No announcement yet.

@ UND Fight Hawks GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO DOUBT all the PI calls on us today were WAY WAY less obvious than the non call on janke down the sideline in 4th Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      Also, I feel like that game was the conference championship. UND is good, and we are too, but we couldn't get it done. Chances for a seed go way down now
      You can't say that with the schedule both teams have remaining. UND has a game on a short week against USD on 3/4, and whatever happens there helps the Jacks. UND also faces NDSU on the road; again, whatever outcome helps the Jacks (although I'd hope for a Bison win, as the Jacks would still have a game against the Bison to knock them off and potentially out of playoff consideration). If the Jacks lose in March, then I think we can discuss playoff and seeding implications, but it's too early now

Comment

• Out coached.

Comment

• Give credit to UND. They are much improved from even last year and might even be a top 10 team by year's end (definitely are right now, imo, but we'll have to see how they do on the road first).

Still feel we gave this one away, however. Luck was not on our side but we didn't help ourselves today, either. Highly doubt there's going to be an undefeated Valley team this year, so we can recover from this one if we shore up some things.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

• hey mr tibbs, i can agree with your thought on O line. gronowski definitely had time to throw for much of game. and i think after they open half 2 with the TD we are on our way to taking momentum immediately back. then the stripes step in. maybe janke had some naughty words or something but is spinning the ball really unsportsmanlike call???? is that so much worse than their #7 with his fake spike/ ball drop after his big run???? wtf is the difference???? there is ZERO reason for the stripes to but their stamp on the game there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then they proceed to make multiple more calls against jacks there

and again i think maybe only ONE flag on UND all day. maybe there were some late i kinda stopped focusing on game at the end

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
              HOW can you single out the QB as the problem today?? yeah some miscues late when running for his life and with very little ground game to keep the D honest. no doubt he can continue to improve!!, but how about we catch the TD early to go up 14-0? how about we NOT give up 3 or 4 or 5 game changing plays on special teams?? how about the D get the frick off the field on 3rd and long?? was gronowski perfect? NO. is he the reason we lose this game F NO!!!! i would venture he would be one of the players in this game who grades out the best performance wise.

i would say gronowski, jax janke, stalbird, and bachaus played well to very well. special teams embarassed themselves. the O line appears to be a BIG concern. the D line needs to get something that EVER resembles pressure on the QB. i am trying to decide how to grade the DBs?? much improved from last week on holding and PI. i think they only had 2 and i think both were at least questionable and one was total BS! but the coverage was pretty loose on too many occasions

just a very disappointing game!!!! the jacks definitely did not do enough to make breaks for themselves!!!!! AND that ABSOLUTELY has to be their focus!!! because that is what they can control!!! they have no control over refs and lucky bounces and a bunch of other stuff!! but they did not catch even ONE SINGLE break as far as i could tell. definitely not from the stripes! and how often do you get fake punt, block kick, block punt all against you in one game. i will guess UND has some struggles still, bc i do not think you can count on that recipe for winning week after week, along with a fumble bouncing directly back into your arms while you are running in stride for a TD
              I had a feeling today was going to be like the Twilight Zone as soon as the MBB outcomes had me confronting rooting for Bison or 'Yotes. I suspect things will return to normal in March, and Jacks FB will regain its footing and consistently thump opponents.

Comment

• obviously were having plenty of success throwing to the twins today, but only one target to Heins is probably not enough and if we are going to struggle to get him loose in running game, then i think we need to get at least a few targets to PSJ in pass game

i think ANY doomsday talk is totally crazy. we have played two VERY good teams on the road. we have definitely left some room for improvement!!! but we have also done a lot of very good things and i think we will continue to grow and improve and be just fine!!!!! i am NOT making a prediction at this point but it is absolutely NOT crazy to think this team could go rest of the way without losing again

Comment

• Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                  Out coached.
                  Their special teams coach is in his seventh season with UND, and the Jacks' is in his first season. Hopefully in coming weeks and seasons, we'll look back on this as a learning experience never to be repeated (unless we're the ones wreaking havoc on opponents' ST)

Comment

• Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                    Out coached.
                    This...definitely this. The 3 runs in the first half to PS2 after we had been throwing all over on them. Special teams not even being in the game.

also, anyone else find it strange that several times the d ran a 3 man front?

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                      When you have to resort to a QB draw, you don't trust your QB. Maybe I'm "an uniformed fan" though
                      When you resort to playing a true freshman at QB, you don't trust your back ups either.

I'm not saying Gronowski is above criticism, but the idea that putting in Gibbs or Heide would have magically fixed our problems when there was so much blame to go around seems illogical.

Gronowski is going to have his ups and downs, but his ups have been pretty impressive so far. He appears to have the highest ceiling out of all our QBs and he needs experience to iron out the wrinkles. Playing him now and letting him work through struggles appears to be the best course of action, as it will likely pay dividends by end of this season and beyond.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                        hey mr tibbs, i can agree with your thought on O line. gronowski definitely had time to throw for much of game. and i think after they open half 2 with the TD we are on our way to taking momentum immediately back. then the stripes step in. maybe janke had some naughty words or something but is spinning the ball really unsportsmanlike call???? is that so much worse than their #7 with his fake spike/ ball drop after his big run???? wtf is the difference???? there is ZERO reason for the stripes to but their stamp on the game there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then they proceed to make multiple more calls against jacks there

and again i think maybe only ONE flag on UND all day. maybe there were some late i kinda stopped focusing on game at the end
                        UND was penalized once for 16 yds (PI in the 2nd qtr. They also had the PI that was offset by Jacks' ineligible man downfield)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          This...definitely this. The 3 runs in the first half to PS2 after we had been throwing all over on them. Special teams not even being in the game.

Was it a three-man front, or were the DE's wide to cover the edge?

Sorry, those plays didn't stick out in my mind, but maybe I was too busy fuming over how the game was deteriorating before my eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

If you are only going to rush 3 on passing downs, you had better be dialing up some blitzes to get pressure. That didn't happen often enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Was it a three-man front, or were the DE's wide to cover the edge?

Sorry, those plays didn't stick out in my mind, but maybe I was too busy fuming over how the game was deteriorating before my eyes
                              I don't have the mental strength to rewatch the game but I'm fairly certain it was a 3-4....I don't think there was any DE way out.

Comment

• Gronowskis 1st int was fine because it it was trying to make a play before half. The fumble was bad but our oline let the pressire get to him. The 2md int was the bad think. I think much of his problems are the lack of experience at wr. If we had a wienkie or goedart or cade, who can get open and make a big play. Online was inconsistent at best in both run and pass protection. Our D line wasnt able to do much for pressure and und had 2 killer lomg runs. Didnt give up tons of plays but gave up to many yards. Every team had roster tourover and injuries so its not just us.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X