but overall i would say it has worked out well for the jacks and that is not based just on Taryn

and currently we have quite a few RHS guys on the roster. the twins at LB and Feldkamp and Large and the other WR and maybe a few more. obviously OL kid. hopefully some of these younger guys will end up having good careers

Comment

Working...
                                X