Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say, those VMI Keydets uniforms are sharp

Comment

Monmouth trying to make it interesting at Sam Houston St. 21-15, little less than 6 min left in the 4th.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Weber SIU in tight one in the 3rd, 21-17 WSU. Also, MSU did not belong in the playoffs, getting ass-blasted by UND in the Forks, 31-3

Comment

Going down to the wire in Ogden. SIU kicks a field goal to go up 27-24 with 8 minutes left. Weber has done almost nothing on offense this half. Would really prefer to see Weber here next weekend.

Comment

Salukis it is. To be honest, I don’t love the matchup. We played great down there and they had the game snowball on them. It’ll be hard to duplicate that type of result again, even at home. I expect a much closer game this time around.

Comment

Yeah, I wanted Weber. Playoff rematches don’t make me feel good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, they’re going to come in hungry. We embarrassed them in their house, and you know they are going to throw the kitchen sink at it. From a mental standpoint, this might be our most challenging matchup of the season.

Comment

50% capacity should help. Will have more tickets to sell. I saw the announced attendance was just under 3,000 but I heard parents weren’t scanned because it wasn’t working and I don’t think the students used all 1,500 that was allotted for them. You will see a lot more people next week hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Talked with a couple of my Bison friends in Nebraska on Sunday. They were sure more optimistic about their team than they were a week ago. They really want a rematch in Frisco. I'd personally bet the field versus a rematch with them in the championship, but I'm more comfortable with that possibility after Saturday.

Regardless, 1-0 this week is all I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      Talked with a couple of my Bison friends in Nebraska on Sunday. They were sure more optimistic about their team than they were a week ago. They really want a rematch in Frisco. I'd personally bet the field versus a rematch with them in the championship, but I'm more comfortable with that possibility after Saturday.

Regardless, 1-0 this week is all I care about.
                      Yeah, I think if NDSU plays a team that can stop the run, they are toast. SHSU supposedly can, but who knows. JMU definitely can. I don’t see them in the championship.

Comment

well IDK how good the running game and offense are supposed to be for VMI but the supposedly vaunted JMU defense did give up 24 to them. and i am ABSOLUTELY NOT assuming anything. maybe it was just a style thing or a matchup thing, but i think it is at least plausible that if VMI can put 24 on JMU then so could UND or NDSU. i am not predicting it but i think an all valley final is FAR from improbable, at the very least an all valley semifinal matchup on the other side after the all valley quarter matchup on our side

the only valley loss in first round was to another valley team, how many games have valley teams lost to fcs schools outside the valley this year?? i am not positive it is zero but obviously the out of conference this year is incredibly good. 2 and 0 last week against the big sky, which is easily one of the other top few fcs conference

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                          well IDK how good the running game and offense are supposed to be for VMI but the supposedly vaunted JMU defense did give up 24 to them. and i am ABSOLUTELY NOT assuming anything. maybe it was just a style thing or a matchup thing, but i think it is at least plausible that if VMI can put 24 on JMU then so could UND or NDSU. i am not predicting it but i think an all valley final is FAR from improbable, at the very least an all valley semifinal matchup on the other side after the all valley quarter matchup on our side

the only valley loss in first round was to another valley team, how many games have valley teams lost to fcs schools outside the valley this year?? i am not positive it is zero but obviously the out of conference this year is incredibly good. 2 and 0 last week against the big sky, which is easily one of the other top few fcs conference
                          UND will be without their leading receiver, Belquist, for this game (and potentially a significant portion of the Fall season) due to a broken leg.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm interested in how the Zabel and Graham injuries will impact the outcome of the EWU-NDSU game.

It's difficult for me to judge the strength of other teams (and the validity of statistical rankings) given the pandemic disruptions/impacts, so I'm hoping the first round helps us truly separate the wheat from the chaff.

I'd prefer a Weber State-Jacks game next weekend so Jacks can even that series, and I'm tired of hearing about the Salukis
                            After Stig's postgame and Zim's podcast comments about Jacks never playing Weber State, I got curious about the series history. I was basing my "evening the series" comment on this webpage, but upon further review, it seems the Jacks are 0-3 against Weber State (confirmed by pgs. 134-135, and 138 of 2019 media guide):
                            • 9/14/68 = 27-12
                            • 9/13/69 = 28-13
                            • 11/6/76 = 52-19
                            The 1976 guide suggests that the November 1976 game was a late addition to a prior "open" date (likely to replace the Mankato State game that wasn't played on 9/18/76).

Now, I'm curious what led to St. Cloud State having to forfeit four games, one of which was against the Jacks in 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

After Stig's postgame and Zim's podcast comments about Jacks never playing Weber State, I got curious about the series history. I was basing my "evening the series" comment on this webpage, but upon further review, it seems the Jacks are 0-3 against Weber State (confirmed by pgs. 134-135, and 138 of 2019 media guide):
                              • 9/14/68 = 27-12
                              • 9/13/69 = 28-13
                              • 11/6/76 = 52-19
                              The 1976 guide suggests that the November 1976 game was a late addition to a prior "open" date (likely to replace the Mankato State game that wasn't played on 9/18/76).

Now, I'm curious what led to St. Cloud State having to forfeit four games, one of which was against the Jacks in 1976.
                              looking back at the history of those games, this post has a bit of a nidaros feel too it.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

looking back at the history of those games, this post has a bit of a nidaros feel too it.
                                Isn't Zim a St. Cloud alum?

Maybe he could have an article honoring Clair and Jacks' forgotten history, including the 1976 forfeit by St. Cloud.

Comment

Working...
                                X