Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Montana

I was also wondering if the game will be televised. I posted the same question on the griz board but haven't received a response.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

According to their schedule, all football games are televised.  There is also a column titled "Satellite Feed" but all games are listed as TBA.

Comment

I have relatives who live in Montana. All of the Grizzly games are televised on Cable Montana (I think that's the name) which is the bigger cable provider in the state. I think it's on CBS in montana but I could be wrong about that.;D. I watched a webcast of the NDSU/UM game 2 years ago for free. I don't know if they do that anymore. I not sure if they broadcast the bobcats game statewide or not.

Comment

This is going to be a very difficult task to go into a packed Griz stadium and pull off an upset. I don't think either team knows how good they are this year based on playing teams way above or below their level. I know the Jacks will go in with the firm belief we can win. I just hope we perform on the road more like Southern than UC Davis or Georgia Southern. I think based on the disparity in scholarships and home field advantage it would be a win if we just keep it reasonably close and not get blown out.

Comment

I guess Montana fans have a lot to be arrogant about, but it sure would make a win that much sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
              I guess Montana fans have a lot to be arrogant about, but it sure would make a win that much sweeter.  
              Montana fans have had 10 years to be arrogant and they are but they graduated QB and Receivers and have not solved the problem. Montana will still be arrogant but if you can stop the run it will be fun. For ten years Montana could get away with anything because of their offense. This year they will escape a few because of a hard hitting defense that is the best around and they will try to score with special teams. They have a tremendous advantage in their home stadium 23,000 and full. Montana is ranked #4 in the nation which should be a big advantage to the Jack Rabbits. Montana Defense is #1 Montana offense is unranked and unproven. Upset in waiting??

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                I was also wondering if the game will be televised.  I posted the same question on the griz board but haven't received a response.
                Game will be televised. The paper said it would go out at game time to fans around the nation. I am not sure how. A change for this year locally in Missoula it will be rebroadcast at 10:35 local time. I am not sure how you find the broadcast that goes out around the country because I lost the paper but will update if I read later in the week. If you do not get radio feed which I assume you have you can go to Montanagrizzlies.com and maybe find something at that site. Radio only. EGriz.com is the site to read up on Montana chat.

Comment

Stig was just on the Jackrabbit Report and he said that we did a tape exchange with Montana. Thing is they have our Tape and we are still waiting on theirs. I guess they told him it was sent to South Carolina by mistake, nice. : >

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                    Stig was just on the Jackrabbit Report and he said that we did a tape exchange with Montana.  Thing is they have our Tape and we are still waiting on theirs.  I guess they told him it was sent to South Carolina by mistake, nice.  : >

Go State!  ;D
                    A little hard to mix up JackRabbits and Game Cocks. Coaches must be looking for work in case offense does not Gel so they sent tape to wherever. Unusual because they get pretty whiney when they can not get playoff tapes when they want them. Must be the UPS guy. I think everything goes to Carolina and then is sent out from there. Better recheck the tracking #.

Comment

Here is a link to the Montana football site, for those who want to know more about the Griz:

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/teams/football.stm

Go State! ;D

Comment

Here are highlights from the Missoulian about Griz injuries after their game with Oregon. It says the Griz got $400,000 for their game with the Ducks, not bad.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2...s/sports02.txt

Injuries hit Griz hard in week 2
                        By FRITZ NEIGHBOR of the Missoulian

The Montana Grizzlies are still ranked fourth in Division I-AA after their loss at Oregon, and many of them felt strongly that the 47-14 loss was a good experience.

But that injury list is still pretty long.

The most important loss is linebacker Loren Utterback, a starter on the strong side. His father Brad confirmed on Tuesday that the 218-pound sophomore suffered a broken foot with around eight minutes left in the game. The Fort Benton product had surgery Monday, and will be out 6-8 weeks.

At Montana's weekly press conference, head coach Bobby Hauck noted 12 injuries, without giving specifics.

Hauck listed defensive tackle Alan Saenz, defensive end Mike Murphy, corners Quentin Jackson and Tuff Harris and receiver Jon Talmage as probable; safety Colt Anderson, defensive tackle Jesse Carlson and guard Jason Frink as questionable; and corner Chris Clark, running back JR Waller and Utterback doubtful; and safety Jake McCarthy, who was hurt on the opening kickoff, as out. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

Another story on Griz injuries, Utterback is the focus but a couple of other players are talked about that weren't listed in the Missoulian story:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/app...509140320/1006

Utterback out with broken bone in foot

By GEORGE GEISE
                          Tribune Sports Editor

The Montana Grizzlies lost more than a football game last week at Oregon. They lost a starting outside linebacker to an injury, and several other players could miss Saturday's home game against South Dakota State because of various physical ailments.

Sophomore outside linebacker Loren Utterback of Fort Benton broke a bone in his left foot in the 47-14 loss to Oregon, and had surgery to insert a screw into the damaged area. His father, Brad Utterback, said the recovery timetable is 6-8 weeks. . . .

UM head coach Bobby Hauck, who usually doesn't comment on injuries early in the week, said sophomore Muckie Foreman (6-1, 185) may take Utterback's spot at outside linebacker. Foreman was shifted from safety to linebacker this year.

"He's our backup at that spot. We'll see how it goes, Muckie's played well," Hauck said Tuesday afternoon before practice.

There's a chance senior Shane MacIntyre (6-3, 235) of Helena could switch from inside linebacker to the outside, where he played the past three years. Sophomore Kyle Ryan (6-3, 222) of Billings would move into the middle.

Several other Grizzly athletes suffered injuries at Oregon that could keep them from playing Saturday. Starting guard Jason Frink is "questionable," according to Hauck, with Colin Dow or Brent Russem likely to replace him if he can't play. Colt Anderson, Chris Clark, Jake McCarthy and backup tailback JR Waller also are banged up.

Never good to hear about players getting hurt, but this is good info to have when you are putting together a game plan.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I give my prediction at 31-16 Montana :-[

I have been close the last two weeks and hopefully will be wrong now. I do think we have a shot, but this is a realistic guess.

If you want a homer score it's - 34-31 Jacks ;D

Comment

SDSU MUST play error-free ball to keep this game close. Control everything they can control, and it could be a close game.

That said, Griz win 26-24, with a field goal to regain the lead that the Jacks take away in the fourth, or was that field goal...... WIDE RIGHT????!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
                                SDSU MUST play error-free ball to keep this game close. Control everything they can control, and it could be a close game.

That said, Griz win 26-24, with a field goal to regain the lead that the Jacks take away in the fourth, or was that field goal...... WIDE RIGHT????!!!!!
                                There is no arguement about the error free play required of SDSU.  Montana may be trying to test their strengths and features in terms of players this year, but for SDSU, a great deal about coaching and quality playing on the field are all being tested.  How will we hold up against the crowd noise? Can we silence the crowd like the Bison did two years ago? Will be missing Karl Ballard after Saturday or will the new DO guy be our guy after the game is over?

So many questions, that I would not even venture a score.

Comment

Working...
                                X