No announcement yet.

Renewing 2020 Football Season Tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody heard anything regarding reduced ticket availability for home games this year? I haven't called the ticket office in a little while, but I'm wondering how they will handle the priority list of they cap fans at 30 or 50 % of capacity. Id like to think that we have a small enough number of season ticket holders that they will just let all season tickets in and only sell a small number of single game tickets. I hope they don't ask season ticket holders to pick which games they can attend or cut their allotment down. If they are going to reduce capacity, it needs to come from single game tickets first, not students or season ticket holders. This might be a great opportunity for the department to promote season ticket sales as the only guaranteed way to watch Jacks games in person for the 2020-21 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      Has anybody heard anything regarding reduced ticket availability for home games this year? I haven't called the ticket office in a little while, but I'm wondering how they will handle the priority list of they cap fans at 30 or 50 % of capacity. Id like to think that we have a small enough number of season ticket holders that they will just let all season tickets in and only sell a small number of single game tickets. I hope they don't ask season ticket holders to pick which games they can attend or cut their allotment down. If they are going to reduce capacity, it needs to come from single game tickets first, not students or season ticket holders. This might be a great opportunity for the department to promote season ticket sales as the only guaranteed way to watch Jacks games in person for the 2020-21 season.
      I haven't heard anything, but when I check my priority ranking (assuming that's accurate) the denominator is 8,987, and I'm almost certain that combines at least football and basketball season ticket holders. Assuming all of those individuals attend games, that's still under 50 percent. Plus, it seems likely at least 1/3 of the group are BB-only ticket holders.

Nevertheless, it would definitely be great to have an update, at least on what's being considered.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I haven't heard anything, but when I check my priority ranking (assuming that's accurate) the denominator is 8,987, and I'm almost certain that combines at least football and basketball season ticket holders. Assuming all of those individuals attend games, that's still under 50 percent. Plus, it seems likely at least 1/3 of the group are BB-only ticket holders.

Nevertheless, it would definitely be great to have an update, at least on what's being considered.
        Priority ranking is your Jackrabbit Club ranking which would have season ticket holders within it. I have not seen anything released but when I renewed my season tickets last month I asked and was told that no changes have been made to the season so SDSU is working as normal as any other season and if changes are made they would notify us. I did not ask about selling single game tickets or anything like that but I agree it would be a way to boost season ticket holder base if they only allow season ticket holders in. I also hope they can keep as many student seats open as possible, maybe a reduced capacity would drive students to want to attend???

Comment

I would hope those things would drive demand, but knowing our fan base, i could see a lot of people saying, "Well, screw it. I've got better things to do anyways. I'm not paying extra to watch the same 2 games I usually watch." Same with students. Scarcity doesn't always drive up demand. They've been doing the pre scan thing for students for years for the NDSU or USD game, but they never have enough students pre scan to "lock out" those that didn't. I'm sure it helped, but the idea behind it was to fill it up with 3,000 students who got on the bandwagon early.

If they announced right now that only season ticket holders and students would be allowed admission and made sure they marketed it hard, I'm guessing we could add a few thousand more season ticket holders. Whether or not they would renew the next year would be interesting to see.

Ideally, we can just go about business as usual this fall. An early October game against USD should draw a bigger crowd than the November games against the yotes, and we aren't really in a position to be turning fans away. I just want them to do right by the season ticket holders if things have to change.

Comment

My gut feeling is that it will be pretty much normal at sporting events at SDSU this year, but my gut feeling and $10 will get you a decent coffee at Starbucks.

Actually, no amount of money can get you a decent coffee at Starbucks, so . . . um . . . I forgot my point.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sell was on with Jeff Thurn ESPN 99.1 last week. Sell said no decisions have been made. So much changes from week-to-week.

Comment

In club seating, how will the spacing requirements be applied? There are some who are regular “no shows

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Let's not drive this thread to the smack section with USD commentary..

I'll wear a facemask if I have to...can you imagine the muffled cheers? Fans with facemasks could be funny. Will the bookstore sell yellow and blue facemasks?
                  Just in case you're interested in Jacks-themed masks.

Comment

Loooking for club tickets for March 13th. Anyone have any available?

Comment

Working...
                    X