@ UND Fight Hawks GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Now all three turnovers are on him. But ... nothing has been worse than the special teams. That much is clear.
    Well, this means I will likely have to root for at least Bison and/or USD against UND later this season. The Salukis' consecutive weeks as "stompees" and "stompers" occurred at the perfect time

Comment

• time to regroup and hope for better basketball.

Maybe UND will prove everyone wrong, but I feel like SDSU didnt respond when they had a little diversity. They just let the wheels fall off on a game that was was going to be a grind. to bad this team didnt have some non conference games to get some more on field experince before we had to hit the road. team just doesnt look sharp in any phase of the game, for basically having a year to work on everything.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        What time do the bball games start?
        Same as yesterday. Women at 5pm CT

Comment

• the jacks have absolutely not done enough to create their own momentum or to keep it away from UND, but i really do not think this is even a game without some critical help from the refs. HOW the F was the play on UND first TD drive a PI but the guy has his arm wrapped around janke and holding his arm down and fricking chick does not even consider pulling her flag???? maybe i am mistaken but i think there is ONE penalty on UND today?? HOW can that be possible. they also gave momentum back to UND on our first drive of second half. janke gets unsportsmanlike for spinning the football???? REALLY??

even with all that, HOWEVER, the jacks did not help themselves!!! this O LINE has gotta figure out how to run block. we cannot struggle this much to run with PSJ. the TD drop on second drive MUST be caught. i definitely do NOT think it was a penalty but just hand the ball to the ref after you make a play NO NEED to spin it!! defense played so SO well for much of the game, but just TOO many yards given up on 3rd down and specifically on 3rd and long

finally i can barely EVER remember us losing the special teams battle. even against NDSU we almost always have the upper hand on special teams. but we did not just get beat on special teams today, we got our asses handed to us!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
            Might have to reevealuate this teams expectations. we look pretty green, in most phases of the ball. Linebackers seem like only group who has had good games so far this season
            Krolikowski is out. UND is the only team in conference who is 2-0. Let's see how Jacks do in March (which includes game against Salukis).

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Krolikowski is out. UND is the only team in conference who is 2-0. Let's see how Jacks do in March (which includes game against Salukis).
              confernce will probably beat each other up and only winning conference will get into playoffs. dont have the ability to dominate non conference like we had in the past.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• When you have to resort to a QB draw, you don't trust your QB. Maybe I'm "an uniformed fan" though
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
                  time to regroup and hope for better basketball.

Maybe UND will prove everyone wrong, but I feel like SDSU didnt respond when they had a little diversity. They just let the wheels fall off on a game that was was going to be a grind. to bad this team didnt have some non conference games to get some more on field experince before we had to hit the road. team just doesnt look sharp in any phase of the game, for basically having a year to work on everything.
                  I'm not sure how much stock to put in the "year to prepare" given roster turnover, shifts in depth chart, etc. The Jacks have a couple winnable home games and then a key test against the Salukis within the next month. Let's not write them off yet.

Comment

• Good news: We hold the toe breaker with UNI

Bad news: We don't with UND

imI thought Gronowski played pretty well over all, but he made a few key errors at the wrong time. This game was a loss because of our inability to finish drives in the first half, penalties, and our d getting beat. The offensive pkaycalling wasn't great in the second half, but bad penalties killed us kore than anything else. And the d gave up too many 15 yard outs.

Ito frustrating to see how this game could have gone vs how it ended up. We can't lose another game. Welcome to the playoffs, they start next Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                      When you have to resort to a QB draw, you don't trust your QB. Maybe I'm "an uniformed fan" though
                      He threw for over 300 yards despite protection breakdowns. That play is as much an indication of a combination of receivers not being open and increased pressure as it is any lack of trust in Gronowski.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        Good news: We hold the toe breaker with UNI

Bad news: We don't with UND

imI thought Gronowski played pretty well over all, but he made a few key errors at the wrong time. This game was a loss because of our inability to finish drives in the first half, penalties, and our d getting beat. The offensive pkaycalling wasn't great in the second half, but bad penalties killed us kore than anything else. And the d gave up too many 15 yard outs.

Ito frustrating to see how this game could have gone vs how it ended up. We can't lose another game. Welcome to the playoffs, they start next Saturday.
                        UND and the 'Yotes are the only ones who aren't also "in the playoffs" at this point (sorry Bears fans, but I've written you off). I suppose the Bison could weather another loss based on their reputation, but I'm not sold on that

Comment

• Also, I feel like that game was the conference championship. UND is good, and we are too, but we couldn't get it done. Chances for a seed go way down now

Comment

• HOW can you single out the QB as the problem today?? yeah some miscues late when running for his life and with very little ground game to keep the D honest. no doubt he can continue to improve!!, but how about we catch the TD early to go up 14-0? how about we NOT give up 3 or 4 or 5 game changing plays on special teams?? how about the D get the frick off the field on 3rd and long?? was gronowski perfect? NO. is he the reason we lose this game F NO!!!! i would venture he would be one of the players in this game who grades out the best performance wise.

i would say gronowski, jax janke, stalbird, and bachaus played well to very well. special teams embarassed themselves. the O line appears to be a BIG concern. the D line needs to get something that EVER resembles pressure on the QB. i am trying to decide how to grade the DBs?? much improved from last week on holding and PI. i think they only had 2 and i think both were at least questionable and one was total BS! but the coverage was pretty loose on too many occasions

just a very disappointing game!!!! the jacks definitely did not do enough to make breaks for themselves!!!!! AND that ABSOLUTELY has to be their focus!!! because that is what they can control!!! they have no control over refs and lucky bounces and a bunch of other stuff!! but they did not catch even ONE SINGLE break as far as i could tell. definitely not from the stripes! and how often do you get fake punt, block kick, block punt all against you in one game. i will guess UND has some struggles still, bc i do not think you can count on that recipe for winning week after week, along with a fumble bouncing directly back into your arms while you are running in stride for a TD

Comment

• USD just beat number 7 ISUr. Insane. Every Valley team in the top 4 preseason, outside of UNI, just lost today. ISUr and NDSU losses look bad, while ours was a little better, but damn. Strange year. Need to regroup and try to finish 7-1, which might give us the conference championship if UND slips up. Just nutts.

Comment

• I have a hard time calling our O line a concern when Gronowski really had lots of time to throw today. And the run game got going in the second half in some ways. They just fell apart when things went south. Idk, but you could tell after that first UND drove of the second half that it was going to be just like last week. This time there wasn't a comeback. We could be 0-2 at this point without the long, late drive last week. We just got beat, and some key mistakes contributed.

Comment

Working...
                                X