Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prediction time: GSU-SDSU

Wesley,

No you said "beat most of the I-A Top 25" big difference from play with some of the top 25.  Seems to me your mouth is writing checks that your team can't cash.  You are a GSU fan.  How many I-A top 25 team have you beaten in your storied 20 years of football?

Again, I understand that GSU is a premier I-AA program, but I agree with most on the board that you have a long ways to go before you are beating the Top 25 of I-A on a regular basis. :

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Eagles!  ;D

Comment

Since the subject of talent level was brought up, I thought I would take a moment to enlighten some the GSU fans on something.

Number of current GSU players in the NFL: 2. (Adrien Peterson - 4th string RB for my beloved Bears and Kiwaukee Thomas who has 1 tackle all year for the Jags)
      Number of current SDSU players in the NFL: 3. (Those three are Adam Timmerman- winner of 2 superbowls, Adam Viniatieri - winner of 2 superbowls and future Hall of Famer, and Steve Heiden - 2nd round draft pick of the SD Chargers. You may have seen Steve Heiden highstepping into the endzone last week for the Cleveland Browns.)

Now, I know none of the players I listed were able to play on a level higher than lowly DII, but they were somehow able to have the talent necessary to make the NFL and excel to the point where SDSU gets several mentions during Monday Night football every time the Rams, Patriots or Browns make an appearance.

Our talent level is just fine, and will only get better when we increase our scholarship level to that of GSU.

- GW

"You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Also Scott Connot (Safety) who just graduated, is on the KC Chiefs' practice squad.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

I think this game will turn into a one-sided track meet.GSU has algreat deal of speed on both sides of the ball. This game will never be that close 56-7 GSU, with the wabbits scoring one towards the end of the game...Something else that no one else has really brought up..The high temperature for tomorrows game is going to be around 86 degrees, with it being a bit warmer on the field...SDSU will wear down under the hot/humid georgia heat...It's goin to be a hot one tomorrow...

56-7 Eagles Win in a walk over

Comment

SDSU 28

GSU 14

History 101:

The south thought they had a pretty good army during the civil war too. They found out though that the Sherman Offense was more than just talk. Scortch and Burn! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

SDSU   28

GSU     14

History 101:

The south thought they had a pretty good army during the civil war too. They found out though that the Sherman Offense was more than just talk. Scortch and Burn! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
              only UGA has held us to 28 points. funny how you think your defense is better than uga's. i'll certainly be back here after the game reading your excuses about why we scored more than 14 on your d.

Comment

There is no doubt that GSU is an excellent team. I am not familiar with your conference or the teams that you have played this year but you have beat them easily. The game that keeps coming up is the U of GA game and how you hung with them. I was curious to see what GSU fans would predict if they played GA Tech.

I hope that our SDSU Jacks can hang with the eagles today and make a great game of it.

GO JACKRABBITS

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks_Backer
                  There is no doubt that GSU is an excellent team.  I am not familiar with your conference or the teams that you have played this year but you have beat them easily.  The game that keeps coming up is the U of GA game and how you hung with them.  I was curious to see what GSU fans would predict if they played GA Tech.  

I hope that our SDSU Jacks can hang with the eagles today and make a great game of it.

GO JACKRABBITS
                  that's easy. we'd win. tech WILL NOT play us. they will schedule games with other teams from our conference as well as d-1aa, but they refuse to play us. that's a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by gseagle

that's easy. we'd win. tech WILL NOT play us. they will schedule games with other teams from our conference as well as d-1aa, but they refuse to play us. that's a fact!

SDSU is having the same problem with Minnesota, Nebraska, & Oklahoma. SDSU would win but they WILL NOT play us. It is a fact because I said it is so.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                      Wesley,

No you said "beat most of the I-A Top 25" big difference from play with some of the top 25. Seems to me your mouth is writing checks that your team can't cash. You are a GSU fan. How many I-A top 25 team have you beaten in your storied 20 years of football?

Again, I understand that GSU is a premier I-AA program, but I agree with most on the board that you have a long ways to go before you are beating the Top 25 of I-A on a regular basis. :

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Eagles! ;D

Ok, thats cool, but the other guy also said we coud play with "a lot" of top 25 teams, not some. The reason we haven't beaten many I-A teams is because we play the premier teams of I-A. Those that we have played that I can recall are Miami, Florida State, UGA, and Oregon State in 1999 when they were pretty good(or was it 2000 they were good?). Anyways, I think thats a pretty good reason we aren't winning I-A games. We're not playing the bottom half of I-A, we're playing the cream of the crop when we play them. So i'm writing checks that my team cant cash huh, well i'm about 1.5 hours we'll be cashing in about 7 or 8 touchdowns on your ****ty little program. You have never even seen Georgia Southern play a game in your life, you dont know if we can play with I-A schools so if you are ignorant to Georgia Southern football, just keep your mouth shut because for all you know, other than what we have told you, we run a shotgun offense going 5 wide every down.

Comment

So your long winded answer is GSU has NEVER beaten a top 25 I-A team.  As you can see, from my post that you quoted, I believe that GSU is a premier I-AA program but you still have NEVER beaten a top 25 I-A team, so your mouth IS writing checks your team can't cash.

Comment

Originally posted by jack100

SDSU is having the same problem with Minnesota, Nebraska, & Oklahoma.  SDSU would win but they WILL NOT play us.  It is a fact because I said it is so.
                          it's a fact was a reference to tech not scheduling us. my opinion that we'd win., but we'll never know because they won't play us. reading comprehension must not be your thing little-peter, rabbit.

Comment

You're right. We haven't had a win against a 1A team. The only 1A teams that have scheduled us are: Florida State, Miami, Auburn, Georgia, Oregon State and East Carolina. We flew across the country to play Oregon State a few years ago and lost 48-41. We had the ball inside their 20 when time ran out. Their coach said never again. OSU was a bowl team that year.

Lost to East Carolina up there on a last play field goal. and the coach said never again.

I'd dare say that any 1-AA program would have their hands full against such teams. When you can only schedule the best teams in the country at their place, it's pretty tough to get a win. Except for OSU and ECU, those games were played when those teams were in the national championship hunt, and with the exception of one game at Miami and one at Florida, we were in the game well into the third quarter.

It's tough when none of the 1A programs outside of the elite ones will give you a shot. Believe me, we've been begging.

Comment

Working...
                            X