Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think they've publicly announced it... but

Comment

Well, that'll certainly add to the challenge of our offense moving the ball Friday night. It was going to be tough no matter what, so it may not have a big impact on who got the start. Everything I've heard is the Grownoski has the ability, and it'll be probably the best (or second best) defense he faces all year right out the gate. If our o line gets a good push in the run game, that will help a ton. If we are asking really any of our qbs to sit back in the pocket to move the ball downfield in this game, I think we are in trouble. Lots of runs, play action, and roll out bootlegs might be the ticket. And holding onto the damn ball. If we start coughing it up like the 2019 season, we are in for a long spring.

Comment

Neither Gibbs or Heide had seen any college action before they started games in the 2019 season. If it is Gronowski, he has the advantage of being in the program for 6 months, which basically makes him a redshirt freshman.

Comment

A couple things. Gibbs still isn't 100% and may never be. There is also some "Covid fatigue" going on which has led to quite a bit of attrition across the college sports landscape. Heide has unexplainably regressed. Not sure if it is the yips or what as it sounds like he has done everything that has been asked of him from a workout and studying standpoint. It's just not coming together on the field. Gronowski is really good too. He played a high level of ball in Illinois, was part of the Midwest Boom 7 on 7 program, and had a private QB coach (Throw It Deep). If the coaches think he gives us the best chance to win then I'm all in!
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            A couple things. Gibbs still isn't 100% and may never be. There is also some "Covid fatigue" going on which has led to quite a bit of attrition across the college sports landscape. Heide has unexplainably regressed. Not sure if it is the yips or what as it sounds like he has done everything that has been asked of him from a workout and studying standpoint. It's just not coming together on the field. Gronowski is really good too. He played a high level of ball in Illinois, was part of the Midwest Boom 7 on 7 program, and had a private QB coach (Throw It Deep). If the coaches think he gives us the best chance to win then I'm all in!
            For sure, they know what they're doing and I'm sure he's going to give us the best chance to win. I've wondered that about Gibbs, and I think that's a really poor break for the kid. What seemed like such a minor hit on the field might cost him years of starting college ball. I would feel better about our passing game if we had more proven experience at WR. The TEs should help a lot, but man I hope we can develop some good downfield connections with more than just the TEs for whichever QB is the main guy. We are definitely going to be able to run on people and the early season will allow us to lean heavily on the run game, but the passing game has to develop if we want to beat defenses like ISUr, NDSU, etc. I'm hoping we can grow into a well balanced offense as the spring progresses. Our first two games being in domes should help from a condition standpoint to get some report going between Grownowski and the WR/TE corps.

And, who knows, this might be the time and place for a well timed swing pass to the RB group too.

Comment

I wonder if we will see the two deep and notes for UNI game today?

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post
                Don't think they've publicly announced it... but
                But... You figured it would be a good idea to post it on a public forum anyway...?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I wonder if we will see the two deep and notes for UNI game today?
                  On the radio show last night Stig said that nothing is official until everyone passes a final COVID test on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

But... You figured it would be a good idea to post it on a public forum anyway...?
                    Sheesh. "Lighten up Francis" !

Comment

Depth chart is in the game notes. A few surprises in there.

Comment

Xavier Ward injured? Not on depth chart.
                        *Saw that Zim had a report that stated Ward had an injury

Levi Brown?

Thomas Motzko?
                        *Motzko is listed as 2nd Long Snapper. I thought he would be higher up on LB chart
                        Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 02-17-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Xavier Ward injured? Not on depth chart.
                          Levi Brown?
                          Thomas Motzko?

Assuming they may be in COVID protocol?
                          Still doesn't nail down starters for a number of positions, including QB. Says Gibbs or Heide or Gronowski. Same for two LB positions and three DB's. And do we really need Pierre Strong returning kicks ?

Comment

Karst Hunter moving to WR is intriguing. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but every player on the TE and WR depth chart is from SD. Also interesting to see Brandon Lane listed as a NT, instead of DE or DT. I wonder if that's going to be his permanent position, or if he'll play multiple positions.

Comment

Some odds came out on Bookmaker today.
                              Here are their lines for the MVFC this weekend, there are no over/under numbers posted at this time.

SDSU -2.5 @ UNI
                              SIU -3 @ UND
                              NDSU -23 vs YSU
                              Illinois St.-6 @ MSU (postponed unitl April 17th)

Comment

UNI offense looks good on paper. Jacks defense will need to play well and keep this a low scoring game. UNI will stop the running game and make Gibbs or whoever beat them with the passing game where the Jacks are inexperienced. Huge game right away on the road will make or break the short season and possible playoff chances. Each game this spring could depend so much on covid19 testing and players available each week. Hope Stig has them ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X