X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNC page and BSC

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
    Sportsbuff,
    NDSU has great athletic programs and tradition in Football, Women's Basketball, Track, Wrestling, etc.  
    SDSU has great athletic programs and tradition in Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Cross Country, Wrestling, etc.  

Why are they a more storied program?
    NDSU has 20 team national championships. Thats a pretty storied program if you ask me. Once again, this is not a knock on SDSU, they have a pretty storied program themselves, but it doesn't compare to NDSU. Thats all I'm saying. This is a fact that is tough to argue, but I have a feeling a bunch of you will want to.

Comment

jackrabbit1979 ,

I'd say that most of the talking you stated is more of a "sibling ribbing" type of speech, rather than true sentiment.

Comment

I do not hold NDSU above SDSU as an institution. I don't think you'll find many Bison fans (at least ones who know what they're talking about) that do. Do I think NDSU has a better football program than SDSU? Yes. Do I think SDSU has a better mens' basketball program than NDSU? Yes. Do I think all other sports are roughly equal? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Am I misunderstanding you when I say that you think I don't know what I'm taking about and can't have a valid opinion on any D-I school because I cheer for a DII school? Thats what it sounds like you are saying but I know that can't be. That would be too absurd.  Thats like saying my opinion couldn't add anything to a BCS discussion in college football because I follow the NCC.  I have followed plenty of D-I schools to if that makes my opinion any more worthy.  How long does one have to be a fan of D-I athletics to realize NDSU has had a richer tradition in sports than SDSU?  Or does one have to graduate from one of those schools to be able to figure it out?
          Being that I do follow the NCC as you alluded to I find myself very qualified to give my opinion on the strength and tradition of programs that have participated in the NCC.
          Whoa there counselor, let me try to explain. By the way, thanks for listing your credentials for us.

I should have been more specific by saying "your allegiance to a certain DII school" (a former rival of ours whose fans have been known to harbor hard feelings about our "abandonment" of the NCC) may bias your opinions regarding the traditions, accomplishments, and potential present at SDSU.

In no way, shape, or form did I suggest that you shouldn't share your opinions on this topic or any others. I just cautioned you about the way they might be interpreted. I suspect considering how you appear to those of us who frequent this board is of little concern to you.

Lastly, let me apologize for seeming "absurd" in my comment regarding your very objective and factual quote regarding SDSU athletics. Clearly, you are an expert on our past. Perhaps you could provide some insight for our future? Any suggestions? I know, I didn't need to ask.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What has past , has past. This thread sounds like a bunch of guys sitting around talking about how good of High School players they were 35 years ago. Last season is gone and this season is what matters.

In the end both SDSU and NDSU are equal in the big picture. Both schools have a lot to offer and will make each other better. If both get into the BSC, they will be a better conference right away "Instant impact"

UNC and SUU also are great schools and would be great additions too.

Please keep in mind though Bison still goes great with ketchup. "Bison it's what’s for dinner" ;D

My opinion UND and USD need to stay where they are.

Comment

I agree Kid Dakota, as I read the thread I kept hearing Bruce signing Glory Days in my head. I guess that means the reading was worthwhile.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
              X