No announcement yet.

Holy Cross Pre-game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's some speculation beer may be sold at Fitton in the future. What is the current policy with beer/alcohol sold at Dykhouse? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HC87 View Post
      There's some speculation beer may be sold at Fitton in the future. What is the current policy with beer/alcohol sold at Dykhouse? Thanks.
      Beer and Wine is a part of the premium seating only which is included with ticket price.

Comment

The band in the playoffs is usually just a pep band. We would do a simple pre-game of the anthem and school songs with no marching. We'd spend the rest of the game in the stands playing music. The bright side to playoffs would be more playing time during timeouts. They were longer and only the NCAA ads would play which weren't very long.

I believe you can do some sort of pre-game and halftime show, but it was always easier for SDSU to not do that with the end of the semester stuff going on. Finals, concerts, projects, etc. It could be NCAA policy to not do shows, but I remember doing that show with the ndsu band and they said they do that holiday show every year. Might just be ndsu breaking the rules because it's ndsu.

Finally, I'm going to guess there are no bands this year due to the capacity limits. This game is already sold out with the max 25% limit. How many fewer tickets could each school have if they have to make room for the bands? It really sucks, but some of us simply would not get to go to the game if we made room for the band. Believe me, as a former Pride member I wish they were going to be there. We all can agree The Pride brings a special energy to every gameday. I only hope the NCAA allows schools to bring their bands to Frisco.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Holy Cross team is flying out right now. Probably to minimize covid issues etc.....get a chance to practice/walk-thru at Dyk tomorrow I'm guessing.

Comment

I see one of our moderators here has decided to go all political over on the Holy Cross site. Unfortunate...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              I see one of our moderators here has decided to go all political over on the Holy Cross site. Unfortunate...
              The guidelines here, now that you bring up political comments are:

a) avoid/minimize political talk **here**,
              b) don't drag conversations/comments from other sites here, and just generally
              c) don't be an overly-obnoxious jerk.
              (C may not have been specifically stated before, at least in that manner, but that's basically the gist of things.)

I can't control what happens elsewhere, and I'm not at all interested in policing comments on other sites, personally. To be honest, I'd really rather not police comments here either, which is why the mentioned guidelines are guidelines.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As stated. Beer is premium only. However, per NCAA guidlines, not allowed in seating area in Club section. Not sure on the Loge. Will be very disappointed if it is not.

Comment

hey pride, i DEFINITELY agree with you that the pride plays an important role in ANY game day at sdsu!! they are truly truly special!!!!! i do not, however, think that every school band brings nearly what they do. in my experience, and i have traveled to MANY other schools, including all the former NCC schools, several big 10 and big 12, maybe 1 or 2 other i am forgetting, the best other bands that i have come across are ndsu and i was always impressed with the IPFW band at the summit tourney. now PFW.

as a former band member maybe you could explain why the drum corps was such a big part of game days for a brief time and then kind of disappeared. but that might be better done in a different thread. just curious, but i did also think that they added to the energy and the atmosphere at the games where they performed

Comment

He may not be a fan of her politics, but a person has to admit that her hair extension and lip filler game is on point!

Comment

Holy Cross team is flying out right now. Probably to minimize covid issues etc.....get a chance to practice/walk-thru at Dyk tomorrow I'm guessing.
                      Send fans looking to pregame to my twitter slosho

Comment

Can't imagine what this team would be like if Cade had played in the spring as feel wide receiver is an area we are little weak on depth and skill. Nice we have the Ok State transfer and some really good freshman coming in next fall that might make an immediate upgrade at the position and get on the field right away. Hope to see more of the tight ends in the passing game along with continuing to throw to the running backs in the playoffs.

Comment

Can't imagine what this team would be like if "insert name" had played in the spring as feel wide receiver is an area we are little weak on depth and skill. Nice we have the Ok State transfer and some really good freshman coming in next fall that might make an immediate upgrade at the position and get on the field right away. Hope to see more of the tight ends in the passing game along with continuing to throw to the running backs in the playoffs.
                          To be fair, there are a large number of teams in this playoff bracket who are saying that. The Bison game might have been a bit different as they have a few names they could slide into that spot, including a likely top 10 NFL draft choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X