Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2005 Recruits

Originally posted by jackmd

Thanks for the info.  It would be selfish of any Jack's fan to be angry with Gerry's choice.  After all, it is his life and his choice.  I wish him the best of luck and look forward to seeing him play at the collegiate level.
    Thanks, we'll let him know. We also will be cheering for the Jacks and we wish them the best of luck.

Comment

I'm sure as many of the DIA teams firm up their choices we will have a better idea of who we can sign at the DIAA level. It will be interesting to see what calibre of athletes we are able to sign now that we have a little history of DIAA football under our belt. I wished we were on the same playing field as the Bison in terms of # of scholarships.

Comment

More news:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/c...iting07Z6.html

Recruiting rush heating up
        Take a close look at the players - and their suitors

Nick Piecoro
        The Arizona Republic
        Jan. 7, 2005 12:00 AM

There have been lots of looks but few commitments by area football players as the recruiting rush heats up before next month's signing period.

With the start of the national signing period set to begin Feb. 2, here's a school-by-school look at who's talking to whom. . . .

Chandler

Coach Jim Ewan said linebacker Isaiah Jackson has a trip scheduled to South Dakota State, a Division I-AA school in Brookings, and defensive back K.B. Stevenson will visit Hawaii. . . .

Hamilton

Linebacker Jimmy Rogers (South Dakota State, Adams State) is still undecided, as are linebacker Miles Posz and defensive back Justin Harper, both of whom are drawing interest from Colorado schools Adams State and Mesa State. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

Certainly expanding the web. We need speed,speed,speed wherever that may come from.

Comment

I noticed Nebraska is currently projected as having the top ranked recruiting class in 2005. Only 3 kids projected from Nebraska. If that is all the kids they recruit from the state it would lead you to believe there are a lot of good players left and no other DI or DIAA schools in the state. I think with Callahan at the helm you will see only the best of the best on the team from Nebraska which gives SDSU some good options to recruit from.

Comment

...and it sounds like the majority of people in Nebraska are not real fond of Callahan as it sits right now. That can only be good for a standup guy like Stig when it comes to recruiting. He was reason number 1 why I went to SDSU (when he was only the D Cord) and that was not an uncommon occurance.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Interesting story over on Minnesota Preps about recruits spurning offers from DIA schools and taking DIAA offers closer to home. Examples:

Keith Badger 6'2 185 lb QB from Cottage Grove was offered by Northern Illinois and is considering University of Wisconsin Stout. Jacks were reported to be after this guy. Great athlete was fifth in the state in the 200 meter.

James Ruffin offered by Ball State and is going to Northern Iowa. Jacks were also after this guy.
                Tyler Harris 6'4 200 considering offers from Ball State and NDSU.
                Ramon Humber linebacker from Champlin Park passed on offer from Wyoming and is going to NDSU.
                Noah Dombrovski was offered by Indiana and is going to DII UND.

Comment

When talking about a I-A school on a prep message board, "offered" many times means the coach asked, "Will you walk-on?". :-/

Comment

Jacks have Glen Fox of Cedar Rapids Prairie Iowa coming in for a recruiting visit on Sunday. He is 6'2 170 and runs the 40 in 4.72 with a 27 inch verticle jump. Also visiting Vermillion over the weekend and University of Northern Iowa later this month.

Comment

A 4.72 is really not that impressive for a 170 pounder. ???

Comment

That is what I was thinking. That should be the low end speed for our linebackers.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                          Interesting story over on Minnesota Preps about recruits spurning offers from DIA schools and taking DIAA offers closer to home. Examples:

Keith Badger 6'2 185 lb QB from Cottage Grove was offered by Northern Illinois and is considering University of Wisconsin Stout. Jacks were reported to be after this guy. Great athlete was fifth in the state in the 200 meter.

James Ruffin offered by Ball State and is going to Northern Iowa. Jacks were also after this guy.
                          Tyler Harris 6'4 200 considering offers from Ball State and NDSU.
                          Ramon Humber linebacker from Champlin Park passed on offer from Wyoming and is going to NDSU.
                          Noah Dombrovski was offered by Indiana and is going to DII UND.
                          What is the link to Minnesota Preps. I know I could do a google but as the signing date in Feb approaches, I think this site would be of interest to me and maybe others that are not aware of its location.
                          Thanks.

Comment

I'm dragging out my favorite athletic soapbox: You want speed? Go to the track meets and recruit sprinters who play football.

I've said before that something is going on at SDSU when there are no football players out for track. Either they're being discouraged or forbidden from participating in track or they're too slow to participate successfully in track.

Put the NDSU football roster next to the NDSU track roster and take notes on the speed. Do the same at any major power in football...see who's running on their 4 x 100 relay team. Review the NCAA D-1 4x100 relay champs over the years...you'll see the names of great running backs, D-backs and even an occasional linebacker and quarterback. Many football greats have run on teams that have held the world record in the 4 x 100 relay.

State is going to try to rebuild its track and field program. I hope the football office can open its eyes and see the benefits of recruiting kids who like to run fast.

Comment

I believe there was a D-Back a few years ago who played both football and ran track, Frank Blaylark (sp). I think he's working in admissions at SDSU.

Comment

I agree 4.72 is not blazing speed for a DB or reciever. I saw another article that listed Fox at 4.52 in the 40. The links to Iowa and Minnesota Preps is Iowapreps.rivals.com and Minnesotapreps.rivals.com

You have to pay a $9.00 monthly fee to get access to many of the articles.

Comment

Working...
                                X