@CSU Rams 9/4/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I didn’t use word potentially as I reread my post. I was thinking of it when I did post.
    No worries. I was thinking "I hope the Jacks thump the 'Yotes every time they play" as I read your post.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

It's rather self-serving for your source not to reveal whether others were potentially impacted while revealing the "fact" that the CSU AD was notified the player was vaccinated [plus it fails to consider that she might not have been "fully vaccinated" if she hadn't had final dose or 14 days hadn't elapsed since her final dose (pg. 2)]. Moreover, you're completely incorrect about vaccinated players not being tested. If they develop symptoms OR contact tracing risk assessments deem it necessary, they're still subject to testing (pg. 4), so this was in accordance with NCAA policy, yet somehow you're characterizing it as an illogical and a panicked response while operating on your admittedly incomplete account of circumstances.

The "revenue and excitement" guarantee games generate has been stridently debated among upper division officials (one reason conferences discontinue them), so I'm not sure what your basis for that assertion is [those same "upper division" officials commonly indicate it helps them fill schedules, and the Jacks are experiencing this first hand with the upcoming Lindenwood game (or do you think Jacks fans are brimming with excitement and gobbling up those tickets?)], and thank you for making my point about USD not losing a guarantee for VB. I should have been more explicit; the mention of her being humiliated vis a vis a lost guarantee payment obviously doesn't apply, and if folks were that concerned with humiliation, they wouldn't traffic in rumors about a player's positive test and vaccination status.
      It appears to me you’re just looking either to fight or argue. The CSU AD was aware she was FULLY VACCINATED. Regarding the testing of players as per ncaa protocol, they are not to be tested prior to travel, a game, or a match UNLESS they show symptoms. So the young lady wouldn’t have tested prior to taking off for Colorado. How did I characterize it as illogical? Or a panicked response? Lastly the humiliation I refer to would be what I would feel if I felt responsible for my entire team being unable to compete. There was nothing about a guaranty. What said was if your football team traveled out there and a player tested positive. And CSU said they didn’t want to put their team at risk. I would assume you’d lose the guaranty money. Nothing was said about guaranty money for volleyball for crying out loud.

You just hate USD so bad you want to paint a negative image of them in any way you can. The fact that SDSU is paying Lindenwood to come play in your stadium was an administrative decision. Obviously your AD wanted another home game. I don’t blame him. The fact he contracted a team that doesn’t generate excitement from his fan base is on him.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        Thanks for the comments yfe. Insightful as usual.
        ‘Thanks for the compliment. I really would like to debate / discuss issues periodically and not fight.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

It appears to me you’re just looking either to fight or argue. The CSU AD was aware she was FULLY VACCINATED. Regarding the testing of players as per ncaa protocol, they are not to be tested prior to travel, a game, or a match UNLESS they show symptoms. So the young lady wouldn’t have tested prior to taking off for Colorado. How did I characterize it as illogical? Or a panicked response? Lastly the humiliation I refer to would be what I would feel if I felt responsible for my entire team being unable to compete. There was nothing about a guaranty. What said was if your football team traveled out there and a player tested positive. And CSU said they didn’t want to put their team at risk. I would assume you’d lose the guaranty money. Nothing was said about guaranty money for volleyball for crying out loud.

You just hate USD so bad you want to paint a negative image of them in any way you can. The fact that SDSU is paying Lindenwood to come play in your stadium was an administrative decision. Obviously your AD wanted another home game. I don’t blame him. The fact he contracted a team that doesn’t generate excitement from his fan base is on him.
          You honestly don't remember posting this?

"This Covid thing stinks. We need to deal with it logically and not panic in my opinion."

NCAA protocols were followed, my hatred for USD notwithstanding, and I don't need to do anything for your "logic" and analysis to be seen in negative light when considered by those without 'Yote-colored glasses. Your eventual admission that you don't know the extent of testing that occurred and the nature of the post-positive contact tracing does that well enough.

My posts include supportive evidence, the objectivity of which isn't impacted by my 'Yote despisal. Conversely, yours focus on rumors and incomplete accounts from unnamed sources framed as facts. Want to change that? Name the source who told you what the CSU AD knows, the source who purportedly told you when this player began exhibiting symptoms, and the source who said this player was the sole individual impacted (or rather "who should have been impacted," lest you argue that now the entire team, USD Athletics, and 'Yote fans have been "impacted" by the absence of 'Yote VB games in Ft. Collins).

The reference to it being related to SDSU FB's guarantee must have been relegated to the same inner dialogue as the reference to "potentially," as it wasn't in your post having a general hypothetical.

What I really hate is people failing to take responsibility for incomplete "evidence" they've framed as facts without attribution, and I seem to recall you posting on here about a source you had at USD (an associate AD) who told you that there'd be no Summit title for MBB and that games would only be used for seeding), so maybe your sources should be questioned before attributing facts you disagree with to someone's hatred for your chosen team.

Comment

I would hope we can change the thread direction to include some insight to the Rams team and maybe some of those that have insight to the Jackrabbits might have some pregame information to share as well. Thank you to any who might provide that fodder for the board.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Here is my preview of CSU. I fully expect them to try and run the ball.
              https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ado-state.html
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
                I have 3 tickets available for the CSU game. Section 205 Row 21 Seats 20-22. Unfortunately I am not able to go now. PM me if interested.
                I did sell two of my tickets. I still have one more - Section 205 Row 21 Seat 20. Not asking any money but would like someone to use it. If anyone is interested in taking an extra ticket to the game PM me and I can email the ticket to you.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  I would hope we can change the thread direction to include some insight to the Rams team and maybe some of those that have insight to the Jackrabbits might have some pregame information to share as well. Thank you to any who might provide that fodder for the board.
                  On the first Stig radio show of the season, he said that they have a two-back set in which Strong and Davis could be used together. Also that Amar Johnson is the # 3 RB, and is the only true freshman currently on the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post

I did sell two of my tickets. I still have one more - Section 205 Row 21 Seat 20. Not asking any money but would like someone to use it. If anyone is interested in taking an extra ticket to the game PM me and I can email the ticket to you.
                    Ticket is no longer available.

Comment

I just tried to look up the line for Friday's game. I am not adept and reading them, but I think it says we are favored by 31/2. Could that be right? I totally think we will wax the Rams, but I was hoping to make some easy money. Someone, please tell me I read it wrong.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I think it's an upset if we don't win. I won plenty of bets when with coworkers NDSU rolled CSU when I was living out there. My only concerns are the short turnout from spring and the elevation. See ya out there on Friday!

Comment

Looking at the 2019 SDSU Football Media Guide: we're 0 and 2 against Colorado State. The last time the two schools met was 1966.

CSU / SDSU triivia: SDSU all conference, All-America wide receiver JaRon Harris (2005 - 08), is the son of Ron Harris, a record-setting running back for Colorado State (1973-76) . JaRon wasn't drafted but the Green Bay Packers signed him in 2009.

Ron Harris, played 1973-76 for Colorado State where just about every running-back record was held by Lawrence McCutcheon.(All-Pro LA Rams; 10 great years in the NFl). When Ron Harris finished at CSU, he claimed the school record for yards gained, 3,118. Ron is today about #3 on the CSU all-time list for yards gained (McCutcheon is #5). Ron Harris was drafted by the Vikings in the 11th round of the 1978 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Looking at the 2019 SDSU Football Media Guide: we're 0 and 2 against Colorado State. The last time the two schools met was 1966.

CSU / SDSU triivia: SDSU all conference, All-America wide receiver JaRon Harris (2005 - 08), is the son of Ron Harris, a record-setting running back for Colorado State (1973-76) . JaRon wasn't drafted but the Green Bay Packers signed him in 2009.

Ron Harris, played 1973-76 for Colorado State where just about every running-back record was held by Lawrence McCutcheon.(All-Pro LA Rams; 10 great years in the NFl). When Ron Harris finished at CSU, he claimed the school record for yards gained, 3,118. Ron is today about #3 on the CSU all-time list for yards gained (McCutcheon is #5). Ron Harris was drafted by the Vikings in the 11th round of the 1978 draft.

Interesting that the two games were consecutive home-home games in '65 and '66, the latter being in Brookings, when CSU played as an independent.

Another SD connection in '66 was Clarence 'Dan' Daniel, their defensive backfield coach, who was from Huron, SD, coached in Custer prior to CSU (pg. 9), and coached in NFL, NFL Europe, CFL, and World League of American Football between 1978 and 2008.

Comment

Here is what the JI team is keeping an eye on tomorrow night.
                              https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...watch-csu.html
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Jacks are going win, I’ll go with 34-17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X