North Dakota State University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota State University

Yep, 89rabbit, my State flag, dipped to half-mast in mourning overnight, has now been replaced by the Broncos Orange and Blue (what am I doing in KC, you ask?). OK, I don't have real flags flying, but I can see 'em anyway.

Even in defeat, I'm pretty happy with how the defense kept hanging in there throughout the game. I think they finally wore down towards the end, but too many mistakes, too many turnovers will do that to you.

We're going to beat some people yet this year. Crushing Augie and USD are always things to be worked for. But, first things first: UNO.

And, I'm pretty jacked (no pun intended) to see Game 1 of the DI-AA Bison-Jack rivalry next year.

See you in D1, BisonKent!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As long as were discussing flags, You can buy the 3x5 flag with the same logo as the Jacks wear on their helmet at the sporting goods store on Main St. in Brookings. (I cant remember the name but its the only one) The SDSU bookstore also sells a pretty cool banner for display. My flag flys on all game days (BB & FB) And to be honest, it was sad when I took it in last night, but its now replaced with the Houston Texans flag. but enough about that.
      The Jacks can rebound and still have a great season. I think its imperative we get a win in Omaha next week. I think we can run the table after that, SCSU, and maybe und, may give us trouble but we can still muster a 9-2 or at 8-3 season. We played well until the fumble return for a TD to end the half, I think the game turned on that play. NDSU is a great team, and its hard to recover emotionally from that play.

Comment

Thanks guys you are raising my sprits.  So filbert you are a Broncos fan, who knew.  I of course am a Vikings fan first, but since I have lived in KC since '91 I have taken on the Chief as my AFC team.  It only comes into conflict every once and awhile (like this year).

The name of the Sporting goods store is Sports Connection.  I played HS football with the owner.  It is a cool flag, but my wife says I have to wear out the one I had made before I can get it.  Wives, what ya going to do?

I agree we should still have a great season, feeling pretty good about the Augie and USD match ups.  We still have a chance at the playoffs if we can run the table.  The UNO game is huge in that respect.  I am thinking of making the drive to Omaha next week, if I can find someone to watch my son (he is not quite 2 yet so I don't think he would sit through a game, he is however a Jr. Jack) my wife is teaching Saturday.  Their of course are her folks, but they will be watching him most of Sunday as we head out to Arrowhead. So I don't know if I can press my luck.  Anyone else going?

I also think you are right UND and SCSU are the next toughest.  I think UND is very beatable, and anything can happen on Hobo Day.  Should be a fun rest of the Season.  Talk to you guys later it is time for some NFL football.  

Good luck to the Broncos (can't beleive I typed that)  
        Good luck to the Texans

Go Vikes
        Go Chiefs

Comment

I only caught parts of the game on the internet, so can any one that went to the game tell me what happened to our running game? Watson broke the century mark for 3 consectutive games, then we net a total of 12 yards rushing as a team. Also, why did they bring in Kardoes? Was Nelson having a rough night, or was just to give Kardoes some playing experience? Hopefully we can rebound from this game fast and find out where we went wrong against NDSU. UNO should be a very tough team, but if our offense is in full effect we should beat them.

Comment

Charger
            I was at the game. Without a doubt in my mind the NDSU defense was the best we have faced all year.

What bugs me is that in Nebraska, Craig Bohl was worthless as a defensive co-ordinator and was fired.

He gets hired by NDSU and starts the season with out a doubt in my mind with the best defense in D2 and maybe even D1AA. His Defensive coorindator Burrows ran a defensive set that could stop the run and a pass. They had guys that were quick. Although I did not see their game with Montana, but I think their defense played a quiet role in that they kept the offense off the field and the Montana Defense on in the second half.

There at least six defense guys on the line and many were getting to both Nelson and Watson quickly. Watson could not get to the weak side at all. They seem to often have him rapped up before he got to the line of scrimmage. So this is why he got only 12 yards. The board that tracks rushing was showing a negative amount for most of the first half.

The call where Shepard picked up the fumble and ran it in for a TD according to the Fargo Forum was a bit controversial in that Nelson's hand was in forward motion he lost the ball. SDSU did not get the call, but even if we had on this play, sooner or later NDSU would have gotten a big defensive play off us. NDSU came prepared defensively and that why Watson was stopped. I dont know what he could have done differently, but I am sure this game will be a lesson in one way or another. Guys like Shepard got around our fat boys as Coach Stig calls the the offensive lineman.

Comment

As dissappointed as I am in the way we played I think we can still salvage a good season with a win over UNO. We then play 5 of the last 6 at home. I don't know if some of the rest of you heard Coach Stig comments after the game. He sure didn't sound like a coach that lost 28-0. He still seems so totally engrossed in the defense that he has no clue what we are doing offensively. No adustments at the half that seemed to do any good. Kudos to the Bison defense for a well played game however we have better talent than to get shut out by anyone. I can't remember them ever going down the field. I will say it was my first trip to the Fargo Dome and while I was impressed with the facilities I was not thrilled with the PA announcer and all the artificial noise to attempt to get the crowd into the game. As a Vikings season ticket holder I endure it but at a college game it just doesn't feel right. I will take the atmosphere of Coughlin Stadium and being outside anyday. Granted we need to take some lessons from the Bison on how to market but not to the pooint where it takes away from the game.

Comment

Working...
              X