Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to JACKs GSU55/SDSU42

A clean game

The Jacks have come a LONG way in 1AA sence last year. This GSU fan is impressed with your 500 yards of total "O". Hope to see you in the playoffs next year and at the rate your going thats not a wild guess!
    As U can see the GSU "D" is not a playoff calaber unit. It will be intresting top see if we can still make the playoffs

Your TEAM & FANS are a class act!
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Re: Congrats to JACKs GSU55/SDSU42

Yep..  

Great game guys..

Mucho change from last year at our house eh?

As always SDSU runs a class act, and looks like your Jackrabbits are way above the standard 1AA learning curve.

Much success to you for the rest of the season.

Best Wishes,
    PX

Comment

1138 yards of offense by both teams WoW

Comment

I wish I could have heard that game! Wow. Congratulations to GSU. We get the Jacks in a couple of weeks in Fargo. No doubt that will be for the Dacotah Football Championship.

Comment

Great game by both GSU and the Jacks, I wish it was a win though.

I would really love to see this matchup continue, at least until the jacks get a win against GSU.

Great game by the offense, now on to next week.

Comment

Hats off to Georgia Southern, hell of a game you guys played.  We tried to make things interesting, but just too many mistakes in the second half.

I've been to every home game this season, and there's no doubt that GS is the fastest team I've seen, especially your QB [s]Austin[/s] Foster, he was the difference in this game.  You guys are lucky to be able to watch him for another two seasons.

Turnovers and big plays were the story of the game in my opinion.  We had 4 turnovers that really cost us a chance to win the game in the second half.  Also, I don't know how many times we had 3rd and short plays on defense, but just couldn't get the big stop when we needed it.

Big day for Watson today, I think he won his starting job back.  He made some pretty amazing runs, especially the long TD where he broke 5 tackles.  He also had some nice 10-15 yard runs where he was carrying 5 or 6 tacklers down the field.  Very impressive today, brought back some memories of the ol' Ranek days.

Berry had his ups and downs, but overall I was very impressed with his performance as well.  Tied a school record with 5 TD passes and showed some great poise in the pocket.  He took some really big hits during the game, and was slow getting up a few times, but he kept coming back and looked more and more comfortable as the game went on.  Kardoes was suited up today, and Stig wasn't very commitle on who his starter is for next week against SUU.  Could be interesting how this plays out.

Overall, great effort once again by the Jacks.  You played another national power close and put up a hell of an effort.  Another year and another recruiting class and we'll start winning some of these games, open up the checkbooks boosters, another 19 schollies would go a long ways!

Comment

be nice to see another north western team in the playoffs besides Montana
              www.gsufans.com

Comment

RonRabbit is a good & cool Rabbit that in no way upset the TALON. check your mail Ron

Now X-Rabbit & JBN well?
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

Congrats to GSU, the triple option is fun to watch and I hope SDSU can find the people who could execute that type of offense soon. I dont think that is too likely to happen but I can dream.

I think Austin is a great player for being only 5'8" but would love to see how he preforms in the weight room. Looks like he has been there and done that. ;D

My hats go off to the Jacks for giving it their best shot and to the coaching staff in preparing for this game. It would have been so easy to pack it in and let the Eagles run and fly all over the state of South Dakota.

Ryan Berry really matured today and I have felt a healthy Kardoes was our answer, but if Kardoes needs the rest of the season to heal, its not the end of the world.

Stig sounded like Andy was close to being ready to play but if he needs more time to rest, let him rest and heal.

Comment

funny how 2 years have passed sence the news was given that GSU&SDSU would play. ill miss you guys :'(
                    keep in touch

GSUsTALON
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

I though Berry really looked quite good and the ground game did everything you could ask for. GSU just has a first class running game and althought we slowed it down eventually they found holes. By the way, had my first boiled peanuts today thanks to some friendly GSU tailgaters. BUT THE ATTENDANCE WAS AN EMBARASSMENT! Take away the Pride and their parents and it would have been pitiful! Unfortunately this is preaching to the choir. This was the best team we will have on campus this year. Marketing is the only answer. We drove three and an half hours to get get to the game and it was well worth it. Thanks to both teams!

Comment

Andy Kardoes is a tough guy and a great competitor, but I think that Ryan Berry's passing really makes us a better offense by getting more of the playmakers involved. Josh Davis was actually a key part of the game today doing something other than blocking punts. We have desperately needed to get our playmakers involved, and Berry did it today. The kid looks like a gamer; and we can't continue to rely on Watson and Koenig (and the o-line) to do it all themselves like we have so many times this year. The statistics are preliminary, but the contrast is striking:

Berry, not quite 2 full games
                        27-45, 396 yards, 7 TD, 3 int
                        198 yards/game

Kardoes, about 6 games plus one possession
                        62-133, 674 yards, 2 TD, 6 int
                        112 yards/game

Whether it was injuries or the leve of competition (although his stats include Valpo and Lacrosse) that are responsible for Kardoes' lack of production, I don't know. But I suspect at the heart of it, this is a simple situation: Ryan Berry is just a better passer.

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON
                          A clean game

The Jacks have come a LONG way in 1AA sence last year. This GSU fan is impressed with your 500 yards of total "O". Hope to see you in the playoffs next year and at the rate your going thats not a wild guess!
                          As U can see the GSU "D" is not a playoff calaber unit. It will be intresting top see if we can still make the playoffs

Your TEAM & FANS are a class act!
                          Thanks, TALON! You guys were a lot of fun... BTW, were you the one in the stands, dancing to our Marching band?

Looks like 2008 will be the first season we'll be playoff-eligible.... If we can keep improving like this each year, 2008 is going to be a LOT of fun!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I still don't understand why the NCAA is making you wait until '08 to be playoff eligible. I didn't see or hear the game. All I had were the stats. I told you it would be a shootout. The fact that our defense is a joke does not diminish what you were able to do offensively. Like I said last year, you have a lot of class and I hope we meet again. Feel free to come over to our board and keep us updated on the progress of your team. I'm sure folks like Talon and myself will continue to visit this site. Best wishes for the future. Y'all are going to make some noise in D-I.

Comment

Overall, great effort once again by the Jacks. You played another national power close and put up a hell of an effort. Another year and another recruiting class and we'll start winning some of these games, open up the checkbooks boosters, another 19 schollies would go a long ways!
                              First, awesome game Jacks! It really showed how far we have come, and where improvement is needed. The part I take issue to, however, is what good will more recruits do us if Stig will not play his best players, the most skilled players, anyway? Who would want to come here and sit on the bench behind a guy who cannot pass the ball for two years? Maybe Stig is just blowing smoke about actually considering starting Kardoes over Berry, but if not one would have to ask the following
                              question: 'Is he on to something or ON SOMETHING?'!

Comment

Working...
                              X