NDSU/SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU/SDSU

I come here to avoid politics. Can we keep the discussion on sports?

Comment

Really.......not the place for politics. :

Comment

Sorry that wasn't my intent :-[

Comment

Politics aside. Good luck to the Bison and the Jacks!!.
          What a great day for football in the Dakotas

Comment

As fate would have it I am currently sitting in the pre-op area waiting to start the first of two emergent cases. Best case scenario, no other cases today and I make it to the broadcast just in time for the kick. If I can't make it I will need some updates as the computers in the O.R. are not speaker equipped and I can't pick up WNAX in the O.R.

My prediction:

SDSU 27
            NDSU 24

Screw the Bison fans and their self-inflated opinions. Lets see them prove it on the field. Looking forward to a celebration across the prairies of South Dakota (and Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, etc...).
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
              I assume this is the official Game thread.

Can't wait till Saturday for this game.   Should be a great day for a game and tailgaiting: Sunny and breezy high of 74.

SDSU 24
              NDSU 21

GO STATE!!
              Jacks99 called this one exactly (and JackMD was pretty close). Hey Jacks99, don't keep us in suspense. What's the score going to be next Saturday? ;D

Oh, and gasoutherneagle predicted a three-TD victory for NDSU. Good effort, gasoutherneagle. Real close. Impressive.

How about those 'Rabbits!

Comment

State 152 Bye week 0

How's that???

Give me a week for the Montana State prediction ;D

That was a nailbiting drive at the end to say the least!!

Glad I was right!

Comment

Big Props to Jacks99!!!!
                  Exact Score - amazing.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I knew it would be hard fought. We have a better offensive balance and our defense has really stepped up. Our kicking (punting and FG kicking) is equal to or superior to any DI level team. If only our kickoffs and punt/kick coverage could improve we would be nearly unbeatable.

I watched every snap/play of the game carefully. If we don't give up field position on horrible kick returns compounded by penalties we win this game going away. Even with a young, inexperienced secondary we had the better defensive team tonight and we are clearly better on offense.

Clean up the kickoffs and kick/punt coverage teams and we are on par with the best teams at the DIAA level, fact. I challenge anyone to dispute that.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Hey Jack fans,

Congrats on the win! I didn't get to see the game (grumble), but it sounds like that last drive was gut-check time and SDSU responded. This Bison team needs to learn how to win close games on the road (same problem as last year). They had a chance to do it last night on a couple of fourth down plays and didn't get it done. Good luck the rest of the season - I am rooting for you guys, as it only makes the NDSU-SDSU package more attractive for the Big Sky.

Craig

Comment

Congrats Jacks.

A great game and about the best type of game to get the "rivalry" going (albeit I don't like the outcome).

Comment

I've tried to post on every forum I could find but my congratulations may have been lost. You guys have a great coach in Stig and your team defended their home turf like wounded bears rather than rabbits.

What a game to "start" a rivalry!

However, I'd like to keep the rivalry friendly and don't like the talk about NDSU players being thugs - I hate that kind of thing. We don't need another rival like UND constantly saying, "Our guys are angels and yours are devils." The refs can control the level of chippiness as they see fit... it's not like there wasn't some of that on both sides - just be happy you got the win.

Comment

Thanks Tony, it was a great game.  I agree about keeping the rivalry friendly.  I haven't been out of Jackrabbit football long and the Bison players were always good sports.  They were proud and confident, but there is nothing wrong with that because we are too.  However a little good natured trash talking on the boards is ok with me, but I agree that calling them thugs is unfair.

By the way, I appreciate all the congrats from you Bison fans. It takes a big person to do that. Good luck to the Bison the rest of the year, and we will see you in Fargo next year.

Comment

Thanks for the proper perspective, Tony. Didn't mean to offend with my earlier comments referring to the bison players as cheap. Football by nature leads to aggression.

Fact is we should all be extremely proud of and for the SDSU players and coaches acrossed all of the sports. They have embraced the move to DI and are approaching it with an enthusiasm and desire that will garuntee long-term success. No one could have predicted that things would go this well, this soon. Scheduling, recruiting, and competition could not be at a higher level. Hopefully facilities managment will follow. God its good to be a Jackrabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                                I've tried to post on every forum I could find but my congratulations may have been lost. You guys have a great coach in Stig and your team defended their home turf like wounded bears rather than rabbits.

What a game to "start" a rivalry!

However, I'd like to keep the rivalry friendly and don't like the talk about NDSU players being thugs - I hate that kind of thing. We don't need another rival like UND constantly saying, "Our guys are angels and yours are devils." The refs can control the level of chippiness as they see fit... it's not like there wasn't some of that on both sides - just be happy you got the win.
                                The first NDSU-SDSU game that I witnessed in person in Fargo was at Decotah field in 1987. I was impressed with the fans and Bison team then and I am still impressed. A few personal fouls, hardly earns the title of thugs. You can bet Coach Bohl and staff will deal with these miscues this coming week just as the Jack Staff has a few of these things to handle too. Some players will get to do some additional excercise in the form of laps, but it will be handled.

Winona State I believe is one of the best coached and disciplined programs in D2. There were a couple frustration personal fouls in that game, that I never expected to see. I sure Coach Sawyer was very disappointed, but dealt the following week with this problem.

Losing to some opponent which you honestly feel is one that you can beat does bring out frustrations. Jacks are no different, and for the most part, stopping with the whistle is hard to do.

Last night on one play the refs seem to have swallowed their whistles and we did have off setting penalites as the extra curricular stuff started to get out of hand. Thats a ref problem. :

The Bison nation still have reasons to be proud of your team. There were a lot of gold and green in Brookings last night, but all got on the hiway and headed north at the end of the game. There were no bombfires, cars with SDSU insignas turned over and burned and no riots, if anything, our campus police learned how to direct traffic north of staduim. ;D ;D
                                To think the Jacks come north next year. UGH. : : :

Comment

Working...
                                X