Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU/SDSU

Originally posted by gasoutherneagle

In the State of Georgia, when attacked, deadly force is sometimes allowed.

In the state of Georgia, cousins marrying cousins is common practice.

Comment

Easy - play nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jack100

Actually, that's illegal here...

...unlike the backwaters of South Dakota. :

Nice defense, though.

Since you've obviously married yours. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jack100

They don't marry them they just date them!!!!!!

Ideal date in georgia is when both sets of teeth add up one complete set. Everyone has to have a goal! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Interesting side note in Georgia:

Every male child's middle name is BOB.

Every female child's middle name MAE.

All the rest are named Talon or Gas-out-hernia-glee-club. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Actually, my middle name is David.  My father was a Dentist (graduate of Emory University, the Ivy of the South) before his death four years ago, so I've got a full set of teeth, as does she.  My wife's name is Suzanne and we're no relation.

I'm of German descent and my family has lived in GA since coming here in 1796.  She is Creek Indian, so her family has been here a lot longer.  

JBNJBQ your steriotypic view of the South shows your obvious ignorance on the subject.  Perhaps you ought to actually spend some time here before passing judgement.

Let me guess, the only part of GA you've seen is the interstate offramp when you stopped for gas on the way to Yankee occupied Florida.

Comment

Ivy of the South, that's funny

when touring grad schools a few years back, i heard a bunch of ridiculous stuff like that, ie "Harvard of the Midwest"

hehehe

Comment

I work at the University of Oklahoma, the Yale of Norman, Oklahoma.

In fairness to gasoutherneagle, Emory does have a lofty academic reputation, particularly in medical fields. And I spent several weeks living in Georgia when I worked at the 1996 Olympics and it is really a beautiful place.

Comment

for those who know, yes Emory is a very good school, but any allusion to other institutions is just plain silly imo

that is unless you guys want to refer to yourselves as the NDSU of South Dakota , which you'll probably want to think about doing after we hand you your hats on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by gasoutherneagle

JBNJBQ your steriotypic view of the South shows your obvious ignorance on the subject.  Perhaps you ought to actually spend some time here before passing judgement.

Let me guess, the only part of GA you've seen is the interstate offramp when you stopped for gas on the way to Yankee occupied Florida.
                    It is true there is not much in Georgia to make a person want to stay there very long. I have visited Atlanta a couple of times. Spent time down town rubbing shoulders with the locals. I have traveled extensively in the south. I am not impressed!

Have you ever visited the Dakota's? You seem to think you know quite a bit about our football team's ability to play. That shows your ignorance on the subject!

You are lucky your dad was a dentist! You may have the only full set of teeth in Georgia! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I like that the NDSU of South Dakota.  

NDSU has a chance to be a top 10 team this season.  If Cal Poly can keep wining or UCD keeps winning we will get a shot at one of them when they are in the top 10.  If we win out I dont see how we can be under 15.  

If you guys win out you will have two losses.   In light of this Saturdays game and all it seems more likely your best shot is a 3 loss season?

Comment

Got to move this thread to smack. JBB --- after a long summer's nap --- has awakened. He has an edge to him and thus needs the smack treatment. Jack Be Nimble Jack Be Quick can try to beat the crap out of him there.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB
                          If we win out I dont see how we can be under 15.  

If you guys win out will you have two losses.   In light of this Saturdays game and all it seems more likely your best shot is a 3 loss season?
                          I don't think there is a prayer for the Jacks to win out, and only a slighter better chance for the Bison.

Comment

Mixing polictics with sports:

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aber...ws/9859901.htm

Senators from the Dakotas have placed a friendly wager on the outcome of Saturday's North Dakota State-South Dakota State football matchup.

Sens. Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan, both D-N.D., have put up a box of Lewis and Clark candy bars, made by a Mandan company, and a box of Widman's Chipperz chocolate-covered potato chips, made in Grand Forks.

Sen. Tom Daschle, D-S.D., is betting 50 gallons of ice cream from the Dairy Bar on the SDSU campus.
                            I think Daschle will have to find someone to help him eat all that food ;D

Comment

*No politics please - the moderator

Comment

*No politics please - the moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X