2006 schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 schedule

It is good to have them on the schedule at home first in a home and home agreement according to the article.  This will be their first year at the DI-AA level and they will be in the Southland Conference.   Does anyone know how many scholarhships they will have this fall?

The Texas State board says they are coming here in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel
      Central Arkansas (Home)

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/1204...04050037.shtml

login, password both bugmenot for registration
      Thanks for the post Hansel. Central Arkansas at Coughlin is a good game for next season.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Apparently this was as close to another DII game SDSU could find (just kidding)

I was wondering if NDSU/SDSU would get a game with UCA as they are in transition, looks like the jacks will.

Comment

Ya'll are correct, we will be in our first year of transition.

We went 11-3 this year losing in the quarterfinals of the D-II playoffs.

While we lose some very good seniors, we also have a nice mix of returning juniors, sophomores, and freshmen who contributed this year.

It is my understanding that we will be at or very near 63 scholarships next year, why mess around.

I look forward to the trip up. My daughter is in school at Carlton College over in Northfield, MN and we will try to combine a trip to visit her with watching the Bears.

We will try to not embarrass ourselves.

p.s. Do ya'll know the date of the game?

Our schedule is still in limbo and dates have not been published.

Comment

UCABears, this is the schedule for SDSU that has been posted on this thread earlier.  SDSU likes to keep the opening of Pheasant Season open so there is a good likelihood that your game here will be either September 23 or Oct 7.  But that could all change when another game is locked in or if you have conflicts with those dates.

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
            I saw this in yesterday's program.

Sept. 2 - Wis. La Crosse
            Sept. 9 - at Montana
            Sept. 16 - at Northern Iowa
            Sept. 23 - TBA
            Sept. 30 - Idaho St.

Oct. 7 - TBA
            Oct. 14 - TBA
            Oct. 21 - at Cal-Poly
            Oct. 28 - UC Davis

Nov. 4 - William Penn
            Nov. 11 - at Southern Utah
            Nov. 18 - at NDSU

Comment

Has anyone heard about status of our remaining open dates on the 2006 Football Schedule? I'm not enamored with our current home schedule and hope we can get a few more good games to compliment what we have thus far. Hope to see NDSU, UNI and one of the Montana schools on the home schedule in 2007!

Comment

It is my understanding that we are traveling to Nicholls State in September and we are hosting Central Arkansas Oct 7 or 14.

5 home date
                Wisc Lacrosse
                Idaho State
                Central Arkansas
                UC Davis
                William Penn

The good news is that William Penn is likely Hobo Day so we won't have to deal with poor attendance afterward. It is likely we could have our attendance average up near 9,000 next year.

Comment

There will be a brutal 3 game strech of road games with Montana, UNI, and Nicholls St. in September. The other Road games would be NDSU, Cal Poly, and Southern Utah. I dont feel so bad about scheduling Wm.Penn when you look at the nasty schedule we will be playing next year. All home games are must wins!!

Comment

It's offical:

2006 JACKRABBIT
                    FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

SEPTEMBER
                    2 WISCONSIN-LaCROSSE, TBA
                    9 at Montana, 1:05 p.m. MT
                    16 at Northern Iowa, 4:05 p.m.
                    23 at Nicholls State, 2 p.m.
                    30 IDAHO STATE, TBA

OCTOBER
                    7 CENTRAL ARKANSAS, TBA
                    14 open date
                    21 at Cal Poly. TBA
                    28 UC DAVIS, 2 p.m. (Hobo Day)

NOVEMBER
                    4 WILLIAM PENN, 1 p.m.
                    11 at Southern Utah, 1 p.m.
                    18 at North Dakota State, TBA

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,4776

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Another tough schedule!

Comment

I'm glad to see Hobo day where it is. Will give all the people that only come to that game a chance to see some good competition.

I doubt there will be many for the William Penn game though.

Comment

I'm anxious to get the Wisconsin Lacrosse games off our schedule. Would rather play an NCC team which we may in the future. The Northern Iowa game would be a great roadtrip! I think our 2007 home schedule will be very solid.

Comment

If memory serves me right, 2007 should have home games against Cal Poly, S. Utah, NDSU, and I think I have heard that Montana and Texas State are doing return trips. My understanding was that Montana was a three year 2 road 1 home agreement and I believe I read on the Texas State board that they were coming here in fall 07. Can any of you verify this.

Comment

Jacks announce 2006 football schedule
                              SDSU to open at home Sept.
                              From Staff Reports
                              Argus Leader

Article Published: 01/11/06, 12:01 pm

BROOKINGS -- South Dakota State's football team will have five home games and a tough four-game road slate this fall.

The Jackrabbits, whose schedule was announced Wednesday morning, will hold their annual Hobo Day game on Oct. 28 against California Davis. SDSU (6-5, 3-2 Great West Football Conference in 2005) also will play home games against Wisconsin-LaCrosse, Idaho State, Central Arkansas and William Penn.

The Jackrabbit road schedule includes games against four teams which were in the Division I-AA playoffs, three of them on back-to-back -- Montana, Northern Iowa, Nicholls State and Cal Poly. The other two are Great West Conference games at Southern Utah and North Dakota State.

All but two games are against I-AA opponents. Wisconsin-Lacrosse is a Division III school, and William Penn is an NAIA squad. Central Arkansas, currently a D-II school, is beginning its transition to I-AA football this fall.

2006 JACKRABBIT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

SEPT. 2 WISCONSIN-LaCROSSE, TBA

Sept. 9 at Montana, 2:05 p.m.

Sept. 16 at Northern Iowa, 4:05 p.m.

Sept. 23 Nicholls State, 2 p.m.

SEPT. 30 IDAHO STATE, TBA

OCT. 7 CENTRAL ARKANSAS, TBA

Oct. 14 open date

Oct. 21 at Cal Poly. TBA

OCT. 28 UC DAVIS, 2 p.m. (Hobo Day)

NOV. 4 WILLIAM PENN, 1 p.m.

Nov. 11 - at Southern Utah, TBA

Nov. 18 - at North Dakota State, TBA

(Home games in caps)

Comment

Give it another couple of years, and you'll be seeing a I-A road game and a D-II home "tune-up" game every year, I'd wager.

You'd think the GWFC would have some interest in balancing out the five members' league schedules--two home and two road for all of the five members. Maybe they couldn't do that for next year, but I'd hope they'd do that beyond 2006.

(Of course, that kinda gives SDSU the shaft, since we're the one with only one GWFC home game again this year . . . )
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X