Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota State University

Bisonguy posted this on the Bisonville Board:

Scott Walter will get the starting nod vs. SDSU at corner spot because of Bobby Babich's one game suspension.

Quote:Bison’s Babich suspended for one game
    By Jeff Kolpack  
    jkolpack@forumcomm.com
    The Forum - 09/26/2003

North Dakota State starting cornerback Bobby Babich was suspended for the team’s football game against South Dakota State Saturday for a violation of team rules.  

It was the second one-game suspension for the sophomore from Fargo South in two years. He sat the final game of the 2002 season for a similar violation.  

Bison head coach Craig Bohl, who made the announcement in a university release, did not comment on specifics of the violation.  

Babich, however, was cited by Fargo Police last Friday for minor in possession. The Bison did not play last Saturday.  

Bohl said sophomore Scott Walter will start in place of Babich.  

Babich started the first three games this season registering 12 tackles, one for lost yardage, and one pass breakup. He missed most of the University of Montana game with a concussion.

End of Story

Although one never likes to hear of a young man getting in trouble with the law, this is good news for the pass happy Jacks in their quest to beat the Bison in Fargo.  

Go Blue!

Comment

Is Babich one of the better NDSU best defensive backs?

Comment

I am no expert on Bison Football, but he has started all of NDSU's games.  There must be a reason that Scott Walter didn't beat him out during spring ball. I'll take the second string guy over the starter anytime.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Take Walters over Babich. Careful what you wish for.
          Walters is a player.

Comment

Brave little Bison.  Putting a happy face on a bad situation.  There is no way you can convice me that having your starter suspended is a good thing.

First your starter will have had most of the reps. in practice to get ready for us (two weeks worth).

Second with your second teamer starting and your starter not available, who will spell Walter when he get tired of chasing bunnies all over the the dome.

This one I don't know, but did Walter have a roll in your nickel and dime packages?  If so he will need to be replaced.

Lastly if he gets hurt who backs him up.

All that being said, I am not saying that Babich's suspension is crippling to your team.  It is a team sport and he is only one man, but losing a starter for a game is not a good thing.  Losing a CB when you are playing a team that loves to pass the ball is not a good thing (for you).    Good luck today Bison, we want to beat you at your best.

Go SDSU, beat NDSU!

Comment

Frank Irby, a JUCO transfer from Mississippi, plays on nickel and dime coverages. He might get some playing time with Walter at the corner spot.

If the SDSU QB doesn't have time to get the ball off, it doesn't matter who is in the Bison secondary. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
                Frank Irby, a JUCO transfer from Mississippi, plays on nickel and dime coverages. He might get some playing time with Walter at the corner spot.

If the SDSU QB doesn't have time to get the ball off, it doesn't matter who is in the Bison secondary.  ;D
                Our O-Line is BIG and experienced. I think Nelson will have plenty of time to throw the ball.

Go SOUTH Dakota State!

Comment

89'r I guess the only point I was making is that Walters is very capable and there will be no drop off
                  in talent. There is however, a tendendcy for freshman
                  and Juco's to come off assignments a little early.

Comment

dnk,

I hear what you are saying.  I know you guys will overcome it and bring your "A" game to the field.  We wouldn't want it any other way.  You know I like you guys, and wish you well every game except this one.  So its all good.  My only regret is that I can't be in Fargo.  I will be listening here in Kansas City on the Internet.  I expect a great game, and hope for a SDSU victory!  

Go SDSU!  

Comment

Hopefully we will all enjoy a good, clean, hard fought
                      ballgame and when the dust settles both teams
                      can hold their heads high.
                      Good luck to both.

Comment

I have the WNAX audio feed up and hissing white noise at me right now.

GO RABBITS!

Although I gotta say, this whole D1 thing has just shown how much SDSU and NDSU have in common...the schools are natural allies much more than rivals. I just hope that relationship grows...it will only help both schools (and both states, really).

So, from the SDSU remote outpost in Lee's Summit, Missouri: Go Bison, just not tonight.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oh, by the way, how 'bout them Jayhawks...KU 35, Missouri 14.

KU reminds me a lot of SDSU...great basketball, mediocre (or worse) football. But it looks like the times, they are a-changin'.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

OK...I'm in KC, I've got my ribs on the grill, just about ready, got a beer in my hand, got the Internet audio feed up and running . . .

Let's Rock!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert,

The SDSU flag is still flying on the western side of the metro as well.  A little sadder after the way the game turned out but still flying, until morning when the Chief flag takes its place.  I too have always thought that SDSU and KU have a lot of similarities.  Still plenty of time to have a meaningful football season this year, however next week is very important.  If all else fails we still have Basketball and that is a Rabbits first love anyway.

Go State!    

Comment

I hope the Jacks win the rest of their games including next week at Omaha. I think the Bison beat a very good team last night and should be right up there as the team to beat in the NCC this year. But Omaha and St. Cloud will be tough teams. There really isn't a week off type of game in the NCC (aside from possibly Mankato). You have to bring your "A" game every week if you want to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X