2006 schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 schedule

That's a real solid schedule as long as the TBA's don't get filled with D-II/D-III's. Problem is they may have to if a game hasn't already been found.

Comment

I dont like to fault our staff and admininistration, but William Penn? That seems to be a horrible choice. :-X

Here is the link to William Penn schedule:

http://statesmen.wmpenn.edu/football/schedule.php

Comment

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
        I saw this in yesterday's program.

Sept. 2 - Wis. La Crosse
        Sept. 9 - at Montana
        Sept. 16 - at Northern Iowa
        Sept. 23 - TBA
        Sept. 30 - Idaho St.

Oct. 7 - TBA
        Oct. 14 - TBA
        Oct. 21 - at Cal-Poly
        Oct. 28 - UC Davis

Nov. 4 - William Penn
        Nov. 11 - at Southern Utah
        Nov. 18 - at NDSU
        I just may have to make the Montana trip next year.  It was hard to pass it up this year.  Would also like to make the UNI trip but it's the Vietnam War memorial dedication in Pierre that weekend and my pa's a vet...no way I'll miss that.

http://www.sdvietnamwarmemorial.com/

*page best viewed with cpu sound on

Comment

It appears that we now have 4 homes games scheduled and 5 away games scheduled. We need to have 6 home games each year. I would hope that each home game would be worth $200,000 to our athletic department. I think that is a reasonable goal if not conservative. 6 home games would generate us 1.2 million per year. We would need to average 12,000 fans at each home game. I also agree that scheduling William Penn to a home game in November is not going to get us there. It must be very difficult for our staff to get games right now with worthy opponents. I was hoping our non conference schedule would be a home-away series with 1AA opponents with the likes of Tenn Tech, Western Illinois, Miss Valley State, Sourheast Missouri State,Weber State or even Missouri State to name a few. These schools must not be interested in us quite yet. I would hope that we get two more home games and our opponent is not a Division III school. Go State!!

Comment

Any new games make the list? Maybe somebody can let us know who gets a program at the UNC game.

Comment

I wonder if there have been any updates. Stig didn't mention anything about William Penn during the UNC post game and he really talked about every other game, including W-Lacrosse. I wonder if they are still on the schedule, or if he just didn't want to talk about them since it isn't a real marquee game. I know at one time there was a link(don't remember if it was on AGS or somewhere else) of teams future schedules and their open dates. I am sure the AD has this info but it would be fun for us to see and speculate as to opening in the schedule that match up with other opponents. I know from reading the bison board they have went as far as emailing Taylor to let him know about their thoughts for future games. I know i wouldn't go that far but i still would be interested in looking at the possibilities and talking about it with my fellow "keyboard AD's" (i.e. you guys).

Have a good thanksgiving, see all of you at SEMO tommorrow night.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Jackrabbit 1979 said in the previous post:

I know at one time there was a link(don't remember if it was on AGS or somewhere else) of teams future schedules and their open dates.

The site is the American Football Coaches Association.  See the link below.

http://www.afca.com/

Open dates in one of the links toward the bottom on the left.  

There may be other sites, but ths is the only one I know.

Comment

For what's it worth, Texas State is penciled in to visit you in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Except for that first damn game with La Crosse that is looking like one heck of a good schedule.  Suprised we have to go to NDSU again.  Glad to see the 21st is an away game (pheasant opener).  I think one of the TBA's will be Texas St. and one will be left OPEN.  As for the last TBA ????
                    ......and the William Penn game, they are a not very good NAIA team.

Am glad to see UNI on the schedule. What are the chances this becomes a perminant nonconference game? It could turn into a nice regional rivalry game for both squads.

Actually, I'd like to see SDSU, NDSU and UNI set up a nice little regional rivalry by playing eachother every year.

What's up with playing at NDSU again? Who sets the conference schedule GWFC or the schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucky

......and the William Penn game, they are a not very good NAIA team.

Am glad to see UNI on the schedule. What are the chances this becomes a perminant nonconference game? It could turn into a nice regional rivalry game for both squads.

Actually, I'd like to see SDSU, NDSU and UNI set up a nice little regional rivalry by playing eachother every year.

What's up with playing at NDSU again? Who sets the conference schedule GWFC or the schools?

Yeah I was looking forward on driving down to brookings next year along with my friends in the battlewagon and it happens you guys will be coming up to the Dome again. Hopefully the weather will be much more pleasant than this year and see a massive tailgating crowd.

Comment

Hard to tell if these are still available, but they would match up with our open dates.  Sure is fun to speculate...

Posted: 7-19-05
                        Furman University
                        Open Dates
                        2006: 9/9, 10/7, 11/18
                        2007: 9/8, 9/15, 10/6, 11/17
                        Looking for home and home series with Division IAA Schools. Willing to start on the road in 2006 with return game at Furman in 2007.

Posted: 10-12-04
                        McNeese State University
                        2006: 9/2, 9/9, 9/23, 9/30 Need at least two home games and one I-A
                        guarantee game

Updated: 10-26-04
                        Northwestern State (La.)
                        Open Dates
                        2006: 9/2, 9/9, 9/23, 11/4
                        2007: 9/8, 9/22, 9/29, 11/3
                        Interested in guarantee games vs Division IA, home or away vs IAA, or home vs D II.

Posted: 12-8-04
                        Northern Arizona University
                        Open Dates
                        2006: 9/16 home, 10/17 home or away

Posted 9-26-03
                        Southeast Missouri State University
                        Open Dates
                        2006: 9/2, 9/9, 9/16, 10/14 - desire one home and one away vs. D-IAA and one away D-IA game for a guarantee
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

It would be great to have another Southern or Southland Conference team on the schedule. I know that having Georgia Southern and Texas St. on the schedule this year helped me become alot more aware of the other DIAA conferences. Would also help us become more visible on the national scene.

Comment

If we have to schedule some lower division teams to fill out our schedule. I think that getting a regional d2 team from MN or SD would be better for attendance. I would hope though that we could make something work with those DI-AA schools. If we have to play them away for the first year to get a return, then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                              Hard to tell if these are still available, but they would match up with our open dates.  Sure is fun to speculate...

Posted: 7-19-05
                              Furman University
                              Open Dates
                              2006: 9/9, 10/7, 11/18
                              2007: 9/8, 9/15, 10/6, 11/17
                              Looking for home and home series with Division IAA Schools. Willing to start on the road in 2006 with return game at Furman in 2007.

Posted: 10-12-04
                              McNeese State University
                              2006: 9/2, 9/9, 9/23, 9/30 Need at least two home games and one I-A
                              guarantee game

Updated: 10-26-04
                              Northwestern State (La.)
                              Open Dates
                              2006: 9/2, 9/9, 9/23, 11/4
                              2007: 9/8, 9/22, 9/29, 11/3
                              Interested in guarantee games vs Division IA, home or away vs IAA, or home vs D II.

Posted: 12-8-04
                              Northern Arizona University
                              Open Dates
                              2006: 9/16 home, 10/17 home or away

Posted 9-26-03
                              Southeast Missouri State University
                              Open Dates
                              2006: 9/2, 9/9, 9/16, 10/14 - desire one home and one away vs. D-IAA and one away D-IA game for a guarantee
                              Would be pretty sweet to get a home and home with Furman. Actually, it would be nice to get a game or two with any of these teams instead of Valp, Wis-Lacrosse, William Penn, etc.

Comment

Central Arkansas (Home)

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/1204...04050037.shtml

login, password both bugmenot for registration

Comment

Working...
                                X