Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats to JACKs GSU55/SDSU42

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
    Andy Kardoes is a tough guy and a great competitor, but I think that Ryan Berry's passing really makes us a better offense by getting more of the playmakers involved. Josh Davis was actually a key part of the game today doing something other than blocking punts. We have desperately needed to get our playmakers involved, and Berry did it today. The kid looks like a gamer; and we can't continue to rely on Watson and Koenig (and the o-line) to do it all themselves like we have so many times this year. The statistics are preliminary, but the contrast is striking:

Berry, not quite 2 full games
    27-45, 396 yards, 7 TD, 3 int
    198 yards/game

Kardoes, about 6 games plus one possession
    62-133, 674 yards, 2 TD, 6 int
    112 yards/game

Whether it was injuries or the leve of competition (although his stats include Valpo and Lacrosse) that are responsible for Kardoes' lack of production, I don't know. But I suspect at the heart of it, this is a simple situation: Ryan Berry is just a better passer.
    All I can say is "RIGHT ON"! There is no logical argument from ANYONE who has actually WATCHED the games all year long that could be made to justify on a performance-based platform that would come to the conclusion that Kardoes should play QB instead of Berry. Young, yes. Worse, no way. Improving every down, absolutely. Making better throws (important), better decisions (vital). That is happening with Berry now. Thanks, Andy, for giving the position your all, now let's see you on the field in a different capacity!

Comment

I think we have two capable QB's, and I really do not care who starts, but I do want to say that Berry was passing against a team that is known for "outscoring" their opponents. They are not a defensive team. Whether that had anything to do with his numbers or not, I'm not sure. But Georgia Southern's defense is not near some of the defenses that Kardoes has had to play this year. Whoever starts, I really don't know if the Jacks can go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisfan
        All I can say is "RIGHT ON"! There is no logical argument from ANYONE who has actually WATCHED the games all year long that could be made to justify on a performance-based platform that would come to the conclusion that Kardoes should play QB instead of Berry. Young, yes. Worse, no way. Improving every down, absolutely. Making better throws (important), better decisions (vital). That is happening with Berry now. Thanks, Andy, for giving the position your all, now let's see you on the field in a different capacity!
        Like another said, seems like Stig knows what he's doing.

Kardoes today - 9-18 129 yards pass 30 rush with 3tds, no ints.

Comment

Working...
        X