Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Highly unlikely.
    You're right, I was in and out of here last night. After I posted, taught about the one team was pretty bold. My taught should be two teams make it from the Valley, and that is still pretty bold. There will be loses for everybody.
    Looking forward to joining the Summit & MVFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

There are only 4 national seeds this year, and even though they looked like trash today,, JMU will probably be 8-0. Weber and EWU don't play each other and may end up 6-0. Not to mention to SHSU, who could likely be undefeated. Even if UND loses a game and both them and the Jacks are 7-1, the seed is going to the champ, not us. It's very unlikely that the #2 Valley team team going to end up with a seed when there are likely to be 3 other teams wit better records out there and no ooc games to check against. In a normal season, id agree with you. But this season, playoffs just became tougher, and a seed less likely than more likely. If we go 7-1 we will be in the field. And if we win the conference at 7-1 we will be a seed. But outside of that, I wouldn't count on a sees this year. It doesn't matter as much since there aren't any playoff bye weeks this year, but it does mean we are likely to be on the road in the quarters.
      Looks like EWU had their own ref issues to deal with in their loss. If nothing else, it should unite the anti-ref & anti-mask folks.

Also, a combination of conference replay rules and the lack of video including upright apparently prevented valid replay review.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Looks like EWU had their own ref issues to deal with in their loss. If nothing else, it should unite the anti-ref & anti-mask folks.

Also, a combination of conference replay rules and the lack of video including upright apparently prevented valid replay review.
        Probably the same ref who didnt see goedert catch the TD at ndsu. Probably same video crew too. Atleast on the fg not one other ref saw it from where they were? Its almost like the all state or state farm ref commercial. ....your mic's on......that one.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• We sound like NDSU fans. Our substandard play lost that game not the refs. We had an easy TD dropped and then another TD called back because of a penalty. Capitalize on those two opportunities and we are at least in the game late in the 4th quarter.

Our defense played good considering the turnovers and the fake punt leading to the majority (I think) of their points.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

Probably the same ref who didnt see goedert catch the TD at ndsu. Probably same video crew too. Atleast on the fg not one other ref saw it from where they were? Its almost like the all state or state farm ref commercial. ....your mic's on......that one.
            If the Sporting News article I included in the prior post is correct, it appears he's the son of Carl, who was the Super Bowl referee (and has faced his own controversies).

I remember an article about Gene Steratore mentioning his brother officiating both college BB and FB games; of course, Gene officiated NFL and college BB. I wonder how many FCS officials do the same. If it's many, football may be faced with "B" officials until BB ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              We sound like NDSU fans. Our substandard play lost that game not the refs. We had an easy TD dropped and then another TD called back because of a penalty. Capitalize on those two opportunities and we are at least in the game late in the 4th quarter.

Our defense played good considering the turnovers and the fake punt leading to the majority (I think) of their points.
              Bite your tongue.

Seriously, let's not ignore that Jacks gave up 177 yards rushing, so I suspect the coaches aren't going to be as generous in saying the defense played well. Yes, turnovers and fluky special teams circumstances (including a blocked FG) contributed to the defense playing on little to no rest, but I certainly hope a "fire is lit" under defense, because they are too good to surrender 177 yards.

Comment

Bite your tongue.

Seriously, let's not ignore that Jacks gave up 177 yards rushing, so I suspect the coaches aren't going to be as generous in saying the defense played well. Yes, turnovers and fluky special teams circumstances (including a blocked FG) contributed to the defense playing on little to no rest, but I certainly hope a "fire is lit" under defense, because they are too good to surrender 177 yards.
                it was like 2 runs were half of that total but thats way to many for our defense. felt like we couldnt get pressure on passing attempts and couldnt get runs stopped on running downs. Their gimicky offense got us enough off kilter to do the trick. This is a game wehre a couple plays is all it takes to lose a game. Catch a TD, dont let them block punts and FGs or a fake punt. cut down on Turnovers and we dont lose a 2nd TD. things that the team can work on for sure. now the key is to see progress being made.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• Was definitely a tough loss for the Jackrabbits.

Hopefully, they can turn it around.

Gronowski looks good, but not perfect. He just looks like a really talented freshman. ST mistakes were brutal.

On to the next one.

Comment

it was like 2 runs were half of that total but thats way to many for our defense. felt like we couldnt get pressure on passing attempts and couldnt get runs stopped on running downs. Their gimicky offense got us enough off kilter to do the trick. This is a game wehre a couple plays is all it takes to lose a game. Catch a TD, dont let them block punts and FGs or a fake punt. cut down on Turnovers and we dont lose a 2nd TD. things that the team can work on for sure. now the key is to see progress being made.
                    One of the key differences between UND and UNI was that Schuster made the intermediate throws when needed, so the Jacks didn't have the luxury of selling out against the run like they could against UNI.

As for Weah's TD run being over 1/5 of the total, the Jacks had a couple opportunities to stop him in the backfield. Hence, my earlier statement about hesitancy to say the defense played well.

Comment

One of the key differences between UND and UNI was that Schuster made the intermediate throws when needed, so the Jacks didn't have the luxury of selling out against the run like they could against UNI.

As for Weah's TD run being over 1/5 of the total, the Jacks had a couple opportunities to stop him in the backfield. Hence, my earlier statement about hesitancy to say the defense played well.
                      which is frustrating because he missed several makeable throws but seemed to have the right play for the 3rd down to complete those were it was quick enough so the D line didnt have time to get pressure on them.

Comment

• did we blitz much? doesnt seem like i can recall sending much pressure. For a who gets gimicky felt like we were reacting to them and not pressuring them enough.

Comment

did we blitz much? doesnt seem like i can recall sending much pressure. For a who gets gimicky felt like we were reacting to them and not pressuring them enough.
                          My issue with the lack of blitzing was more of a macro concern. I don't necessarily think defensive schemes were the issue in this game; the Weah TD is a perfect example of a blitz that would've worked, if the blitzer or the DL trailing him on opposite side had made tackle.

Comment

My issue with the lack of blitzing was more of a macro concern. I don't necessarily think defensive schemes were the issue in this game; the Weah TD is a perfect example of a blitz that would've worked, if the blitzer or the DL trailing him on opposite side had made tackle.
                            I was thinking more so to disrupt their gimicky plays, those we struggled with. their more tradition plays we did pretty well with. probably wanted to avoid giving up the big play, but at the same time didnt take them out of their offensive flow.

Comment

I was thinking more so to disrupt their gimicky plays, those we struggled with. their more tradition plays we did pretty well with. probably wanted to avoid giving up the big play, but at the same time didnt take them out of their offensive flow.
                              They blitzed on the 3rd and 12 in the 3rd quarter (a series in which Jacks stuffed a double reverse pass and a WR screen pass) where UND gained 24. However, this blitz was about three steps too late in getting to Schuster (it's at approx. 2:10:10 here)

Comment

Working...
                              X