Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Sam Houston (NCAA FCS Playoffs - Finals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not having Keaton hold after Mark’s injury is the biggest mistake of the game

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearkats94 View Post
      Well guys it was a good game that's for sure. Two teams battling it out until the final second. I am pretty sure the rabbits will be back in the fall. I remember the loses to the Bison all to well and losing by a blow it tougher than this. This proves we are both the top in the FCS. I hope y'all QB is ok and we will probably met in the fall. Most of our team will be back.
      QB injury a killer, but how did you guys get away holding on the outside so much without any calls? Where was this horrible officiating crew from?

Keeler is an ass and and I think most SHSU fans know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        Listen, nobody should be happy with today. Nobody. Don't buy into that. It was an opportunity squandered. The team was good enough to win, save the disaster that was special teams. They were a joke. And so was our use of time outs late in the game. At the end, it was a matter of making a stop, not the clock running out. We called one on D with three seconds left on the play clock, one on offense after a first down (in the closing seconds, but mostly because we wouldn't call them on D) and the third ... well that one should look nice next to the silver trophy, I guess. Do not tell me you don't call them on D when you're ahead. That's foolish, plain and simple. Would 90-plus more seconds have been nice at the end of the game? You know the answer. Coaches need to put players in the best position possible at critical times. That didn't happen. Period.
        100%. Everyone I was watching with was screaming to use a timeout to save 40-60 seconds. For all that Stig harps about special situations, he blew this one big time!

Heide was beyond pathetic, I don't know how you regress that bad. Gibbs tearing his ACL earlier in the year was a killer too. It's a win with Gronowski or Gibbs at QB.

Comment

• i believe the reason for attempting to hold the timeouts was Hiede. obviously we saw last week that grono could run the 2 minute offense and manage the clock and move down the field without needing any timeouts.

Hiede on the other hand was having trouble with just the NORMAL stuff. i believe the coaches thought they would need the timeouts to protect him and manage the clock for him so that he would not have to, on top of that, this team has recently been very good at keeping teams OUT of the endzone once they get in the red zone. it did not work out

i believe there are several more glaring issues throughout the game that should have been more simple to do better. OBVIOUSLY basically one play different at almost ANY point in the game and the outcome is different

who was the person here who is a ref?? could you look at the play with 3 minutes remain. 3rd down and 10. Shmid rolls left. our right DE, i believe Hicks. is grabbed by the shoulder pads and thrown to the ground by the LT. should have been hold unless i am a LOT rustier on the rules than i thought. makes it 3rd and 20 if that gets called obviously

that said, the next play the jacks have chance to end the game. Shmid boots left and i am sure that somebody did NOT do their 1 eleventh. Ogurnde and i believe Backhaus both crashed HARD to the inside, one of them i am sure is supposed to hold the edge and watch the QB. if not them then someone else really blew their job. but if one of them had come UP the field instead of trying to crash down to stop the dive, they would have had an absolute free kill shot at the QB, if they dont miss it, GAME OVER

this was the longest drive shsu had the whole game. they had 3 scoring drives. and this one was the longest at 65 yards. i think this was our best chance to stop it and nobody held the edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Amazing that Taryn Christion was never seriously injured while the starting QB. He was banged up at times but was really durable. Starting to wonder what’s in the water with all of these knee injuries among all the major sports
            Football is an odd game. The Jacks absolutely planted Schmid 5 or 6 times. to the point where you thought there is no way he's coming back. But Gibbs blows out both knees on plays where you say there is no way he could be hurt that bad , and basically the same thing today with Gronowski.

Comment

• dont get me wrong you probably never play the perfect game and the jacks did an amazing job stopping this team, especially when you realize how much they were allowed to hold.

i have been saying all week the key would be STOP their big plays. they had the one TD, 35 yards. and i would say backhaus was held pretty blatantly on that one, but i do not think they had ANY other plays that were much longer than 10 - 15 yards

i believe every other playoff game they had at least 2 plays over 50 yards. the jacks shut that down, problem was we did not make them have to go long enough often enough.

i do not think Dinkel was ever himself after coming back from the injury. early in the year he would have flipped the field position at least once if not multiple times, but this was obviously part of the problem with them getting a short field

Comment

• Dinkel had 4 punts average of nearly 46 yds with 2 over 50 yds. Three of his five 50+punts came in last two games.

Comment

• Can a person wish that Owen King was watching the game today and thought to himself...”maybe I should play football?”.

...just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                    i believe the reason for attempting to hold the timeouts was Hiede. obviously we saw last week that grono could run the 2 minute offense and manage the clock and move down the field without needing any timeouts.

Hiede on the other hand was having trouble with just the NORMAL stuff. i believe the coaches thought they would need the timeouts to protect him and manage the clock for him so that he would not have to, on top of that, this team has recently been very good at keeping teams OUT of the endzone once they get in the red zone. it did not work out

i believe there are several more glaring issues throughout the game that should have been more simple to do better. OBVIOUSLY basically one play different at almost ANY point in the game and the outcome is different

who was the person here who is a ref?? could you look at the play with 3 minutes remain. 3rd down and 10. Shmid rolls left. our right DE, i believe Hicks. is grabbed by the shoulder pads and thrown to the ground by the LT. should have been hold unless i am a LOT rustier on the rules than i thought. makes it 3rd and 20 if that gets called obviously

that said, the next play the jacks have chance to end the game. Shmid boots left and i am sure that somebody did NOT do their 1 eleventh. Ogurnde and i believe Backhaus both crashed HARD to the inside, one of them i am sure is supposed to hold the edge and watch the QB. if not them then someone else really blew their job. but if one of them had come UP the field instead of trying to crash down to stop the dive, they would have had an absolute free kill shot at the QB, if they dont miss it, GAME OVER

this was the longest drive shsu had the whole game. they had 3 scoring drives. and this one was the longest at 65 yards. i think this was our best chance to stop it and nobody held the edge.
                    Saving time outs for the last 16 seconds is stupid. There's nothing more to say.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

• yes thank you uwm, i agree that he still had good distance. and maybe just something with me but several things seem a bit off. when he has had chances to put the ball inside the 20 he does not seem as accurate. he used to go more for the sideline and pin people inside the 10 or at least inside 20. today he had one chance and he kicked it straight down the middle and straight into the endzone and we had zero chance to down it.

ended up not mattering, it was still one of worst starting field position they had today and we did stop them.

when he kicks down middle he has usually kicked much higher and we have guys in position when the ball is caught. on the ball that was returned today ( i know it ended up not matter) he kicked a line drive directly to the returner. did not let coverage guys get anywhere close and did not make the guy move a step to catch the ball so he was set up to return easily in either direction

when he has kicked his line drives he usually kicks away from the returner and traditionally has gotten some amazing roles. in the past that is when he has had punts over 60 yards that have seriously changed field position. i would guess that today with soggy field it was probably a little harder to get a role.

sorry if i did not spell all that out. i really do try sometimes not to have posts that are mini novels. i am absolutely not trying to blame the game on dinkel. TO BE CLEAR i am not try to blame loss on anyone. they win an lose as a team as they have done all year. i would say we needed to make just a couple more plays today and just about every guy on the team had an opportunity to do that.

but i have been saying all week NOT giving them a short field and not giving them the big play would be critical. i was just hoping for at least one really amazing kick from him. and again i can see that he still kicks the ball 45 yards. but i feel like previously we have seen him punt from our 20 and make the other team start at their 20 or even slightly worse. would have been great to have one of those today

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        Can a person wish that Owen King was watching the game today and thought to himself...”maybe I should play football?”.

...just me?
                        There's a former QB who's still a Jack.

I hope Gibbs and Gronowski make full recoveries and earn their degrees at SDSU, regardless of what happens

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabbit99 View Post
                          Not having Keaton hold after Mark’s injury is the biggest mistake of the game
                          Not reviewing the Bearkats' first TD rivals that, particularly when they wasted time reviewing all of the Jacks, which weren't nearly as suspicious

Comment

• On tv it sure was close the shsu fumbled before the goalline watching on tv. But they didmt show many angles on it. Must have had the camera crew who works ndsu games. The offcials missed a lot of holds. On the 35 td rec, logan got tackled on the play. Again looked pretty obvioud on tv. The officials were from Baaston, and this game only had a few 5 or 10 YAAD penalties.......my guesd is coaches didnt want to give shsu extra time and thought they could stop them with their D.

Lets face it we lost the game but we are the better team. If shsu had to playnthe whole game with their third string qb on the season. They wouldnt have probably kept it with in 20. In grono doesnt get hurt we will easily. But he got hurt so thats how it goes. I think it was more the play calling eith Heide at qb then his execution. I think sumner or tc if they hadnt played meaningful football and only practice for 2 years would have been rusty and struggled also. If one or 2 plays are changed we will the game. If officials see the hold on logan on the td or the fumble on their first td. We probably win. But they didnt call it so it doesnt count.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• One of the pictures in today’s Argus shows J’Bore Gibbs in full uniform, commiserating with a teammate. I had not heard the nature of his injury but with him being fully dressed at the game, was he potentially ready to play?

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                One of the pictures in today’s Argus shows J’Bore Gibbs in full uniform, commiserating with a teammate. I had not heard the nature of his injury but with him being fully dressed at the game, was he potentially ready to play?
                                No. He was in shorts & jersey. He has been up in the booth being an another assistant. Are you referring to the defensive #2 Isaiah Stalbird in the Argus photo?

Comment

Working...
                                X