X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football players looking for a new place to li

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
    http://www.sdsucollegian.com/news/881317.html?mkey=448723

The article in the Collegian lists the address at 1222 3rd st, which would be between 12 and 13th ave's and also directly south of the campus 7 blocks.  That used to be a very nice neighborhood, with some faculty living on this street.
    I grew up on 2nd Street, across the alley and a couple houses down from the house in question. It remains a very nice neighborhood. If it is the house I am thinking of, it was probably the worst house on the block, but it's not a bad block by any means. It goes to show you what can happen to a nice neighborhood if uncaring slumlords start buying up property. I'm pretty sure that one of the houses across the street (NW corner of 3rd and 13th) that was a nice family home was recently bought up and turned into a nasty, 6 BR rental. It's for sale now, I see. Hopefully somebody will turn it back into a family home.

Isn't that area zoned to allow only only families or two unrelated persons per dwelling? Maybe the zoning enforcement needs to be enhanced to discourage the slumlords.

Comment

Working...
    X