2006 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2006 Recruits

Kind of like when I was being "recruited" by Minnesota.  I received a form letter asking for my relevant information.  My next contact was them telling me I wasn't big enough (too skinny) and asked me to walk on.  Stig's way around that when we were talking about an upcoming meeting with Coach Daly?  Wear a big sweatshirt.  True story.

- (Had to put the quotes around the recruited. It didn't seem right to classify a couple letters and a phone call as recruited.)
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Jacks get a verbal from a kid in my area.

Port Washington senior Justin Mitchell will paly football at South Dakota State next season. The wide receiver ranked fourth in the Milwaukee area with an average of 80.4 yards receiving per game. He finished with 32 catches for 724 yards and six touchdowns. Mitchell, who could also compete on teh school's track and field team, was named first-team all-North Shore Conference and made honorable mention on the Journal Sentinel all-state team.

I've seen him play basketball against my boss' son. He's a great athlete with quickness and some spring. If I was an upperclassman, I would get him on my intramural squad for next year.

By the way, he was getting several looks from Big 10 schools before deciding on SDSU.

Go Jacks!
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

MJA,
        Have you seen/heard anything about this kid. Fans on bison board think they have a chance at him...

From their board:
        Here is a story on Dante Steward. Hopefully, he will be a Bison.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/prep/oct05/361136.asp
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I've heard of him, but don't have any inside scoop on him. I know Brookfield Academy isn't exactly the Sioux Falls O'Gorman of the Milwaukee area. They're probably actually closer to the Miller of the Milwaukee area in regards to football talent. BA is a private school with a high tuition and small student population. They were 2-7 last season with wins over Oneida Nation and Madison Abudant Life.

No knock on the kid, but just a little piece of relevent info. In fact, he led the area in rushing per game last year. Second to a kid named Trevon Hughes who is going to play point guard for the Wisconsin Badgers last year, so he has talent. His stats for last year.

Dante Steward, Milw. Marshall 259 rushes for 1,609 yards and 23 touchdowns averaging 201.1/game.

Comment

He also made honorable mention all-state for the Journal Sentinel team.

Comment

It appears Jacks got another committment out of Minnesota last weekend from Jon Stephens 6'4 280 out of Concordia Academy. Some comments that this guy physically could play DIA.

Comment

The Saturday Argus Leader reports that Milbank, SD's Russ Schultz, 6'5 and 205 lbs. (two time all-state tight end) has verbally committed to South Dakota State University.

Here is a link to KSFY Pigskin Preview top 50 players to watch from South Dakota:
                http://www.ksfybasketballpreview.com/PTPers.html
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Alright, an organized list of our commitments is due here.

From http://www.showingblitz.com/06verbals.html

Stefan Geissler - 6-1/220 - Cadott, WI
                  Ryan McNight - 6-4/260 - Sioux Falls, SD
                  Kyle Minett - 5-11/175 - Tyler, MN
                  Antonio Thompson - 6-3/230 - Sioux Falls, SD

From other posters on this site:

Russ Schultz, 6'5/205
                  Jon Stephens 6'4/280
                  Justin Mitchell ?/?
                  Conrad Kjerstad 6'2/185

Thats all I could fine here in this thread. If you have heard about any other commitments, or if i have made an error, feel free to copy, paste, and revive.

Comment

I heard over the weekend that the Duffy kid from Brookings gave a verbal to the Jacks. Can anyone confirm this to be fact.

Comment

Justin Mitchell is listed at 6'1" as a football player and 6'3" as a basketball player. Also listed at 175 pounds. Just wanted to complete the list from above. Having seen him play basketball, he's closer to the 6'1" than 6'3".

Comment

Did Ex-Jack have his post removed? I was trying to find his post about football recruits and it looks as if they are all gone...
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I noticed the same thing? Not sure what happened. He may have gotten dismayed and taken his posts with him.

Comment

Taylor Bookins a running back out of Cedar Falls who was being shown interest by the Jacks at one time has committed to UNI. He was also considering USD and Minnesota State at the end. Jacks may have pulled back based on other running back committments. Stefan Geissler 6'1 220 the back out of Wisconsin who has committed may end up at linebacker.

Comment

I was trolling around looking for committments from the states of Illinois and Minnesota and noticed Augie has a number of verbals from those two states. I think Salem is going to turn that program around. Jacks do not seem to be a player in Illinois at this point. Haven't seen anyone verbal from Nebraska to the Jacks, but assume we will get some good players from there again.

Comment

Jacks get a verbal from first known recruit out of Iowa. Austin Frain 6'1 190 linebacker Treynor Ia. First team defense in Class A. There are others in Iowa who should committ.

Comment

Working...
                                X