UNI GDT (Spring 2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI GDT (Spring 2021)

Let's get this rolling! I'm sticking with my prediction of SDSU 24- UNI 17. Big game from Pierre and Tucker Kraft.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

This has been a long time coming and I'm absolutely stoked to finally have jackrabbit football again..

My prediction for our first play on offense: 12 personel, play action pass to to the boundary for a 12 yard out.. Not sure why, but I feel like our coaches like to set the tone of confidence with our first play from scrimmage, and given the QB uncertainty, I think it'll be a vote of confidence in whoever is under center.

18-10 Jacks

Comment

Any update on starting quarterback?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Any update on starting quarterback?
        It truly is unbelievable how tightly they've been able to keep it under wraps. Other than a leak on this forum a few days ago I haven't heard or seen anything/anybody posting it on social media. Good job Jackrabbits!

Comment

is it impossible to think we might see multiple guys get more than insignificant snaps at QB? i know the saying if you have more than one starting QB you have zero starting QB but i am not sure that is the case here. it sure would be nice if everyone who does not get the majority of snaps this spring does not leave before the fall season. i absolutely believe that the coaches have very good and long standing relationships with j gibbs so maybe he would stay even if not starting. seems possible we will always have to work very hard to keep any quality depth at this position

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
            is it impossible to think we might see multiple guys get more than insignificant snaps at QB? i know the saying if you have more than one starting QB you have zero starting QB but i am not sure that is the case here. it sure would be nice if everyone who does not get the majority of snaps this spring does not leave before the fall season. i absolutely believe that the coaches have very good and long standing relationships with j gibbs so maybe he would stay even if not starting. seems possible we will always have to work very hard to keep any quality depth at this position
            And we have another good one coming in next fall in Cade Rice!

Comment

I think it just goes to show where SDSU is at as a program. 10 years ago we never had 4 quality QB's on the roster who we though would be able to start. Look at the big FBS schools, they bring in 5 stars year after year at QB. They either become the man or not. Usually if they aren't they transfer and find a place somewhere else. Plus the fact we can get better athletes now that we have in the past. No knock on Austin Sumner, but he wouldn't be ready to start after being on campus for 5 months. He was a great QB for us, but it took some time. I would be shocked if Grownowski, Gibbs, Heide, Hunter are all with us by the time August comes around. Maybe Hunter with him switching to a utility guy, at WR, RB. Coaches even though they want everyone to stay, they know that some will leave. Cant keep everyone happy.

I don't think the UNI coaches are reading our board looking for who is going to start. If so, why not all of us throw a name out there, and confuse them.
              I love the first play call, I agree, fake to Pierre, and boot/ roll out hitting Tucker or Heins.

Jacks 28-24.. Special Teams will be huge in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post

I don't think the UNI coaches are reading our board looking for who is going to start. If so, why not all of us throw a name out there, and confuse them.
                UNI, no. They barely have the $ to get their website updated. Other teams in our conference, absolutely. They have student staff and/or GAs who read and dissect every blog, website, YouTube video, hype video and news article that goes out looking at formations and personnel or any little tip. I know that sounds crazy but its true. I think it was the TCU coach a few years ago who was surprised how open the program was with their pre-season position previews that they produced in house.

Comment

Is KELO streaming the game ? Can't find anything on their website.

Comment

Gronowski starting at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Yes, on Keloland.com. Usually, they'll have a banner at top of screen nearer airtime. Otherwise, "Watch" link generally works.

Comment

Gronowski starting at QB.
                        Interested to see what he brings. I think Jacks' defense is going to surprise (and decrease pressure on QB)

Comment

They have a banner/link up now

Comment

Excellent blocking by Gronowski on that long PSJ run

Comment

And Justin Surrency, UNI alum, calls Jacks "San Diego State"

Comment

Working...
                              X