Realistic Guesses for Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Realistic Guesses for Next Season

That's why we play the games......then the odds makers don't decide it, the teams do.........Best of luck to the Jacks in year 2 of DI-AA!!

Comment

Prepare for a loss to Texas State. Cats win by 10

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

...  Winning in Fargo should never be assumed and isn't expected by me this year.  ...
        Thats for sure. NDSU has won 20 straight from SDSU in Fargo going into this seasons game.

Losses: Montana, GSU, NDSU

On the bubble: Cal Poly, UCD, UNC

Wins: Wis. La Crosse, Valpo (really a lot like Augi), Tejas St., Rolla, S Utah,

Comment

I would LOVE SDSU victories at Missoula and against GSU in Brookings. This Bison fan will be pulling hard for the Jacks in those contests!

Comment

....there.....had to get my 50th post!!

Comment

Guys,

Texas State is not as bad as you guys are making them out to be. They finished third in the Southland last year and went into the last week of the regular season with a chance at the conference title. The Bobcats lose very little this year from last year and very well could contend for the Southland title and a I-AA playoff spot this season.

Personally, I think SDSU will be around 7-4 or 6-5 at season's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison_Kent
                Guys,

Texas State is not as bad as you guys are making them out to be.  They finished third in the Southland last year and went into the last week of the regular season with a chance at the conference title.  The Bobcats lose very little this year from last year and very well could contend for the Southland title and a I-AA playoff spot this season.  

I'm in the 7-4 or 6-5 camp also. Record could be worse if the offense doesn't click with a new QB. Regardless of record, this is a landmark season for SDSU based on the home schedule alone.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Guys,

Texas State is not as bad as you guys are making them out to be.  They finished third in the Southland last year and went into the last week of the regular season with a chance at the conference title.  The Bobcats lose very little this year from last year and very well could contend for the Southland title and a I-AA playoff spot this season.  

From reading some of the posts on anygivensaturday.com, it seems as though Texas State is a lot like us. They haven't really been able to get over the hump in their conference but yet always seem to be in the hunt. Kind of stuck in the middle year after year. Sounds a little to familiar....

Comment

Guys,

Personally, I think SDSU will be better than most are predicting and will finish at 7-4 and the Bison will not be as good as many think and also finish at 7-4.

Comment

Texas St. has a nice program, and IMO, it should be very evenly matched. It will be a tough game for SDSU, However, its a game the Jacks should win -even on the road.
                      I think a 7-4 season would be very likely.

Comment

I think 8-3 will be a great season. 6-5 will be a disappointment. I guess I'm in for 7-4.

NDSU, Montana, Georgia Southern will be tough to win. If we steal one of those, the season will be a success no matter what the final record will be. Cal Poly, Texas State, UC Davis, Southern Utah, and Northern Colorado are all pretty much toss-ups. All are a bit of an uphill climb but I think we can win all of these games with a bit of luck. Our extravagant home schedule this year helps a lot. If we run the table on those five teams and steal one from the big three above, it will be a fabulous year. La Crosse, Valpo, Rolla--a loss to any of them and the season is an automatic disappointment.

So, 9-2 would be a remarkable year. 8-3 would be a big achievement. 7-4 would be a good year. 6-5 would be a minor disappointment. Any losing record would be very disappointing.

Still, we need to remember that we're still short what, 18 scholarships or so from what we'll be in I-AA? That's a full starting offense or defense, and some quality depth that isn't sitting on the Jackrabbit bench today. To be talking about 6-5 being disappointing is a major credit to our coaching staff and players.

Go Rabbits!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll agree with that analysis. With the easy games, I would like to at least see 6-5

Comment

Being the eternal optimist that I am.....I would love to see 8-3. I believe 7-4 is a very realistic record for us. I hate to see another 6-5 record, but considering the schlorship situation we may be at a disadvantage. I believe our first 30 - 40 players are as good as any one that we will play, but it is the depth that will get to us until we get to fully funded. Any way you look at it...the future is very bright.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Here's how I see the Jackrabbits schedule shaking out...

Sept. 3 Wisconsin-La Crosse (Shrine Game) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
                              W 45-20

Sept. 10 Valparaiso (Ind.) (Cereal Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
                              W 35-3

Sept. 17 Montana Missoula, Mont. 1:05 p.m. MT
                              L 17-35

Sept. 24 *Cal Poly (Beef Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
                              W 21-17

Oct. 1 Texas State San Marcos, Texas TBA
                              W 35-28

Oct. 8 *UC Davis Sioux Falls, S.D. (Howard Wood Field) 1 p.m.
                              W 31-21

Oct. 15 Open Date

Oct. 22 Missouri-Rolla (Hobo Day) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m.
                              W  48-7

Oct. 29 Georgia Southern Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.
                              L 21-48

Nov. 5 *Southern Utah Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.
                              W 24-14

Nov. 12 *North Dakota State Fargo, N.D. 6 p.m.
                              W  28-27--we're gonna finally get one up there and hold onto the Dakota Marker for another year  

Nov. 19 *Northern Colorado Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.
                              L 14-21 I've got a bad feeling about this one  
                              * Great West Football Conference game

How does 8-3 sound? Probably more like 7-4.  6-5 would be a disappointment.

Comment

My predictions:

Montana and Georgia Southern losses

NDSU- 40% chance of winning and our best chance in recent memory

Cal-Poly, UNC, Southern Utah- 80% chance of winning and a loss would be disappointing

UC-Davis- 60% chance of winning and would be great to get payback for last year

Texas State- 55% and our best shot at a road win

La Crosse, Valpo, Rolla all wins and major disappointment if we lose one of these

So if everything falls in place 9-2, 8-3 would be a great accomplishment, 7-4 would be expected, 6-5 major disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X