SDSU @ UCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU @ UCD

You can say that again. Tough 1st quarter (still 3 minutes left). Terrible performance with the exception of run defense. Can't blame the D when the O is not on the field. Poor punt coverage. Ags have started in our territory every time.

Now we fumble the kickoff, Davis ball. Are we this outclassed or are we under prepared? I suspect its a little of both. Now our D is on the field again. Couette may be hurt.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

UCD scores again, 17-0. We have horrible field position and now we fumbled a punt return. Davis has it on Jack 17 yard line again.

Comment

Is it too early to talk about coaching changes? Is it too early to talk about Basketball? This is embarassing. >

Comment

Its too early to lose confidence, please
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Time to break out the bourbon. There will be some hard lessons learned this year but this is nothing short of embarassing and a disaster at this point. Unless we win the next 3 quarters a lot of people will be saying "I told you so" and they won't be wrong.

Davis 24
            SDSU 0

Maybe a win over Peru St. isn't so bad. Just kidding. Things have to improve, they can't get worse. Keep your heads up boys. We need 3 solid quarters if we want to get back in this game.

Decent return, we start at the 18 yard line. I knew our kick return and kick coverage would be a problem. Seems our coaches never have our special teams ready early in the season.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Does anyone remember when SDSU's special teams were among the best in the country? Boy those days are sorely missed. If tonight's speical teams are any indication of the rest of the season we are in trouble with this third of the game. Early season or not, it's not too tough to figure out how to return a kick or to cover a kick for that matter.

Comment

who is the special teams coach this year??

we had some troubles with Stig in charge of them the past couple years

Comment

Wew, I'm glad that quarter is over.  If we don't give up 24 points in a quarter the rest my life I'll be happy.  24 freakin points in one quarter!!!

As Emming says, things can only get better.  Lets win the next 3 quarters or at least score.

Spoke to soon, picked-off.  Nelson is stinking things up right now.  Only 5 picks all last year now one returned for a touchdown.

Ugly, ugly, bf'in ugly.  We need to find some pride.

Hey bartender, one bourbon, one scotch, one beer.  At least our defense can rest.  

Comment

Can't wait for bigjake and maverick to show up tonight.

Shouldn't be any excuses out of anyone on this board. We've had the same amount of time to prepare as UCD so "it's early in the year" doesn't count. They're kickin our @s$ and will continue to the rest of the night.

Hopefully these guys can leave this game behind and improve as the year goes on. If not, could be a long one.

Comment

Stig may want to stick to the run game. We need to eat up some clock and keep our D off the field. Putting the ball back in their hands will not work out well for us.

Soccer team is tied with Creighton. Can a win by them salvage the night? Not likely.

Comment

This special teams in embarrassing. How can you not return a friggin kickoff.

On the bright side, I'm increasing my posts tonight so sometime soon I'll loose the New Guy status.

Soccer 0-0 at the half.

VB loses to Kearney 3-0 today.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll_Guy
                          This special teams in embarrassing.  How can you not return a friggin kickoff.

On the bright side, I'm increasing my posts tonight so sometime soon I'll loose the New Guy status.

Soccer 0-0 at the half.

VB loses to Kearney 3-0 today.
                          The magic # is 50 and you are approaching it.  Next you'll be gunning for 100.  Someone start a smack post bad mouthing the UNO guys.  That will keep 89 distracted while he deletes posts.

D is back out on the field.  They actually start in their own territory after a nice punt.  Lets turn them over.

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
                            who is the special teams coach this year??

we had some troubles with Stig in charge of them the past couple years
                            The offical website may not be up to date, but the site lists Doug McFadden as the special teams coach. They dont list the offensive coach nor the defense line coach that were hired last spring.

Comment

My memory isn't too well. Did Nelson face anything like this last year.

On the bright side our punter apparently can kick the ball really far. As long as we don't turn it over he'll have a gross average tonight.

Comment

Good stop by the defense...waiting for the punt...will throw in that Eric Eidsness coached Southwest State beat Waldorf 49-0, second shutout to open the season...I may adopt them as my playoff watch this year...and the punt...no fumble...that's a plus...OK, so it wasn't fielded.

I'll say I'm not a big Jerry Oester fan. He's pretty dry.

What's with the revolving tailbacks? The heat getting to them.

I'm guessing Nelson is out to watch a series and get his head straight. In games like this coaches will take a QB out of the line of fire to watch the defense and get his head on straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X