Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Sam Houston (NCAA FCS Playoffs - Finals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    don’t forget the UNI playoff game.

Whoops. Had that one blocked out of my mind. That makes it worse

Comment

Glad we still have a time out left, though.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I have less football knowledge than most of you, however I can't believe that Heide is physically the third best quarterback on that team. I do get to occasional Lindenwood football games. They won the GLVC, got through the first round in 2019 and were mercilessly pounded by Northwest Missouri in the second. Their quarterback looked waaay better physically, so did the qb who got beat out and was a previous starter. If you had a first stringer who got injured, even if it was a fluke and a talented backup who is proven to be injury prone you should have done more to develop the third stringer.

And that
        isn't Heide who looked sub par even for D2 level play. I'm sure he has a good attitude and played his best.

Comment

Well guys it was a good game that's for sure. Two teams battling it out until the final second. I am pretty sure the rabbits will be back in the fall. I remember the loses to the Bison all to well and losing by a blow it tougher than this. This proves we are both the top in the FCS. I hope y'all QB is ok and we will probably met in the fall. Most of our team will be back.

Comment

Wow this one hurts. We lose Mark our all conference QB the first drive. A poorly officiated game. and we lose on a heartbreaker.

If we had mark I think we have 2 more TDs. Wow tough one
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

This was so similar to the 19 Marker game it’s insane. Like almost identical game flow. Gonna hurt for a long time

Comment

Listen, nobody should be happy with today. Nobody. Don't buy into that. It was an opportunity squandered. The team was good enough to win, save the disaster that was special teams. They were a joke. And so was our use of time outs late in the game. At the end, it was a matter of making a stop, not the clock running out. We called one on D with three seconds left on the play clock, one on offense after a first down (in the closing seconds, but mostly because we wouldn't call them on D) and the third ... well that one should look nice next to the silver trophy, I guess. Do not tell me you don't call them on D when you're ahead. That's foolish, plain and simple. Would 90-plus more seconds have been nice at the end of the game? You know the answer. Coaches need to put players in the best position possible at critical times. That didn't happen. Period.
                Last edited by JackFan96; 05-16-2021, 05:50 PM.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Tough game, delays, injuries, turnovers... the kickoff out of bounds gave the Bkats great field position. This can’t happen and has multiple times this year and costs them field position. The time out by the Jacks with 53 seconds left and 3rd down gave the Bkats time to regroup as they were not calling their last TO. Officials burying the yellow flag and not calling holding on the Bkats OL didn’t help but they had to try and protect the qb as he was taking big hits.

Comment

Would have to think that if Gronowski’s injury is significant which Stig thinks it is, that SDSU would look very appealing to any stud transfer QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      Would have to think that if Gronowski’s injury is significant which Stig thinks it is, that SDSU would look very appealing to any stud transfer QBs.
                      First we have to decide to recruit them. Not just decide we're OK. Today proved we are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

First we have to decide to recruit them. Not just decide we're OK. Today proved we are not.
                        Regardless they better recruit because Heide, Voss, Rice is not enough depth. Even if we’d have won the evidence is there that we need a QB or 2.

Comment

• Well I just read that Lindenwood is playing in Brookings on September 11 so maybe I'll get a chance to see how good that qb is. Jed Stugart has shown some interest in the OVC.

Comment

• i am sure at some point, maybe about five minutes from now, i will need to blow off some steam about a lot of frustrating crap from this game

but i want the first thing i say to be, WOW these kids had a LOT of reasons to put their head down and say well today is not our day but they absolutely NEVER gave up and despite not getting really a single break today they were 16 seconds away from being champs. super proud of these kids, this program, our school, our coaches, and proud to be a jackrabbit

Comment

• we are going to hear a LOT about being SO close and having everyone back. i hope it plays out that way. we will have a shorter turn around than every team in the country minus one. hopefully that will not lead to injuries in the fall !!!!!!!!! i mean i am VERY VERY glad we played this spring and i totally think it was worth it!!! we had a chance to play for a championship and i have NO DOUBT the players wanted to do it and i totally belielve it was the right thing to do!!!!

but sometimes even doing the right thing has a price. i hope that price is not a bunch of injuries in the fall

my guess is that gronowski is OUT for the fall. those of you who wanted someone else to play all year, you know who you were screaming for someone else to get more time even the last 3 games, well i think you got your answer???? from what i understand gibbs is doubtful for fall, unless we are going to committ to handing off basically EVERY play i dont think hiede can play qb at this level. SORRY to say that!!! i believe he is a great kid!!! but he is not a qb at this level

my guess is we start a true freshman the first game of the year for the 3rd season in a row. but maybe there will be a great transfer who watched this game and realizes that all the pieces are back and he wants to be the missing piece

wishing the very very best for grono!!!!!!! he has an incredible season!!! really has to suck to sit and watch the final game!!!!! i really look forward to the NEXT season that the jacks do NOT have the conference player of the year OUT with an injury for the most important game of the year!!!!!

i have NO DOUBT these kids will pick themselves up and do EVERYTHING possible to come back and finish the job in a few months!!!!!!! if they do not, it will definitely NOT be because of any lack of effort!!!!!

hard day but a good day to be a jackrabbit!!!!! GO RABBITS!!!!

Comment

• Amazing that Taryn Christion was never seriously injured while the starting QB. He was banged up at times but was really durable. Starting to wonder what’s in the water with all of these knee injuries among all the major sports

Comment

Working...
                                X