Keep in mind, our players read this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keep in mind, our players read this board

Just keep it within reason guys (gals). Keep in mind these players are in college and not the pros. However this board should be here to give our opinions on the program. As long as it's not a personal attack (such as "antiKardoes&quot it should be welcome.

The biggest thing that bothers me is all the new posters with 3 or less posts. It's hard to gage if they are die hard Jacks fans or the casual complainer. Hopefully they are the first and participate more. Otherwise they are the latter and we won't see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Ah, the joys of computer-mediated communications.

I suspect you and I actually agree to a very large extent, OK.  
      You're probably right. Leave it to a journalism professor (me) to flip out over First Amendment issues. And leave it to a journalism professor (me) who teaches computer-mediated communication to misread the meaning of your post.

If nothing else, this thread provides me with a good example to use in class.

Comment

GREETINGS i do not attempt to make a personal attack on anyone so i am sorry if this will bother anyone. first ANTIKARDOES changed name to jharris fan under JACKS OFFENSE probably shouldnt have used it but that is done with now. you now what he expressed my concerns also i wish i knew why they wont try others. its frustrating because new game plan isnt working to well i would like to see things switched up and not go a whole season like this saying oh if only.I am tired of 6 and 5 average teams these players are good in fact many of these players are starting to realize their potential.they can and belong in1-AA. many people want to express themselves and they should be able to. personally i feel a 6/5 COACH IN HIGH SCHOOL WILL BE A 6/5 COACH IN 1-AA.if you are average you will be average. i am average i dont care . but im not coaching a football team. personally i lurked on this site about 2 months or so the feeling i got was that if you dare to express your opinion or obvious fact get ready to defend yourself because you will be assaulted .why did i come to this board i wonder that myself.I AM A FAN i have been going to home games for 6 years now .last week i had a fever of 101 i still went (really stupid i know) so dont question ones loyalty just because 2 or 3 posts they make. MANY POSTS DO NOT MAKE YOU A FAN. i am just saying what needed to be said.WOW i have turned into some of you.am i bad or what.you can vote me off if you want i dont care because i will still be a fan no matter what you think. thank you have a good night. one small step for hares one giant step for FANKIND.

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
          Ask yourself:

"Will my post help a player to play better or is it just making him feel worse than he should.

Our players and coaches are putting everything on the line every time they step onto the field.

They deserve our support and encouragement, good game or bad, win or lose!

JBNJBQ
          Us old guys aren't computer whizzes like you young fellas, so let's hope this works like I hope it does and ends up in the right place this time.

I agree with this premis. These young men lay it on the line while we sit on our behinds and criticize them. Critquing is not the same as trashing. I see too much of the latter and not enough of the first. Lets try CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Not only do the players read these posts but I'm betting, so do parents. Put yourself in either place.

Would these posts help you as a player or demoralize you? Would knowing the people in the stands say you stink make you try harder or say the *** with it? If we were as good as they are we would have been on the field, then others could trash us.

Heaven help you should your son or daughter achieve this level of success through years of hard work. Then you can read how some armchair quarterback trashes your son or daughter. I can't imagine how a parent must feel reading how lousy their kid is. Would you as a parent be more or less likely to support SDSU after reading these posts about your STUDENT athlete.

I came to this site to see people talking about and supporting SDSU football. I don't come back often because the vast majority is NEGATIVE. If I want to see that about our program I'll go to the Coyote forum. If they have one.
          How about we support our kids?

Comment

I for one find the title of this thread a little embarassing. If players have the time to read this board during the season, then they are either tremendous student athletes, or are not getting on the field/making the grade. Hope it is the 1st and not the latter. I know when I played, I didn't have the time or energy to waste on message boards. There was plenty of books to read, notes to review, film to watch, and sleep to catch up on. But of course, I probably have fewer than 3 posts, so what the heck does my opinion matter.

Comment

Let me be the first to say that after checking out many different fanboards, from e-griz, to the Bison board, to the GA Southern board, and on to Pro boards, like Packers and Vikings, and this is by far and away the nicest and cleanest board I've been to. I have the overwhelming urge to knit at times.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak
                ..... this is by far and away the nicest and cleanest board I've been to.  I have the overwhelming urge to knit at times.  

Hey, 89 look where "MODERATION" has taken us!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by m11jacks
                  I for one find the title of this thread a little embarassing.  If players have the time to read this board during the season, then they are either tremendous student athletes, or are not getting on the field/making the grade.  Hope it is the 1st and not the latter.  I know when I played, I didn't have the time or energy to waste on message boards.  There was plenty of books to read, notes to review, film to watch, and sleep to catch up on.  But of course, I probably have fewer than 3 posts, so what the heck does my opinion matter.
                  I sense a voice of experience speaking here and I accept it as gospel. I was always so impressed with Casey Estling the BB player who with 4.0 GPA played basketball, but as a student was an expert in time management. I sure some of our current and past football players come from this same mold.  MJA is probably one I am sure.

Whether its players or other fans, I find myself having a negative record of letting emotions take over on message boards. I guess it got started back when I was posting on the NY Times poltical board. I wont say more, but it made me into a monster with words something I would not otherwise be.

An other fan on the Don Hansen board invited me to D2Football.com precessor which was a D2 football egroups and again I got nasty and booted a time or too. Most recently I got booted from SiouxSports.com and The Argus forum. Often saying things that I regret and again my emotions were in controll and saying wrong and harmful things.   A year ago  I laid into OK rabbit over the Robinson affair. Another situation I regret. :-X

I think I am finally getting the point. If you post on a message board treat everyone as though they were having coffee with you and you are eye balling that person acoss the table. Or think of them being in yours/theirs living room.  In my case, I would often parse what I say in person so why not also do that when posting on this board. Facts should not be hidden but neither should civility.

As far as criticism of the SDSU football program, I think for some its hard to put it all in perspective. Some fans may be still  using NCC norms to judge and maybe have no idea who our opponents are.  That said I think if players are finding time to read, I hope they do discriminate between destructive and constructive criticism and move on get pumped for the coming game.

Go State!!!!

Comment

Sorry about sounding demeaning about 3 posts. Nothing wrong with that, just keep at it. We all are there sometime.

I do think this is a great board and run very well. Keep it up!

Comment

Careful SDSUFAN, don't give MJA too much credit. He had plenty of time to hit the books his freshman year cause he wasn't hitting anyone on the practice field. But to his credit, he understood time management and was able to succeed in the classroom and on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

Hey, 89 look where "MODERATION" has taken us!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Forgot to mention, I don't like to knit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gray_Hare
                          I came to this site to see people talking about and supporting SDSU football. I don't come back often because the vast majority is NEGATIVE. If I want to see that about our program I'll go to the Coyote forum. If they have one.
                          How about we support our kids?
                          I don't know what posts you're reading but a statement like this is just plain inaccurate. There may be some negative posts recently and there may be an occasion when criticism is harsh but to say the vast majority of posts are negative is just flat out not accurate.

Spend some time looking through all of the posts (that will take a lot of time). I suspect you'll find that the vast majority are positive.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by m11jacks
                            Careful SDSUFAN, don't give MJA too much credit.  He had plenty of time to hit the books his freshman year cause he wasn't hitting anyone on the practice field.  But to his credit, he understood time management and was able to succeed in the classroom and on the field.
                            I'm getting way too much credit from SDSUFAN.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

So, what about that Texas State game this Saturday?

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1127762399
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

I'm getting way too much credit from SDSUFAN.
                                MJA:
                                If you got the energy to play fb at SDSU like you did and I remember you as a good one, obtain a respectible score on the LSAT, get into Law school and end up at a respectable law firm in Milwaukee, then you must have something going your way and I am sure you have controlled your own destiny and done so in a credible manner. Don't be modest. ;D

I do think student athletes who live up to both lable of student and athlete and do so to be recognized on and off the field are very special people. They deserve credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X